Hollywood Hoops: Should the L.A. Lakers Consider LiAngelo Ball in the NBA Draft, Free Agency?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Hollywood Hoops: Should the L.A. Lakers Consider LiAngelo Ball in the NBA Draft, Free Agency?

Hey all,

We talk a bit on the complexity that is LiAngelo - but briefly - then more on the Lakers in general

Latest @hollywood_hoops Ep. 77: Should the L.A. Lakers Consider LiAngelo Ball in the NBA Draft, Free Agency? w/@JoshMartinNBA - How close can they get to .500? Can the Clippers make the playoffs? https://www.almightyballer.com/hollywood-hoops-ep-77-should-the-l-a-lakers-consider-liangelo-ball-in-the-nba-draft-free-agency/

Cheers,

Eric
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Lakers don't need any more Balls...!
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

would love it if Lonzo himself put a stop to all this and simply state dthat his brothers need to show and prove their worth before anyone considers anything
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject:

I would treat him just like any prospect. Every year we work out dozens of kids heading to the draft. Then, it’s up to him to earn a pick, a SL team spot, a camp invite, a spot on G-League or nothing at all.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

Dude no
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
but they need more shooters and guess what the middle ball is? he's a solid shooter.

most shooters are not asked to play defense. only a select few guys in the nba are true 3 and D guys. most shooters are just that, shooters and literally nothing else. they dont play defense, they dont rebound well, they arent known passers. all they do is come in and chuck a few per and hopefully they can catch fire and hit the few they chuck before its time to sit them back down before someone on the other team notices that they can't play defense.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
I would treat him just like any prospect. Every year we work out dozens of kids heading to the draft. Then, it’s up to him to earn a pick, a SL team spot, a camp invite, a spot on G-League or nothing at all.
exactly. just ignoring him is silly. now if you have much better prospects obviously go with those to put into your camp. but if he can make the last spot for camp fodder. it wont hurt anyone for that to happen. because the only way he would make any nba roster is if he 1. got a chance to prove himself with actual court time which would be limited since we have a lot of young guys already that we're trying to groom and get floor time for in the spl as well as the preseason. its always rough for a good 2 to 3 guys to get burn when they get on a team as camp fodder. but once you get that time on the court. you better make due. and if by some luck he does make do and starts popping those 3's. are the lavar haters going to not want to take a closer look at a shooter? like we wanted matt back on the squad? or are we going to be so mad at his daddy that we wont take a flyer on the actual thing we can use?

dont be silly laker fans and get all up in your own feelings. we're trying to win. and if middle ball can help, come on down. if not. BYE
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
would love it if Lonzo himself put a stop to all this and simply state dthat his brothers need to show and prove their worth before anyone considers anything
lol. you guys are hilarious. do you know how much nepotism exists in life? GP part two is on the squad for a reason.

Guys are given assistant coaching gigs, scouting gigs, player dev gigs, etc. all the time. guys get tryouts for being relatives of insert known nba player(legend) or current.

so all of a sudden I'm supposed to expect one young player to sound like a coach just to make a fan happy? stop it

zo shouldnt say a word. he should push for his brother to get a tryout with the lakers. thats what a good brother would do. you get a TRY...out. not a spot on the team. a TRY....out. if you fail. you fail. end of story. big bro did his job. he got you in the door. if you cant stay in, thats on you. no need to come out and say anything to make fans happy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

“And so are the days of our lives”.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Dude... it’s his little brother man. Even if I believed my little brothers weren’t NBA caliber I would lie to anybody that would listen that they’ll be stars. It’s his blood... some things are bigger than ball.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
but they need more shooters and guess what the middle ball is? he's a solid shooter.

most shooters are not asked to play defense. only a select few guys in the nba are true 3 and D guys. most shooters are just that, shooters and literally nothing else. they dont play defense, they dont rebound well, they arent known passers. all they do is come in and chuck a few per and hopefully they can catch fire and hit the few they chuck before its time to sit them back down before someone on the other team notices that they can't play defense.

This hasn’t been true in a long time.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:

It’s this simple. And I think the Lakers know it.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:

Pretty much. Either you're BPA or you aren't. I'm not signing him for just camp fodder "just because". Probably no upside for the Lakers and plus, they'll have to let him go when he doesn't make the team. Why bother with the potential headaches.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

He should go to China and be a star in the CBA and grow BBB there.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

The Lakers dont need more shooters. Over the past few months they are #1 in the league in shooting.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:

Pretty much. Either you're BPA or you aren't. I'm not signing him for just camp fodder "just because". Probably no upside for the Lakers and plus, they'll have to let him go when he doesn't make the team. Why bother with the potential headaches.

Completely agree. IF the kid can get a camp invite elsewhere, good. I'd just look at the candidates we have pegged with potential, pass on this potential distraction.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
I would treat him just like any prospect.

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:

I would agree but he might’ve already blown that opportunity
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
PartyMan wrote:

I would agree but he might’ve already blown that opportunity

Why not? Play some ball, work at Sunglasses Hut, what could go wrong?
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) no
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Rather have Wear or matt thomas
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
lol. you guys are hilarious. do you know how much nepotism exists in life? GP part two is on the squad for a reason.

Guys are given assistant coaching gigs, scouting gigs, player dev gigs, etc. all the time. guys get tryouts for being relatives of insert known nba player(legend) or current.

so all of a sudden I'm supposed to expect one young player to sound like a coach just to make a fan happy? stop it

zo shouldnt say a word. he should push for his brother to get a tryout with the lakers. thats what a good brother would do. you get a TRY...out. not a spot on the team. a TRY....out. if you fail. you fail. end of story. big bro did his job. he got you in the door. if you cant stay in, thats on you. no need to come out and say anything to make fans happy.

while I personally would prefer another team look at him in SL or GLeague....I agree with most of this post.....the NBA is dripping with nepotism. Our own organization is full of nepotism....our Head Coach is a Walton and our G League coach is a Karl. It was no coincidence that Vander Blue was sent packing to make room for GPII, and subsequently his father takes advantage of every opportunity to talk up the Lakers, Magic and players on the roster. If I was Lonzo....blood is thicker than water...and I would do whatever I could to help my brother reach his goals....even if it cost a more deserving player an opportunity.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

Sign 'Gelo . . . to grease the skids for 'Melo.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:

Come on man, you want him in jail already
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Invite him to the summer league team and see how he does. If well, offer him a two way contract to see if he develops.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: