Tyronn Lue leaving Cavaliers amid mystery illness

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Tyronn Lue leaving Cavaliers amid mystery illness

There will probably be numerous conspiracy theories saying this is LeBron's doings. Listening to First Take this morning SAS said this is something known by many in the industry who kept it quiet out of respect for Ty.

LINK

Quote:
Associate coach Larry Drew will take over for the Cavaliers, who are 40-29, and desperate to shake things up to compete in what could be James’ last season in Cleveland.

Better be ready to do his best Uncle Drew impersonation.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

Oy, I am not one to jump on conspiracy theories, so I will take this at face value. Which, if true, does not sound good. "Mystery illness" is not a phrase one would want to hear.

Here is to his health. Once a Lakers, always a Lakers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

Cavs meltdown. Goodness.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“I have had chest pains and other troubling symptoms, compounded by a loss of sleep, throughout the year. Despite a battery of tests, there have been no conclusions as to what the exact issue is.”

That doesn't sound like a conspiracy.

It sounds a lot like stress/anxiety along with maybe some underlying health issues that accompany men when they get into middle age. He's still on the young side to be considered middle age but who knows his lifestyle and family health history.

If this was Cavs management, it would be better for Ty Lue to just ask to be fired. Coaches get fired all the time and find new jobs but if a coach steps down because of health issues that might be a red flag to future employers.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Stress/anxiety/dealing with LeBron

Sounds like dealing with that situation and those involved has taken a big mental toll on him and coaching that team isn't good for his physical and mental health under the circumstances.

In addition, LeBron's tendency to constantly belittle his coaches finally caught up to one of them. No other star would be able to get away with that, particularly when their team is struggling. I'd love to see LeBron try to throw a tantrum on Popovich and then wonder why he isn't playing the rest of the game.

There has to be a coach that eventually puts their foot down on LeBron when he tries those antics he's gotten away with because he's LeBron James and reminds him he's the coach and deserves to be respected as one, but that ain't happening in Cleveland.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

In the latest installment of As the Cavs Turn....

The Cavs are more entertaining off the court than on it.

Seriously get better Coach Lue
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Yeah praying for him if it’s a legit health thing and not lebronitits
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/06/01/cavaliers-coach-tyronn-lue-is-being-treated-for-anxiety/

Quote:
Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue is being treated for anxiety

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue is being treated for anxiety, saying before Game 1 of the NBA Finals that the pressure-packed playoffs bring him so much joy.

He also realizes there are so many people dealing with challenges in life, so his story may help others.

Lue took a leave of absence on March 19 for health reasons and when he returned April 5 acknowledged he experienced “piercing” chest pains during two games this season.

“A lot of people are going through a lot of different things,” Lue said Thursday at Oracle Arena. “Just being able to cope with it and understand that there’s a lot of different people that have reached out since yesterday, I guess, and told me they experienced some of the same things.”

The 41-year-old Lue said he has heard from many people offering support since his ESPN interview during which he revealed the anxiety, noting he didn’t intend to reveal so much.

“To be honest, I messed up,” Lue said. “I didn’t even really know I said it.

“The biggest thing is that I feel good and talking to my doctor one of my happy places is the playoffs. That’s a good thing. So I do feel great, though.”

Warriors coach Steve Kerr reached out to Lue to offer his best. Kerr missed time, including during last season’s championship run, because of debilitating complications from a pair of back surgeries after the 2015 title.

Kerr said he spoke by phone and traded text messages with Lue.

“I just tried to share some of my experience when I was out last year,” Kerr said. “The main message was you can’t allow what feels like the enormity of the job to interfere with your health and your recovery and whatever you need to do. I just told him the team will still be there when you get back. But sometimes I think in this job, because there is so much passion from the fan bases and because everybody wants to win so badly, it feels bigger than it really is. So just kind of a reminder that we’re playing a sport. Get better.”
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: