Master P: I almost fought Kobe Bryant once.. Lamar Odom stopped it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

shakobe24 wrote:
On the latest Jim Rome podcast Kobe said he doesn't remember the incident at all and has no idea why Master P is talking about. Doesn't say P is lying but has no recollection about it probably because P forgot to bring the No Limit tank onto the court.

The rest of the podcast is pretty great too. I loved Jim talking about the achilles tear straight to the Paul Pierce wheel chair incident.

Just listened. The A.I. stuff was good, too.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Interesting that Percy took the time to reveal that he and Kobe almost fought, but wouldn't say WHY.

This is very cold tea, but word on the curb was Percy wanted to try out for the Lakers at the Health South back in the day and he wanted to do it during the Lakers practice (like actually participate in the some of the practices). This was like 04-05, something like that, and Percy had been working his way around the league for a minute trying to get on a team. It was a bucket list thing for him. Kobe wasn't having it. And when he found out that idea was floating around, he put a stop to it. He felt it was an unnecessary distraction. People accuse Kobe of being fake, but the real issue is that he's very direct and suffers from extreme candor, especially the young ocho Kobe. Percy, the owner and CEO of an at the time 9 figure valued record company didn't appreciate being told NO to his face. And fact is, Kobe had the juice to shut it down, and he did. They were not entertaining his hoop dreams at the Health South. So words were exchanged, voices got raised, and it almost came to blows before Lamar came through and played peacemaker. Percy ain't never forgot and is still in his feelings about it to this day.

And if you all remember when Lamar OD'd at the bunny ranch and was at death's door, Percy came out of nowhere took a shot at Kobe DIRECTLY claiming he was fake and that he didn't really care about Lamar and why didn't try to save him. Kobe took to his Twitter and actually responded to Percy (without saying his name). That was the older more mature 24 Kobe. The young ocho Kobe would've slayed and filleted his ass like he did the first time.

Percy's STILL mad after all these years.

So good! Great post, thank you!

I second that!!!! Thank you for the tea

Coach Wooden
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Interesting that Percy took the time to reveal that he and Kobe almost fought, but wouldn't say WHY.

This is very cold tea, but word on the curb was Percy wanted to try out for the Lakers at the Health South back in the day and he wanted to do it during the Lakers practice (like actually participate in the some of the practices). This was like 04-05, something like that, and Percy had been working his way around the league for a minute trying to get on a team. It was a bucket list thing for him. Kobe wasn't having it. And when he found out that idea was floating around, he put a stop to it. He felt it was an unnecessary distraction. People accuse Kobe of being fake, but the real issue is that he's very direct and suffers from extreme candor, especially the young ocho Kobe. Percy, the owner and CEO of an at the time 9 figure valued record company didn't appreciate being told NO to his face. And fact is, Kobe had the juice to shut it down, and he did. They were not entertaining his hoop dreams at the Health South. So words were exchanged, voices got raised, and it almost came to blows before Lamar came through and played peacemaker. Percy ain't never forgot and is still in his feelings about it to this day.

And if you all remember when Lamar OD'd at the bunny ranch and was at death's door, Percy came out of nowhere took a shot at Kobe DIRECTLY claiming he was fake and that he didn't really care about Lamar and why didn't try to save him. Kobe took to his Twitter and actually responded to Percy (without saying his name). That was the older more mature 24 Kobe. The young ocho Kobe would've slayed and filleted his ass like he did the first time.

Percy's STILL mad after all these years.

So good! Great post, thank you!

I second that!!!! Thank you for the tea

Wow. Who are you and where can we read more if your work? I was uninterest in the TMZ story until I read what you wrote. Makes a lot of sense now!
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

This is the same idiot who blamed Odom's near death experience on Kobe (saying Kobe could've got him on the Lakers because he "basically owns the team"). Hated the guy ever since.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
Was at a Lakers/Rockets game one night and Master P and Lil Romeo showed up. Think Kobe hung about 45 on em.

I always thought it was odd how early they left.

I remember the arena announcer calling them out and then kids started approaching them wanting autographs.

It's hard being famous.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Just like Master P I was going to beat the crap out of Kobe and I looked everywhere for him; my kitchen, my bathroom, my living room but he was nowhere to be found....lucky lucky lucky
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: