Keepers, Maybes, and Goners.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Keepers, Maybes, and Goners.

So now that the season has officially come to a close for us, now seems to be a gone time thread on who you guys THINK will be here next year, who MIGHT be here, and who will be gone and go elsewhere?

The categories are 100% Keeping, Likely Keeping, Maybe, Likely Gone, 100% Gone. Remember, it’s WHO YOU THINK, NOT WHO SHOULD....in your opinion.

Anyway, here’s mine.

100% Keeping
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma

Most Likely Keeping
Julius Randle
Loul Deng (because no one else will take him)
Thomas Bryant
25th Pick
47th Pick

Maybe
IT (I think he SHOULD be 100% gone but this organization likes to give players 2nd and 3rd chances)

Likely Gone
Brook Lopez
Ivica Zubac
Travis Wear
Channing Frye
Caruso

100% Gone
KCP
Tyler Ennis
Gary Payton II
Andre Ingram (good luck man )

Last edited by Megaton on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Keepers, Maybes, and Goners.

Megaton wrote:
So now that the season has officially come to a close for us, now seems to be a gone time thread on who you guys THINK will be here next year, who MIGHT be here, and who will be gone and go elsewhere?

The categories are 100% Keeping, Likely Keeping, Maybe, Likely Gone, 100% Gone. Remember, it’s WHO YOU THINK, NOT WHO SHOULD....in your opinion.

Anyway, here’s mine.

100% Keeping
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma

Most Likely Keeping
Julius Randle
Thomas Bryant
25th Pick
47th Pick

Maybe
IT (I think he SHOULD be 100% gone but this organization likes to give players 2nd and 3rd chances)

Likely Gone
Brook Lopez
Ivica Zubac
Travis Wear

100% Gone
KCP
Tyler Ennis
Gary Payton II

If we got a chance to get a big name FA (Kawhi?), I'd ONLY give up ONE player from that 100% Keeping list!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

nothing like 100% keeping.

i would trade anybody for the right deal and if that means making our team better
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

i would trade anybody for the right deal and if that means making our team better

Please read the OP as this post is not what the thread is about.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Please read the OP as this post is not what the thread is about.

this is what i was responding to:

Quote:
now seems to be a gone time thread on who you guys THINK will be here next year, who MIGHT be here, and who will be gone and go elsewhere?
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Keepers, Maybes, and Goners.

Megaton wrote:

Anyway, here’s mine.

100% Keeping
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma

Most Likely Keeping
Julius Randle
Thomas Bryant
25th Pick
47th Pick

Maybe

Likely Gone
Brook Lopez
Ivica Zubac
Travis Wear

100% Gone
KCP
Tyler Ennis
Gary Payton II

Caruso?
Frye?

--Anonymous
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

why is ingram 100% gone ?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

BI, Kuzma, Lonzo, Hart, Julius-- Keepers
Lopez, IT, KCP, Frye, Zubac, Bryant, Ingram-- Maybe
Caruso, Ennis, Payton, Wear, Deng-- Gone

But depending on what happens this summer, all that could change. Really comes down to LeBron.

Ideally:

Randle
LeBron/Kuzma/Frye
Ingram
George/Hart/Ingram
Lonzo

Add Vince Carter (vet min), Jarrett Jack (vet min), big body C, and shooters (which is why I am down to keep Ingram as a 3rd string guy.. the man can shoot.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Keepers, Maybes, and Goners.

Annihilator wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Anyway, here’s mine.

100% Keeping
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma

Most Likely Keeping
Julius Randle
Thomas Bryant
25th Pick
47th Pick

Maybe

Likely Gone
Brook Lopez
Ivica Zubac
Travis Wear

100% Gone
KCP
Tyler Ennis
Gary Payton II

Caruso?
Frye?

Forgot about them. Fixed it.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Isn't Caruso under contract?
And i think Zubac will be back because he's cheap
Also think there is a small chance kcp is back
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

100% Keeping
Lonzo Ball
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma
Josh Hart

Most Likely Keeping
Julius Randle
Thomas Bryant
47th Pick

Maybe
Brook Lopez
Ivica Zubac
Luol Deng
25th Pick

Likely Gone
Isaiah Thomas
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Channing Frye
Tyler Ennis
Travis Wear
Gary Payton II
Alex Caruso
Andre Ingram

100% Gone
N/A

The keeping column is pretty self-explanatory. All 4 guys are young, extremely productive and on cost-controlled contracts. No reason to trade them away when we have more than enough cap space to attract any pending free agent going forward.

Randle will be target #1 in free agency for the Lakers. Hopefully they come with a competitive enough offer and lock him up early because the only chance the Lakers don't retain Randle is if the Mavericks (or another team) tender him an offer sheet starting at $18 million a year or more. Lakers would have to think hard about matching that. Thomas Bryant's team option is cheap enough that it won't effect free agency. He's still young enough that it would be difficult to justify not retaining him and continue his development. The Lakers scouting department is so great that our chances of finding a player that can contribute at the 47th pick is far more valuable than what we would likely get in return trading it away.

Assuming LeBron James and Paul George don't both come in free agency then I think Lopez is the most likely of our veterans to be sought to return. His ability to space the floor and box out are what played a huge part in allowing Randle to have the breakthrough season that he did. His return would be likely but it will depend on his offers around the league but with both cap space and a starting position available the Lakers should be able to trump pretty much any opposing offer. Zubac is in a similar position to Bryant but is older and less versatile. If the Lakers are put in a position where they need to decide between the two, I would predict they cut Zubac. I strongly feel that Deng and the 25th pick's fates are linked. If we find a trade partner for Deng, I expect that the 25th pick will be shipped out with him along with other assets. 50/50 chance this partner exists though.

Thomas and Caldwell-Pope are both going to be looking to start and I believe they'll find those roles with teams offering longer term contracts than we'll be willing to extend to them. Frye is at the point in his career that he'll be looking to ring-chase. He'll sign with a more competitive team for the minimum. Ennis, Ware, Payton, Caruso, and Ingram will all likely be renounced as I don't feel any of them performed to a point that they warrant holding onto our cap space. However, I don't feel that any of them were so disappointing that I wouldn't look into bringing them back on minimum salaries or two-way contracts should we need to fill out the roster.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

100%- Kuzma, Ingram, Randle, Zo, Hart.... continue to grow together
Most likely back- zubac, t bryant, caruso(all cheap)
Maybe/Hopefully(unless wants more money elsewhere)- lopez(cheap)
Likely gone- everyone else
Magic will find a way!
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

As long as Lebron never wears a Laker jersey I dont really care.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Julius should 100% be back. Deng will be.

TB and Zublocka I think will be back. Caruso, depends on the draft, but I’d take him on the 2 way again as a 3rd Pg.

That puts you at 9 + 2 picks. I think the rest can go. No IT, Lopez eh idk maybe on a 1 year, but man I really got sick of watching a skilled 7 footer bricking 3s. KCP, Frye, Ennis, g leaguers gone. Wear and Ingram are probably worth a camp invite, 1 might stick.

Add PG13, after that I’m not sure who else I’d want us to go after. I’m intrigued by Noel’s upside, but he’d be a bad fit with Randle and ideally would only play next to Kuzma. Lower impact guys I’d look at would be bringing back Nwaba and Black (if they are fa’s), Tony Allen, and any wing who can shoot. Hell come to think of it, Frye might be ok too.

Now if we land 2 max guys or 1+ a trade, well that changes everything...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Randle deserves to be on the 100% keep list based on his performance this season.

It's just his contract that makes things iffy. He's a double double machine, who's improved defensively, and is still trending up.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Keepers: Lonzo, BI, Kuzma, Hart, and Bryant*. Basically, the young core.

I included Bryant because of how highly the FO seems to view him. Pelinka went a record a few months ago to make it clear that they consider Bryant as a potential long-term piece and current member of the young core. However, as we all know, the team will have to renounce him in order to create the cap space and pursue the two-max plan. There’s a scary possibility that another team could swoop in and steal him before they have the chance to re-sign him. For this reason, he could be listed as both a “keeper” and a “maybe.”

Maybes: Randle, Lopez, IT, KCP, the CLE pick + Denver’s second round pick, and basically all of the G-League guys. No one who was called up from the G-League or anyone on a two-way contract played well enough to be classified as a keeper, nor quite bad enough to be classified as a goner. Most of them will probably be on the SL squad. How well they play during SL and at the practice facility is what will ultimately determine whether they get a training camp invite or not.

Goners: The only three guys who classify as goners, I think, are Deng, Ennis and Zubac.

Deng is pretty self explanatory. He’ll either be traded or waived. One of the two.

It was obvious that they had no real interest in bringing Ennis back in the first place, but he was their last resort as a potential backup at point guard. If the Lakers hadn’t signed him he likely would’ve been in the G-League or overseas.

Zubac, despite a solid rookie year, bombed it in SL and mostly stunk it up in every area this year whenever he did get minutes. If he has any hopes of staying in the league, it’ll probably have to come through the G-League. If I was his agent I would encourage him to play in SL for any team that’s willing to sign him. It would be unusual since he’d be heading into his third season, but he needs to get his value up to create opportunities for potential G-League signings and training camp invites. And I doubt the Lakers will be that team. Bryant is their guy.

Neither Ennis or Zubac appear to be NBA players at this point. That’s why I’m not expecting either to be back.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject:

100% Keeping
Lonzo Ball
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma
Josh Hart

Most Likely Keeping
Luol Deng
Julius Randle
Ivica Zubac
Thomas Bryant
25th Pick
47th Pick
Alex Caruso

Maybe
Brook Lopez
Isaiah Thomas

Likely Gone
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Channing Frye
Tyler Ennis
Travis Wear
Gary Payton II
Andre Ingram
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Keepers, Maybes, and Goners.

Megaton wrote:

Anyway, here’s mine.

100% Keeping
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma

Most Likely Keeping
Julius Randle
Thomas Bryant
25th Pick
47th Pick

Maybe

Likely Gone
Brook Lopez
Ivica Zubac
Travis Wear
Channing Frye
Caruso

100% Gone
KCP
Tyler Ennis
Gary Payton II

I think Deng is most likely gone, since he needs to traded or at the very least waived and stretched to create enough salary space to fit in both Lebron and PG13.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject:

Keepers: Ball, Hart, Ingram, Kuzma

Likely to stay: Randle(depends on size of offers from other teams. Lopez(If the Lakers can only bring in 1 max, they should definitely bring back Lopez for a year. Zubac, Bryant,

Possibles: KCP(if they fail in free agency and bring back the same team), Caruso(2way), Wear (need shooting), Frye(if LBJ were to come, they need shooting and he'll be looking to ring chase)

Likely gone: Ennis, GPII, Deng(will do everything they can to trade him), IT(He's a bench guy on the Lakers, doubt he wants that), 25th pick will be shopped heavily with Deng along with other picks.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Keepers, Maybes, and Goners.

Megaton wrote:

Quote:

100% Keeping

Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma
Julius Randle (Giving front office benefit of the doubt, because I don't want to believe they'd be stupid enough not to re-sign him.)

Quote:

Most Likely Keeping

Ivica Zubac
Thomas Bryant

Quote:

Maybe

Brook Lopez
Alex Caruso

Loul Deng*
25th Pick*
47th Pick*
*The fates of these three are probably linked.

Quote:

Likely Gone

Andre Ingram (Camp invite, maybe. It's not like he didn't impress out there, and not just with his shooting. I say the feel-good story gets him an invitation, especially if he might play in South Bay anyway.)
Channing Frye
Thomas (I kind of think the Lakers interest in re-signing him is just lip service after a rough year for him. Too early to assess his comeback, although personally, I wasn't impressed even when he was healthy.)

Quote:

100% Gone

KCP (Hart + PG(?) = KCP won't have a chance to start.)
Tyler Ennis (At last. Couldn't understand people wanting him back this year instead of other backup options.)
Gary Payton II
Travis Wear
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:41 am    Post subject:

ToastedMuffins wrote:
Zubac is in a similar position to Bryant but is older

Does four months make a whole lot of difference?
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

Zubac, despite a solid rookie year, bombed it in SL and mostly stunk it up in every area this year whenever he did get minutes.

Among the best per-minute rebounders in the league. Still blocks a lot of shots, even if that has dipped from last season. Runs the floor hard. Draws fouls, knocks down the free throws. Catches, finishes strong. Is only 20. Damn.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject:

Must keep:
Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma
Hart
Randle

Nice to keep:
Bryant as 3td Center
Caruso as 3td PG
Andre Ingram 2 way contract

Others I do not care at all.

Do not want to see Brooke, KCP and IT back in any case.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

Keepes: 4 guys on their rookie contracts, plus I think Bryant might stay because the Laker's FA like him.

Likely keeper: Randle

Gone: Everyone else.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Keepers, Maybes, and Goners.

100% Keeping
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma

Most Likely Keeping
Thomas Bryant
Zubac
47th Pick

Maybe
IT
Randle

Likely Gone
Brook Lopez
Travis Wear
Channing Frye
Caruso

100% Gone
KCP
Deng
Tyler Ennis
Gary Payton II
Andre Ingram

Randle will be dependent on two factors - the ability to move Deng and whether or not LeBron comes. If we move Deng and sign LeBron, Randle is back. If we do not move Deng and sign LeBron & PG, Julius is gone. If we move Deng and do not sign LeBron, it depends on who else we go after. If we don't sign any big name FA, I think both Julius and IT come back (IT at the same number he's at now).

I'm confident that Maginka will find a way to move Deng and picks.

Lopez was a great guy but (surprisingly) not a great fit with Randle.

KCP was our best player at times - but rarely at key times.

As Kenny Smith said, I don't think our best player in 2018-19 is on our roster yet. I'm wondering if Kawhi is somehow in the plan.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: