***OFFICIAL 2018 NBA PLAYOFFS GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 365, 366, 367 ... 638, 639, 640  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
epak wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Tatum & Brown are untouchable for the Celtics. Celtics are going to probably try to get Smart and other players signed to mid salary deals in the 7-10 mill range like Morris, and look to trade that and maybe Horford and/or Hayward if they don't win a title along with draft picks for Anthony Davis. The Celtics didn't have the mid salaries on this year's team outside of Morris to really trade for Davis, as currently the ones that are making big money is Kyrie, Horford, & Hayward, and everyone else on the team are on their rookie deals.

AD made the 2nd round this year.
So the Pels are going to trade him for the fun of it?

Depending on what the Pels do this offseason and with teams around the West continue to get stronger, the 2nd round might be the Pels ceiling, which I don't see AD wanting to stay around for, as he also has a player option for 2020-21 that he will decline. The Pels realistically really have him for 2 more years, and during the 2019 offseason would be heading into the last year of his contract is when the trade rumors will get stronger as usually the team will have some type of vibe if the star player wants to stay or when the star player lets the team know he isn't going to resign, same as what Paul George did and other star players have done in the past and will continue to do. The Pels would have to risk AD hitting the open market, which in 2020 is when all those bad contracts are off the books, which means the great salary cap increase will restart like it did in 2016 I believe, so everyone, including the Celtics, Warriors, and the rest of the league will feel confident in getting him.

Is the super max also in play?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

I don't watch post game questions, but I caught a few and man, I understand why Pop is Pop. These are like the dumbest questions. Most people just come up with answers to appease these NBA obligations, but not Pop. LOL!
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
epak wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Tatum & Brown are untouchable for the Celtics. Celtics are going to probably try to get Smart and other players signed to mid salary deals in the 7-10 mill range like Morris, and look to trade that and maybe Horford and/or Hayward if they don't win a title along with draft picks for Anthony Davis. The Celtics didn't have the mid salaries on this year's team outside of Morris to really trade for Davis, as currently the ones that are making big money is Kyrie, Horford, & Hayward, and everyone else on the team are on their rookie deals.

AD made the 2nd round this year.
So the Pels are going to trade him for the fun of it?

Depending on what the Pels do this offseason and with teams around the West continue to get stronger, the 2nd round might be the Pels ceiling, which I don't see AD wanting to stay around for, as he also has a player option for 2020-21 that he will decline. The Pels realistically really have him for 2 more years, and during the 2019 offseason would be heading into the last year of his contract is when the trade rumors will get stronger as usually the team will have some type of vibe if the star player wants to stay or when the star player lets the team know he isn't going to resign, same as what Paul George did and other star players have done in the past and will continue to do. The Pels would have to risk AD hitting the open market, which in 2020 is when all those bad contracts are off the books, which means the great salary cap increase will restart like it did in 2016 I believe, so everyone, including the Celtics, Warriors, and the rest of the league will feel confident in getting him.

Is the super max also in play?

I believe its only if you are with your original team or after a certain amount of years in the league you only get the super max. So far, the super max have done more harm than good, as the Thunder, Wizards, & Pistons are all in bad positions and hard for them to contend due to them paying Westbrook, Wall, & Griffin those super max contracts. Unless you are Curry, LeBron, Durant, AD, and a select few that are probably the only ones imo worth a super max and will live up to that contract and with smart front offices that is still able to contend with those contracts on the books.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
I would trade Hayward before I trade Brown.

Maybe. But the thing is, they don't need to trade anyone.

You might have to if you are going to pay Brown the max and re-sign Irving/Horford.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
He might not pass on LBJ, but it will be a mistake. Watch.

I know, I hope he doesn’t cave into the pressure of bringing him in here. The smart move is passing on James. This summer will show his potential ability to lead us to the promise land as a true guru or if he’s in over his head in that position and is just there to sell tickets and garner media adoration.

Dude, really? Get over yourself. Claiming a GM is making a mistake, when you don't like a player, is the definition of having a agenda. But carry on player.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Well, I guess we found something even worse than watching Lebron making another NBA Finals....watching the Celtics potentially do it while we are still out of the playoffs.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Irving and Hayward definitely make the Celtics better. Can’t belive people are saying they’re better off without those two.

denial.

Yeah adding two All-Star talents are going to make the Celtics worse

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Well, I guess we found something even worse than watching Lebron making another NBA Finals....watching the Celtics potentially do it while we are still out of the playoffs.

I don't really care to be honest with you. They are not winning, and I love what we are building this summer or next.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

The Cavs shot 12/16 on passes by LeBron, he shot 55% from the field, and yet, it's LeBron's fault they lost.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

I had to walk out of the room and go do something. What were KLove and LeBron laughing at in the post-game presser?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm guessing Clarkson is no longer one of Lebron's favorite players on the Cavs....
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

I know, I hope he doesn’t cave into the pressure of bringing him in here. The smart move is passing on James. This summer will show his potential ability to lead us to the promise land as a true guru or if he’s in over his head in that position and is just there to sell tickets and garner media adoration.

Dude, really? Get over yourself. Claiming a GM is making a mistake, when you don't like a player, is the definition of having a agenda. But carry on player.

What’s wrong with having an agenda? This is sports, I’m allowed to have agendas, opinion, cheer for who I like and don’t want a player here who I don’t like. I belive honestly signing lebron would be a mistake.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

What’s wrong with having an agenda? This is sports, I’m allowed to have agendas, opinion, cheer for who I like and don’t want a player here who I don’t like. I belive honestly signing lebron would be a mistake.

What's wrong with having an agenda? It clouds your judgement. You want a lesser player because you don't like a better player? That's dumb to me. So, in your world, if you didn't like Duke players, you would pass on Tatum and Ingram, so you can draft lesser players because they went to Duke. How does that make any sense?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
I had to walk out of the room and go do something. What were KLove and LeBron laughing at in the post-game presser?

Stats were great
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Yeah there is no chance any team is taking out the Warriors this year. Far too good
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

What's wrong with having an agenda? It clouds your judgement. You want a lesser player because you don't like a better player? That's dumb to me. So, in your world, if you didn't like Duke players, you would pass on Tatum and Ingram, so you can draft lesser players because they went to Duke. How does that make any sense?

At this point in their careers I don’t belive Kawhi is a lesser player than lebron. I feel like he would be a much more seamless fit, help Us more on both ends and play our style of ball.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If LeBron leads this ditwit Low IQ team to the finals how can anyone ever question his GOAT status?

I still will not consider him GOAT especially if he goes down 4-1 in the finals.

Kareem

Probably the only dude who can make a claim to it but that top spot belongs to Black Jesus. Cap got a couple rings and he wasn’t even the number one option and got an MVP on a sub .500 squad that didn’t make the playoffs.

People forget how dominant he was though. During his most dominant era, the 70’s, he delivered one ring to the Bucks.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:

At this point in their careers I don’t belive Kawhi is a lesser player than lebron. I feel like he would be a much more seamless fit, help Us more on both ends and play our style of ball.

At this point in their careers Kawhi is a guy who played 9 games this season, while Lebron played all 82 and just dropped 42/10/12 playing 1 on 5 in the ECF. As much as we're taking a risk on how Lebron ages, we're making assumptions that a) Kawhi is right in the head and b) he doesn't have a serious lingering injury. We're just assuming he's dogging it to, umm, get traded AWAY from a contender playing for one of the best coaches in NBA history.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

ESPN: Magic tells LeBron to take his talents somewhere else.

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
ESPN: Magic tells LeBron to take his talents somewhere else.

I know you're most likely joking, but Magic was on ESPN in 2011 asking if Lebron can stop Jason Terry when the Heat faced the Mavs? People laugh at Magic all the time on this board, but guess who was right? It's worth the Google. 😂😂😂
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:

At this point in their careers Kawhi is a guy who played 9 games this season, while Lebron played all 82 and just dropped 42/10/12 playing 1 on 5 in the ECF. As much as we're taking a risk on how Lebron ages, we're making assumptions that a) Kawhi is right in the head and b) he doesn't have a serious lingering injury. We're just assuming he's dogging it to, umm, get traded AWAY from a contender playing for one of the best coaches in NBA history.

I almost feel like I'm in Westworld talking to the androids who have blind spots programmed into their minds that doesn't allow them to see certain things.

How can so many people not see this?

It's absolutely mindboggling how it just doesn't register in half the people who post here.

The man could be totally fine... in which case he cheated his coach, team and fans out of competing in the playoffs. Or the man was seriously hurt... in which case we need to keep that in mind before giving up assets.

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

2 shots changed lebron's legacy
Ray Allen 3 in game 6 to tie it for the heat
Kyrie's mamba mentality 3 in game 7
We'd be talking about the greatest loser in the history if not for those two shots.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Is Kyrie rooting for the Celtics to win the title this year? Or somewhere deep inside, he’s rooting for the team to lose?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Is Kyrie rooting for the Celtics to win the title this year? Or somewhere deep inside, he’s rooting for the team to lose?

Guess we'll find out if the Celtics win and he walks off this flat earth...
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
2 shots changed lebron's legacy
Ray Allen 3 in game 6 to tie it for the heat
Kyrie's mamba mentality 3 in game 7
We'd be talking about the greatest loser in the history if not for those two shots.

Tell that to Cavs fans. They're acting like Jordan played against rec league players.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 365, 366, 367 ... 638, 639, 640  Next
Page 366 of 640
Jump to: