BSPN Taking Shots at Kobe... again

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: BSPN Taking Shots at Kobe... again

Quote:
Kobe Bryant. I gaped at his January as much as the next fan, but it's hard to argue that he makes his teammates around him better, like LeBron or Steve Nash does.

Quote:
Kobe Bryant. Think there will be any shots left over for teammates Magic Johnson and Lisa Leslie?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hotnot/060215

Surprise!
K8beOwnsBball
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject:

:roll: Nothing new. Desensitized.
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: BSPN Taking Shots at Kobe... again

tgf5 wrote:
Quote:
Kobe Bryant. I gaped at his January as much as the next fan, but it's hard to argue that he makes his teammates around him better, like LeBron or Steve Nash does.

Quote:
Kobe Bryant. Think there will be any shots left over for teammates Magic Johnson and Lisa Leslie?

Surprise!

Blown out of proportion.

This is what you consider to be "ripping?" No offense but you must be one sensitive dude.

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: BSPN Taking Shots at Kobe... again

LkrsOvrMia wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Surprise!

Blown out of proportion.

This is what you consider to be "ripping?" No offense but you must be one sensitive dude.

Go Lakers!

When did I ever get sensitive? Everytime someone takes a shot at Kobe from ESPN, there's a thread. Then we just rip the ESPN people some more. Lighten up.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: BSPN Taking Shots at Kobe... again

tgf5 wrote:
Quote:

You know what's the real deal ?

Nash' and Lebron's teanmates make them look better , not the other way around.

Did you see yesterday how Marion, Diaw, K.Thomas, Barbosa, House, Raja Bell destroyed a Houston team that had just easily won vs the Clippers ?

Certainly Nash is a great player, but how many assists would he average, passing the ball to Kwame, , Walton , Sasha or Lamar ???
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject:

I saw this yesterday. The author did a "What's Hot, What's Not" column. He took any chance to take a slight at Kobe. It was nothing more than blatant stereotypes and prejudgement. Of course, Kobe appeared twice in the "What's Not" column, never on the "What's Hot."

Also, "What's Hot, What's Not" columns are clearly Not Hot. Do something original, man.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject:

Oh, and might I add, I looked for a way to respond to the author and express my opinions on the piece, but his e-mail address was nowhere to be found.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: BSPN Taking Shots at Kobe... again

Luke wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
Quote:

You know what's the real deal ?

Nash' and Lebron's teanmates make them look better , not the other way around.

Did you see yesterday how Marion, Diaw, K.Thomas, Barbosa, House, Raja Bell destroyed a Houston team that had just easily won vs the Clippers ?

Certainly Nash is a great player, but how many assists would he average, passing the ball to Kwame, , Walton , Sasha or Lamar ???

Exactly. Nash has a fantastic team, even without Amare and Lebron's team should be leading the pathetic East. I suppose the ESPN writers forgot all about Cleveland losing 7 straight games with King James choking game ender after game ender. ESPN is useless.

Sadly, Kobe is saddled with the worst team in the last 10 years. Nothing is going to change that.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: BSPN Taking Shots at Kobe... again

LkrsOvrMia wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Surprise!

Blown out of proportion.

Go Lakers!

You're right. Those are actually COMPLIMENTS and he's just confused.

Perhaps you're just too cavalier with how hard Kobe has worked to try to keep this team above water, and don't mind when BSPN just reduces him to nothing more than a selfish prick unworthy of MVP consideration.

Most of us here disagree.
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject:

Who wrote this? It sounds like that idiot Mike Greenberg.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:
Who wrote this? It sounds like that idiot Mike Greenberg.

Dan Shanoff
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject:

This is nothing to get upset about. Guess what? Kobe DOESN'T make his teammates better. That's not ripping. It's just the truth.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject:

Everyone at BSPN is a "Steve Fartman". They ride the sack when Kobe flies high, then they get off and wipe their mouthes when the team fumbles. If they bothered to look at it logically, the Lakers haven't been struggling to put up points. They've been sucking at the defensive end and that comes down to individual effort. Kobe has been very aggressive on the defensive end sometimes gamblng too much while the rest of the team decides to give their man some space.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
This is nothing to get upset about. Guess what? Kobe DOESN'T make his teammates better. That's not ripping. It's just the truth.

Do you think Steve Nash could help Sasha make wide open 3s?
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject:

So we are to believe that if Nash or LeBron passed Kwame the ball, the results would be different than when Kobe does?
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
So we are to believe that if Nash or LeBron passed Kwame the ball, the results would be different than when Kobe does?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Do you think Steve Nash could help Sasha make wide open 3s?

Or help Kwame Brown make wide open layups? Actually, would Kwame even catch Nash's passes?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: