WATCH HIS 'CONFESSION'
To Murdering Nicole

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

How sad is it that I knew this was about OJ before opening the thread?
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
How sad is it that I knew this was about OJ before opening the thread?

right???
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

Not as sad as the fact that he walks the streets as a free man . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Why Fox decided to air the special? It's been 24 years. What happen to change their mind? Some things should be let go.

Fox’s ‘O.J. Simpson: The Lost Confession?’ Special Adds 5 Analysts, Including Prosecutor Christopher Darden

LINK

Quote:
The Brown and Goldman families were said to have been notified by Fox if its intention to air the special. Their support is believed to have been key to Fox’s decision to move ahead with the program.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Why Fox decided to air the special? It's been 24 years. What happen to change their mind? Some things should be let go.

Fox’s ‘O.J. Simpson: The Lost Confession?’ Special Adds 5 Analysts, Including Prosecutor Christopher Darden

LINK

Quote:
The Brown and Goldman families were said to have been notified by Fox if its intention to air the special. Their support is believed to have been key to Fox’s decision to move ahead with the program.

Easy to say when you're not the victim.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Quote:

True, though I was thinking of the victims. If I were a victim I'd want it to stop being newsworthy. The Brown and Goldman families feel differently. I won't attempt to place myself in their places and offer reasons. My injection is from the outside looking in, a bystander.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Quote:

True, though I was thinking of the victims. If I were a victim I'd want it to stop being newsworthy. The Brown and Goldman families feel differently. I won't attempt to place myself in their places and offer reasons. My injection is from the outside looking in, a bystander.

I can totally see where they are coming from. This isn't just "keeping it in the news" . . . This is essentially a public confession, and without a conviction, this is as close to closure as they will get. And it puts an end to the "he didn't do it BS."
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Quote:

I can totally see where they are coming from. This isn't just "keeping it in the news" . . . This is essentially a public confession, and without a conviction, this is as close to closure as they will get. And it puts an end to the "he didn't do it BS."

As I stated, I won't attempt to offer reasons why they're willing to go along with the airing 24 years later. To say I know why would be foolish. What I offered were my feelings as to why I wouldn't want the case to be dredged up again.

OJ being acquitted left few paths for conclusion other than his death.

I'm going to watch the special with unbiased eyes. I will look and listen for a veiled confession. I don't believe there will be anything concrete to say he confesses. Let's see.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't believe there will be anything concrete to say he confesses. Let's see.

"I remember thinking, well whatever is going on over there has gotta stop . . ."
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Quote:

Although sadly, some cling to belief no matter what the evidence.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Quote:

Yeah, and there are Flat Earthers as well . . . there're always yahoos.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

How about a new title:

"If I need money"...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
How about a new title:

"If I need money"...

If OJ is paid the money is supposed to go the Goldman's. OJ's lawyers are finding ways to get around that. I don't think he needs money. If I'm not mistaken he gets $25,000 a month from his pension.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

"I remember thinking, well whatever is going on over there has gotta stop . . ."

I watched the special. I'm off the fence. Nothing concrete but I'm off the fence. Blackout BS. Charlie????? I'm a advocate for the system but it's man made so not perfect. It makes mistakes.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I watched the special. I'm off the fence. Nothing concrete but I'm off the fence. Blackout BS. Charlie????? I'm a advocate for the system but it's man made therefor imperfect. It makes mistakes.

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I watched the special. I'm off the fence. Nothing concrete but I'm off the fence. Blackout BS. Charlie????? I'm a advocate for the system but it's man made so not perfect. It makes mistakes.

I never thought you'd live long enough to have your mind changed about OJ. Wow.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Quote:

Yeah, and there are Flat Earthers as well . . . there're always yahoos.

Do flat earthers believe all the other planets are flat as well? The sun? The moon?
Maybe they think NASA and Elon Musk are flying up to space and pointing all celestial bodies towards us?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Remember the ESPN OJ documentary, then the FX ones?

As an attorney, just brought up so many conflicting emotions. I believe he committed the murder.

But then I marvel at Cochran's mastery of the courtroom.

I think Darden, in FX's depiction said it best when he responded to Cochran at the end of the trial telling him that the OJ case advanced the cause for African Americans across the country.

Quote:
“This isn’t some civil-rights milestone. Police in this country will keep arresting us, keep beating us, keep killing us. You haven’t changed anything for black people here, except your famous rich one in Brentwood.”

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I never thought you'd live long enough to have your mind changed about OJ. Wow.

Never advocated for OJ or Mike. I advocated for the system. In OJ's case I'm of the opinion it failed in Los Angeles and Nevada.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Remember the ESPN OJ documentary, then the FX ones?

As an attorney, just brought up so many conflicting emotions. I believe he committed the murder.

But then I marvel at Cochran's mastery of the courtroom.

I think Darden, in FX's depiction said it best when he responded to Cochran at the end of the trial telling him that the OJ case advanced the cause for African Americans across the country.

Quote:
“This isn’t some civil-rights milestone. Police in this country will keep arresting us, keep beating us, keep killing us. You haven’t changed anything for black people here, except your famous rich one in Brentwood.”

And even OJ himself made it a point to distance himself from the people outside of Brentwood.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

I'm assuming People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story, telling of Cochran going to Simpson's Brentwood mansion and changing the pictures on the walls and redecorating was true. If so, yes, he distanced himself from people outside of Brentwood.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: