QFTOS Cavaliers @ Lakers - march 12 2018 (page 2 for more!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

NATO is the Goat From The Other Side! We now have a mole who can read their gameday threads.

Wonder if he's a transitioning Cavs fan...
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
NATO....wow!! Thanks for that goldmine of quotes!!

Fantastic first post....you came bearing gifts!!

Welcome. :cheers:

I second that emotion!!!!! These were great

Coach Wooden
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakerlynx wrote:
I'm afraid if we get LeBron that's going to be us in 3-4 years.

The Heat won 2 championships and made the Finals 4 times. The Cavs made the Finals 3 times and won a championship for the first time ever, and it was the first time a Cleveland team in pro sports won since the 1960’s.

I’ll take those results even if it means a decline after that (if I was a fan of one of those teams).

But you could be right and we don’t know if Lebron would win in LA.

Imo there are 2 issues:

1. Will Lebron want to trade any of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart? Will we lose Randle in the process?

2. Lebron doesn’t play defense anymore. Everyone gets it, he needs to pace himself now...but how much is left in the tank? We can’t assume that he will turn it on in the playoffs moving forward. Father Time and decline is undefeated and defensively is the first sign of his slippage imo.

Who are the good young players traded by LeBron? Kyrie asked for a trade so he doesn't count. Andrew Wiggins? Getting Love for him still seems like a good deal to me. I can't see the Lakers giving him GM power anyhow.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakerlynx wrote:

The Heat won 2 championships and made the Finals 4 times. The Cavs made the Finals 3 times and won a championship for the first time ever, and it was the first time a Cleveland team in pro sports won since the 1960’s.

I’ll take those results even if it means a decline after that (if I was a fan of one of those teams).

Imo there are 2 issues:

1. Will Lebron want to trade any of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart? Will we lose Randle in the process?

2. Lebron doesn’t play defense anymore. Everyone gets it, he needs to pace himself now...but how much is left in the tank? We can’t assume that he will turn it on in the playoffs moving forward. Father Time and decline is undefeated and defensively is the first sign of his slippage imo.

Who are the good young players traded by LeBron? Kyrie asked for a trade so he doesn't count. Andrew Wiggins? Getting Love for him still seems like a good deal to me. I can't see the Lakers giving him GM power anyhow.

Wherever Lebron goes, the track record is to swap out young or unproven players for veterans and after a 3 year run give or take, his teams become old, stale and he leaves.

We can debate on if he ever had good young players the caliber of the Lakers young core, but I still believe he is going to have the Magic and Pelinka sacrifice some of the young core to get what he desires. Can you honestly say that he wouldn't sacrifice Ball, Ingram, Kuz or Hart if there is someone he wanted?

I want no part of that because tbh we would end up just like the Cavs or Heat in 2 years.

If he wants to come and play with the young core, then welcome to LA Lebron.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

Yeah, in retrospect, the Cavs didn't give up too much, since Wiggins doesn't seem to have nearly as much upside as people thought when he was coming into the league.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakerlynx wrote:

Imo there are 2 issues:

Wherever Lebron goes, the track record is to swap out young or unproven players for veterans and after a 3 year run give or take, his teams become old, stale and he leaves.

We can debate on if he ever had good young players the caliber of the Lakers young core, but I still believe he is going to have the Magic and Pelinka sacrifice some of the young core to get what he desires. Can you honestly say that he wouldn't sacrifice Ball, Ingram, Kuz or Hart if there is someone he wanted?

I want no part of that because tbh we would end up just like the Cavs or Heat in 2 years.

If he wants to come and play with the young core, then welcome to LA Lebron.

But that's the whole point of Treble Clef's question. What other examples are there outside of Wiggins?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

NATO wrote:
RealCavsFan board.

First half

Quote:
This game has disaster written all over it

Quote:
Do we have anyone on the squad who can stay in front of Randle?

Quote:
Is it me but is the Cavs moving in Slow Mo

Quote:
Ty Lue probably has an IQ below 60.

Quote:
Lue's gay ISO offense makes Mike Brown's offense look like the Showtime Lakers.

Quote:
Clarkson have LeBron-itis on defense. Leaves open 3pt shooters to (bleep) around and ball watch.

Quote:
Clarkson just leaves his man for no reason constantly.

Quote:
This game is UGLY.

Quote:
That Lonzo J looking smooth.

Quote:
Lol This is like a D-League showcase game.

Quote:
the way this team non-chalantly guards the 3 point line is going to result in my early death

Quote:
So nice of LeBron to complain about the ref and get back into the picture just in time to see Pope's transition three go in.

Quote:
This team sucks ass , screw all the new guys besides Nance, this is a lost season

Quote:
There’s not one team in the NBA that gives up more open looks than us. None. I don’t know what advanced statistics are out there but don’t waste your time looking for it — we’re definitely #1.

Quote:
I don't like seeing Green hit a 3 because he's going to take 15 more and hit 1.

Quote:
Get it within 2. LeBron INSTANTLY loses Kuzma.

Quote:
Who left that short guy open?

Quote:
Get within 2....
Down 8 before I even eat a chip.

Quote:
no shame if we lose, lakers are a good team now with IT

Quote:
George Hill needs to pick it up. Sick of this guy doing a few crossovers and passing it to LeBron. Be a (bleep) PG making 20 million a year. Good lord.

Quote:
I’d rather watch Markelle Fultz shoot like a paralyzed 50 year old instead of JR.

Quote:
LeBron staring down a slow footed center on the perimeter for 5 seconds before clanging a three and then getting beat down the floor for an easy bucket is basically our season in one sequence.

Quote:
65 points to the Lakers in one half. Let that sink in.

Second half

Quote:
Lol, Brook Lopez is apparently a better shooter than all of our guards.

Quote:
LeBron is quitting on us.

Quote:
They should do a giveaway where the winner gets to cuss the team out during a timeout since our staff clearly is scared to do it themselves.

Quote:
What mental deficiency does Jeff Green posses that tells him to shoot three’s?

Quote:
Lue said over my dead body will we win this game.

Quote:
I hate this team.

Quote:
LOL IT just got an offensive rebound. Yeah, they've mailed it in.

Quote:
LeBron just let Thomas get an offensive rebound and then didn't contest him at the rim.
ahahaahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahaa

Quote:
Wow we are going to get blown out.

Quote:
The biggest mistake we’re making as fans is not betting against the Cavs... We were -2 tonight and we all knew exactly what was going to happen. Should have put my retirement on the Lakers.

Quote:
It was tied at 76. Then they gave up a 22-3 run, in 4 minutes. Amazing. (bleep) you, Cavs. Just (bleep) you.

Quote:
Clarkson has such low BBall IQ (bleep).

Quote:
IT scoring at will...

Quote:
We are getting schooled by a midget that can't even play anymore. The story of Lue. Everyone (bleep) on him. God he sucks.

Quote:
Cavs where players come and totally fall off a cliff...

Quote:
Clarkson has really managed to (bleep) himself tonight in a bad way. Somebody tell him to check his shorts. Good lord.

Quote:
I just hope Lue suffers a lifetime of endless diarrhea. That's not too much to ask for.

Quote:
I bet even the suns will rape us.

Quote:
Brook and Randle slaying the Cavs.

Quote:
This abomination in LA has really been eye opening. I didn’t expect to lose twice, much less get blown out twice. Shouldn’t be possible

Quote:
Randle just out-hustling us. All of his baskets are mostly hustle plays.

Quote:
Guys... BROOK LOPEZ, yeah, BROOK LOPEZ absolutely eviscerated the Cavs. It's time to quit on this season. If you stop believing in a Cavs fairytale now, you won't be as upset later on.

Quote:
What in the (bleep) happened. Why did Julius Randle put up a prime LeBron statline. Holy (bleep).

I'm a bit surprised how much criticism Lebron got on their board. I thought he would have MJ-like god status with the fans there.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Yeah NATO!
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Honestly they wouldn't be in as bad a shape if Kyrie didn't force his way out. If I was Gilbert, I would have pleaded with him to stay one more year, then tell him point blank when Lebron is an FA, that he can take a hike if you want to have your own team. I'm glad Dr. Buss had the foresight to commit to Kobe rather than Shaq when push came to shove.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Honestly they wouldn't be in as bad a shape if Kyrie didn't force his way out. If I was Gilbert, I would have pleaded with him to stay one more year, then tell him point blank when Lebron is an FA, that he can take a hike if you want to have your own team. I'm glad Dr. Buss had the foresight to commit to Kobe rather than Shaq when push came to shove.

Yup. Dr. Buss knew how to handle that situation while Gilbert panicked and (bleep) the bed. Difference between a great owner and a lousy one.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakerlynx wrote:

Imo there are 2 issues:

I don't think LeBron CAN play the same defense, and it will only get worse.

He used to volunteer against the opponent's best player when necessary. He never acted like he wanted any part of Julius.

He used to get dunks and breakaways a lot but I don't remember 1 fast break basket for him.....actually I think he got a steal that he probably scored on. Still, that's not mvp LeBron.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

NATO wrote:
Thanks everyone!

It's rather depressing and painful reading some of their stuff on their board. A lot of bickering between posters and mods regarding their team and LJ's lackadaisical defense the entire season.

Most of the debated topics are below when skimming through the posts.
1. Ty Lue or Luecifer is what they called their HC is a nightmare coach from hell. Wish they would have kept Blatt.

2. Their high off from the two games winning post trade is sinking in. Realizing the players they traded for won't be enough to keep LB seated.

3. TT and Jeff Green should never sniff the court again, better yet, don't even sit on the bench.

Oh and they want their FRP back!

Sounds like LG!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: