***OFFICIAL 2018 NBA PLAYOFFS GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 438, 439, 440 ... 638, 639, 640  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is unreal but he is playing a really young and imo not great Boston team.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Lebron is unreal but he is playing a really young and imo not great Boston team.

True but he is carrying a bunch of tin cans with him
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Painful watching you guys worship ledrama
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

If Love can play it's going to be tough for Cleveland to win.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Like Jordan back in the day, I'll never buy this guy's shoes and I'll never wear his jersey, but I respect this guy's talent.

Last edited by LandsbergerRules on Fri May 25, 2018 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Batguano wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
If Lebron was drafted to the right franchise like the Lakers he would of won more championships and GOAT discussion would be that much more intriguing.

I disagree.

Can you really argue that getting drafted by a franchise like the Lakers is THAT MUCH BETTER of a situation for winning championships than what LeBron is doing? Leaving teams 2 (soon to be 3) times to form Superteams in order to maximize his championship potential?

I think it's about equal.

He would of never had to leave LA. Superstars didn’t want to go to Cleveland.

What does that have to do with anything?

We're comparing which situation is more favorable to maximize a players winning championships.

Getting drafted by the Lakers and never leaving, having good teams built around during your young age and towards the tail-end of your prime, but also having to endure rebuilds that wasted years of your peak and the twilight of your career.

Or...

Getting drafted by a team like the Cavs and leaving to form a Superteam somewhere else, only to come back when the team that drafted you can also put a Superteam around you after years of tanking and gaining assets, and then getting to leave a third time to make sure your twilight years aren't wasted on rebuilding teams?

I would say they're about even.

West and Baylor also got drafted by the Lakers, and then Wilt later joined them. Baylor has 0 rings, West has 1 (and is like 1-8 in the Finals), Wilt has 1 with the Lakers.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Come on man. No one in history has ever done anything like he is doing now. He is literally playing with complete scrubs and carrying every game. LeGOAT.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Batguano wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
If Lebron was drafted to the right franchise like the Lakers he would of won more championships and GOAT discussion would be that much more intriguing.

I disagree.

Can you really argue that getting drafted by a franchise like the Lakers is THAT MUCH BETTER of a situation for winning championships than what LeBron is doing? Leaving teams 2 (soon to be 3) times to form Superteams in order to maximize his championship potential?

Lol ask guys like Lonzo and Ingram if they were hoping to go somewhere like Cleveland.

Didn't K. Love want to be a Laker forever but then ditched the idea once he got on a Superteam contender in Cleveland? Players are willing to go anywhere now a days which can offer them a competitive advantage. And that's what LeBron has done since he left Cleveland the first time.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Batguano wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:

I disagree.

We're comparing which situation is more favorable to maximize a players winning championships.

Getting drafted by the Lakers and never leaving, having good teams built around during your young age and towards the tail-end of your prime, but also having to endure rebuilds that wasted years of your peak and the twilight of your career.

Or...

Getting drafted by a team like the Cavs and leaving to form a Superteam somewhere else, only to come back when the team that drafted you can also put a Superteam around you after years of tanking and gaining assets, and then getting to leave a third time to make sure your twilight years aren't wasted on rebuilding teams?

West and Baylor also got drafted by the Lakers, and then Wilt later joined them. Baylor has 0 rings, West has 1 (and is like 1-8 in the Finals), Wilt has 1 with the Lakers.

Stars would of flocked to him if he was in LA.

Comparing a totally different free agent era doesn’t make sense. The league was entirely different back then.

I have faith in the Lakers organization that they would of put out a better product.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Hopefully Cavs role players play like butt on the road.
And Horford plays like an all star and not like a ************

You want the celtics to win so they can advance to the finals?
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
defense wrote:

Come on man. No one in history has ever done anything like he is doing now. He is literally playing with complete scrubs and carrying every game. LeGOAT.

He's also playing AGAINST scrubs in his conference, as he has throughout his entire career.

Come on, bro. Needing 7 games to beat the Oladipo-led Pacers (makes the Paul George/Hibbert Pacers of a couple of years prior look like Shaq/Kobe in comparison, makes the Reggie Miller Pacers look downright legendary in comparison)

The Toronto Craptors?

Boston Celtics without their two best all-stars. (Have you ever even seen a conference finalists in the history of the NBA without their two best players for the entire playoffs?)

LeBron is doing amazing things statistically, to the point where he has put himself in the GOAT conversation even with his putrid Finals record, but the context of the level of competition he has faced for the majority of his playoff career is important.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:

If Lebron were drafted onto a team that had Shaq, Phil, etc.. this would guy have had 5 rings by the time he was 30. And there would be no rebuild if Shaq were traded like the Lakers would went thru, because he would had stars lining up to play with him for one of the greatest franchises in all of sports.

Cavs record with Lebron 129-43
Cavs record without Lebron 4-18

His impact is undeniable.

If he were drafted onto a team like the Lakers instead of (bleep) like Cleveland there is no doubt in my mind he would have more than 3 rings by now.

Last edited by george w kush on Fri May 25, 2018 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Batguano wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Batguano wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:

I disagree.

Or...

Comparing a totally different free agent era doesn’t make sense. The league was entirely different back then.

I have faith in the Lakers organization that they would of put out a better product.

He also would be playing in the West. You know, the same conference he has a 3-5 (soon to be potentially 3-6) finals record against. So this idea that he would automatically win more championships is a false narrative. When it's not even guaranteed he would be making it to the Finals as much in a superior conference (that he has a losing record against in the playoffs).
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Batguano wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Batguano wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:

I disagree.

Or...

He also would be playing in the West. You know, the same conference he has a 3-5 (soon to be potentially 3-6) finals record against. So this idea that he would automatically win more championships is a false narrative. When it's not even guaranteed he would be making it to the Finals as much in a superior conference (that he has a losing record against in the playoffs).

I simply trust the franchise more than you do. I definitely trust them more than Cleveland’s.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
He is the GOAT. No doubt.

i wouldn't go that far, but he's in the convo for top 5

Name me a player ranked higher than him that has done what he is doing now with such a weak supporting cast.

None.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

The conference finals, both East and West have been absolutely awful to watch. Aside from some decent spurts of good old fashioned playoff defense, I've seen nothing but bad plays, bad decisions and bad attitudes.

It's gotten so bad that I am actually pulling for the Celtics to win because they are the only team that seems to be playing correctly with team defense and none of that BS offensive ISO stuff.

The Warriors offense = ISO ( Curry is such a smug little (bleep))
The Rockets offense = ISO (Harden is a playoff choker and Paul is cursed)
The Cavs Offense = ISO (Bron bruh Bron Bron Bron)

There is nothing more boring than watching one guy with the ball the entire possession.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

chrisca91 wrote:
epak wrote:

Sure. Would love for them to get killed by the warriors.
And would love to see LeBron not make the finals and see what decision he makes this summer.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Batguano wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Batguano wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:

I disagree.

Or...

If he were playing on those early Laker teams of the early 2000s, somehow he is NOT supposed to win 3 or more rings? The guy just tied Jordan for the most 40+ point games in the playoffs playing with a (bleep) roster at the age of 33. And his finals record is irrelevant because INDIVIDUALLY he plays just as good against teams in the West as he does in the East. The only reason he loses is because his team is outmatched, not because he stinks it up in the finals.

The guy averaged a 33/10/10 in last years finals and 30//11/9 in the year before that, but yeah lets blame him for the losses, and lets ignore the fact that the Warriors clearly had the better roster last season.

Last edited by george w kush on Fri May 25, 2018 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
epak wrote:

Sure. Would love for them to get killed by the warriors.
And would love to see LeBron not make the finals and see what decision he makes this summer.

Ahh I see what you did there. Lakers and Lebron. A man can dream.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

The worst you could say about LeBron was that he choked under pressure.

But now as we can see... he is 13-9 in Game 7 elimination games.

Better than Jordan's record.

He used to be a liability during crunch time like Harden is right now... but he's grown out of that phase.

He's still a phony, arrogant dick... but I have to say he's a great basketball player. And if he keeps winning you have to consider him for GOAT whether you like him or not.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Seriously, people are still trying to discount Lebron? Get over the hate, it's just dumb at this point.

And also, the Celtics lost, which means there is still good in the universe.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Batguano wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Batguano wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Batguano wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:

I disagree.

Or...

If he were playing on those early Laker teams of the early 2000s, somehow he is NOT supposed to win 3 or more rings? The guy just tied Jordan for the most 40+ point games in the playoffs playing with a (bleep) roster at the age of 33. And his finals record is irrelevant because INDIVIDUALLY he plays just as good against teams in the West as he does in the East. The only reason he loses is because his team is outmatched, not because he stinks it up in the finals.

The guy averaged a 33/10/10 in last years finals and 30//11/9 in the year before that, but yeah lets blame him for the losses, and lets ignore the fact that the Warriors clearly had the better roster last season.

You just answered your own question.

Nobody is saying he struggles or would struggle individually against the West. Just that he would be facing more rounds of those same good teams in the West that outmatch his (and they have outmatched him even when he himself has had Superteams) What's so difficult to understand?

Last edited by Batguano on Fri May 25, 2018 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Name me a player ranked higher than him that has done what he is doing now with such a weak supporting cast.

None.

Bad argument. He is playing a starless team. Beat a starless team in 1st round raptors were only solid series
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

None.

Bad argument. He is playing a starless team. Beat a starless team in 1st round raptors were only solid series

Exactly.

He's faced AT MOST maybe ONE future HOF (DeRozan, and he's not even a lock) this entire conference run.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

None.

He's good but come on man. He's been almost elimintated twice now in the East
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 438, 439, 440 ... 638, 639, 640  Next
Page 439 of 640
Jump to: