I'm proud of this team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
We're gonna re-tool and hopefully give Luke some great new tools to work with next season. I mean we already know what Luke's capable of when handed the right tools.

I wonder how much retooling they'll do now. It took more than half a season to build this chemistry. We have better floor balance now because we can play inside-out because of Randle AND Lopez plus we have at least some rim protection on defense.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

I agree, great growth season and the team and individual players have (dare I say it) tons of UPSIDE!
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

The only frustrating part is the injuries.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
We're gonna re-tool and hopefully give Luke some great new tools to work with next season. I mean we already know what Luke's capable of when handed the right tools.

I wonder how much retooling they'll do now. It took more than half a season to build this chemistry. We have better floor balance now because we can play inside-out because of Randle AND Lopez plus we have at least some rim protection on defense.

I don't have to say that "you know who" will come in and destroy every ounce of chemistry this team has built. I hope Magic isn't sipping the Kool-Aid.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

Me too, love the team..

Now all we need is a coach that understands the need to call a time out at the end of games (when a bucket is needed) to set up a play rather than having them loosely drive down and turn the ball over OR get a crappy shot...!
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject:

I like Luke. I trust Magic & Rob. Jeanie is still hot. I love our team and the direction we're going in.

We have all the tools we need to be good, & the flexibility this off-season to put us over the top.

Just need to point out, this all started with Jeanie. Plus she's hot.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
I like Luke. I trust Magic & Rob. Jeanie is still hot. I love our team and the direction we're going in.

We have all the tools we need to be good, & the flexibility this off-season to put us over the top.

Once plastic surgery can no longer outweigh the effects of aging, will you still love our team?
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:
Legacy wrote:

Once plastic surgery can no longer outweigh the effects of aging, will you still love our team?

Yes sir. That's why I put the two in separate sentences.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

I hope we could keep this core together for another year:

Lopez, Zubac
Randle, Kuzma
Ingram, Hart
KCP, IT
Ball, Caruso

Randle is our star centre indeed. Zubac is a decent back up
Lopez stretches the floor for Randle and provide height and size if needed. Kuzma would see heavy minutes at 4 off the bench
Ingram continues his all around present and improved clutch play. Hart to back up both SF and SG
KCP takes charge in transitions. IT to spark our bench
Ball to push up the tempo. Caruso plays similar role to Zubac

Randle, Kuzma, Ingram and IT are all capable 20+ Points scorers. Lopez, KCP and Hart are capable 15+ points scorers while Zubac, Ball and Caruso could score 10+ points. I like our multiple scorers offense system more than superstars dominated system.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject:

Dunno what happened last night but they certainly quit so dunno where this post is coming from.

Randle putting up numbers most of which are coming in losses.

If you take Memphis and Dallas out of the equation, they’d be on a long losing streak right now

Barring someone already having their mind made up to come to LA, I don’t know why anyone would join this team in free agency. Magic and rob better be master sellers.

Maybe next year they can win 35-38 games with the “young core” and a couple one year deals after they strike out on the big fish
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

This team has worked hard and made lots fo improvement.

Randle now is playing near all star level. at 23
BI looks like a solid start a mulitple positions at 20 years old Expect big jump next year
Kuzma: only 22 and a solid starter who overcome a mid season slump to reestablish himself
Ball: Showed promise but needs to get in the gym and off the dance floor
Hart: Looks like a player as a rookie
Zubac: Needs more time on the floor and a year with Randles trainer
Bryant: Never got to play but grew and worked hard. Needs to go with Zu to Randle's trainer.

Lopez and KCP played hard and did okay

Sign PG, bring back JR sign Lopez, IT to the equivalent of mid level exception contracts. Sign KCP to a mid level exception contract. We would have a heck of a team.

Our guys played hard and they got better as the season went along. We have great size and speed but need to get stronger.

I love this team and love the position we are in going into the off season. Kudos to front office.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

It's interesting how the 9 game improvement of last season's team is viewed so differently than the 7 game improvement (with 6 games left) of this year's team.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
Dunno what happened last night but they certainly quit so dunno where this post is coming from.

If you take Memphis and Dallas out of the equation, they’d be on a long losing streak right now

Barring someone already having their mind made up to come to LA, I don’t know why anyone would join this team in free agency. Magic and rob better be master sellers.

Maybe next year they can win 35-38 games with the “young core” and a couple one year deals after they strike out on the big fish

So...you don't think they get better at all? Because they've already won 33 games this season with exactly one guy (Lopez) in the rotation over 25 for most of the season. Next year's team will be better than this year's team, just as this year's team was always gonna be better than last year's.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:

We have basically played with none of our starters healthy for most of the season and are likely gonna win 35-37 games, next year should be 50 wins or bust, I’m confident we will get a superstar this summer which will take the team to the next level.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

Going into the season, my target win total was 30 wins. 35+ wins and I thought they overachieved, so they're right in that win range that I anticipated them being in. Realistically, we're maybe 1 or 2 wins more depending on whether or not Houston decides to rest their starters or not. But even if they stay at 33 wins, that's a HUGE success on the season.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

I’m proud of the development I’m seeing in our young players, at the same time I’m a long time Laker fan and I’ll never be ecstatic about 30 something wins and missing the playoffs.

We really gotta get back to Laker basketball. Showtime days, Shaq & Kobe days, Kobe & Pau days.. Gets a lil bit depressing thinking back to those times. Not too long ago we were the top dogs.. now it’s Golden State and when someone mentions us we’re simply “just the Lakers”. Just the Lakers? Are you kidding me? This has to change.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
I’m proud of the development I’m seeing in our young players, at the same time I’m a long time Laker fan and I’ll never be ecstatic about 30 something wins and missing the playoffs.

We really gotta get back to Laker basketball. Showtime days, Shaq & Kobe days, Kobe & Pau days.. Gets a lil bit depressing thinking back to those times. Not too long ago we were the top dogs.. now it’s Golden State and when someone mentions us we’re simply “just the Lakers”. Just the Lakers? Are you kidding me? This has to change.

That is why Magic is here so he can restore credibility, his and Robs reputation will be on the line this off season
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
It's interesting how the 9 game improvement of last season's team is viewed so differently than the 7 game improvement (with 6 games left) of this year's team.

Hype sells. I was happy last season with the improvement, this season as well. Rebuilding has never been pretty.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

It is a process- 16 game improvement in two years, moderate steady improvement. The key will be to find a way with a continually evolving roster, to take the leap to a .500 team next year.

But no doubt, good things in Laker Land.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:

Then I'm sure you must have the Playboy that she posed in, right?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject:

Man this team is sure sputtering to the finish line.

Good promising season but man did we run out of bodies at the end.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Man this team is sure sputtering to the finish line.

Good promising season but man did we run out of bodies at the end.

Luke Thibodeau? lol
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Almost all our games this game this season has been close and most of it was without a full roster, we are almost good but not yet.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject:

trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

I'm just looking forward to next year when G league guys are getting the same amount of minutes I am.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: