***OFFICIAL 2018 NBA PLAYOFFS GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 383, 384, 385 ... 638, 639, 640  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Looks like both #1 seeds in the east and west will fall short of their goals.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Chances of the Rockets winning another game this series? Warriors smell blood, looks like they are determined to make this a short series.

I think Game 5 in Houston is a possibility, and then lose in game 6 in Oakland.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

eureca wrote:
How is Harden that bad on defense? He is strong and mobile. He should not be that bad.

Because he has to create everything in the half court. He get no easy baskets. He creates for himself or he doesn't score.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

lakersken80 wrote:
Chances of the Rockets winning another game this series? Warriors smell blood, looks like they are determined to make this a short series.

Curry finally woke up, this series is over.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Depends on if the Rockets hit their 3s or not. They’re capable of catching fire, but their margin of error is way thinner than the Warriors’ who have a guy in KD who can get them buckets when they need them at any time and of course their D.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Curry is the key and the true leader of the GSW. Durant is a great player but he has very limited leadership skills and Draymond is bipolar.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject:

It's hard to beat the Warriors when they have the best and third best player in the league, along with the best shooting guard and the best defender left in the playoffs.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Another example of how an elite team defense is powerless against shooters and scorers.

We need shooters folks... you can put the positionless lineup in and they won't do sh*t against GSW's shooters.

Wait Houston is an elite defense?

fourth ranked this year. Not as good as GSW... but good enough.

Houston's problem is they are trying to out score the best offense in the league

They have no shot with that strategy
G
Then again GS is just better at every position except center

I like the basic idea of the positionless player philosophy... and I respect those on this board who are advocating for it.

But watching all these games... whether it's Boston or Houston... these long athletic perimeter players simply cannot stop a LeBron, a KD, a Steph.

It's good fundamental philosophy... but it will always be overcome by great offensive players.

Basketball isn't all that complicated. GS is just the better team. No one will beat them until injuries or they lose one of those 4 or they beat themselves

I agree... but no matter how good our defense is, we will never beat GSW with regularity until we get at least four players who have a 60% plus TS.

Stop it. You need guys who create their own shot, or guys who can punish them when they switch.

Compose a defensive lineup that fits the positionless narrative that can defeat GSW.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

That Cavs/Celtics series is tough to call for me. Lebron looks great, but we never know if anybody else on the Cavs will show up. Cavs still have to win in Boston and I don't have any faith in Lebron's teammates showing up on the road.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject:

lmao 41 point dub
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Another example of how an elite team defense is powerless against shooters and scorers.

We need shooters folks... you can put the positionless lineup in and they won't do sh*t against GSW's shooters.

Wait Houston is an elite defense?

fourth ranked this year. Not as good as GSW... but good enough.

Houston's problem is they are trying to out score the best offense in the league

They have no shot with that strategy
G
Then again GS is just better at every position except center

I like the basic idea of the positionless player philosophy... and I respect those on this board who are advocating for it.

But watching all these games... whether it's Boston or Houston... these long athletic perimeter players simply cannot stop a LeBron, a KD, a Steph.

It's good fundamental philosophy... but it will always be overcome by great offensive players.

Basketball isn't all that complicated. GS is just the better team. No one will beat them until injuries or they lose one of those 4 or they beat themselves

I agree... but no matter how good our defense is, we will never beat GSW with regularity until we get at least four players who have a 60% plus TS.

Stop it. You need guys who create their own shot, or guys who can punish them when they switch.

Compose a defensive lineup that fits the positionless narrative that can defeat GSW.

You went from saying you need 4 guy who can shoot 60% TS, to now saying compose a postionless lineup that beat them. Which is it? Their defense is fine. They don't have enough guys who can create their own shot. Why do you think they are searching out Curry? Why not just give the ball to Ariza? You think that Curry would be on Ingram if he was Houston's starting sf?
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
It's hard to beat the Warriors when they have the best and third best player in the league, along with the best shooting guard and the best defender left in the playoffs.

I’d say 2nd and 4th. Lebron is still the best in the league and I think most would still agree.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:

You went from saying you need 4 guy who can shoot 60% TS, to now saying compose a postionless lineup that beat them. Which is it? Their defense is fine. They don't have enough guys who can create their own shot. Why do you think they are searching out Curry? Why not just give the ball to Ariza? You think that Curry would be on Ingram if he was Houston's starting sf?

My original post said we need shooters AND scorers (that means people who can create their own shot)

I keep seeing all these posts about a pure positionless lineup... and it sounds good in theory... but then I just watched two teams with long athletic perimeter players rendered useless against players like LBJ/KD/Steph.

GSW had a lineup at one point with Swaggy and Curry dominating... not exactly poster children for defense.

I'm just not convinced we can compete until we add more pure scorers whether it's shot creators or spot up 3 pt snipers.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
diando wrote:

I’d say 2nd and 4th. Lebron is still the best in the league and I think most would still agree.

Who would be third, and also Lebron wasn't playing it in last years finals especially in the 4th quarter.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

KD is in the top 5 but he only looks like the number 1 because he plays for GS. Single cover Lebron or any superstar and he’s going to look even better. The opposing teams can give any space for Llay and Curry, it’s ridiculous.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

My original post said we need shooters AND scorers (that means people who can create their own shot)

I keep seeing all these posts about a pure positionless lineup... and it sounds good in theory... but then I just watched two teams with long athletic perimeter players rendered useless against players like LBJ/KD/Steph.

GSW had a lineup at one point with Swaggy and Curry dominating... not exactly poster children for defense.

I'm just not convinced we can compete until we add more pure scorers whether it's shot creators or spot up 3 pt snipers.

Houston has snipes, they're down 2-1. Philly had snipers in Reddick, Belineli and Sova, and they lost in the second round. You need guys who can do both. Tatum can catch and shoot, he can also create. Brown is shooting 40%, he also can put the ball on the floor. Korver is a sniper, he's a liability on defense.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

Houston has snipes, they're down 2-1. Philly had snipers in Reddick, Belineli and Sova, and they lost in the second round. You need guys who can do both. Tatum can catch and shoot, he can also create. Brown is shooting 40%, he also can put the ball on the floor. Korver is a sniper, he's a liability on defense.

I'm gonna assume then you don't have a lineup... because you still haven't posted one that you think can challenge the Warriors.

It's all good to complain about players defensive deficiencies... but if you can't actually form one that fits under the cap and can defeat GSW... then it's not really the answer to what we are trying to accomplish.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
diando wrote:

I would respectfully disagree, KD plays defense, LeBron doesn't anymore.
Also only KD and LeBron are better than Steph.

Better Offensive Player?: Kevin Durant
Better Defensive Player?: Kevin Durant
Fits in any system?: Kevin Durant
Is the system? (I see this as a con btw): LeBron James

The reason why being the system is a con is that you would usually diminish the talents of your other teammates if they are not compatible with you. What made LeBron great in Miami is that both him and Wade were elite perimeter defenders and probably had the best trapping defense in the NBA. From that, they would get out into transition.
If I had a team with stars or developing talent, I wouldn't want this no defense LeBron now, because he renders your coach ineffective due to the fact that his presence changes too much offensively. Contrary to popular belief, LeBron would not be a good fit with the Spurs and Pop's system.
Also, for this same reason I could never rank LeBron over Kobe All-Time, LeBron has only played elite defense for 3 out of his 15 NBA seasons(['10-'11]-['12-'13]), while Kobe did that for 10 out of his 20(['99-'00]-['09-10]). Too many people quickly forget about the other side of the ball when it comes to ranking players. Kobe defended 3 positions better than LeBron did with 5.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

That Cavs/Celtics series is tough to call for me. Lebron looks great, but we never know if anybody else on the Cavs will show up. Cavs still have to win in Boston and I don't have any faith in Lebron's teammates showing up on the road.

#1 seed in the east was the Toronto Raptors and they got swept in the eastern conference semi-finals.
#1 seed in the west is the Houston Rockets and looks like playoff mode Warriors will dispatch them rather easily in the conference finals.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:54 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
diando wrote:

Agreed.

1. Lebron
2. KD
3. AD
4. Steph
5. KL/Giannis?

Lebron and KD have been the undisputed number 1 and 2 for years now. They even admitted it in that one commercial for Uber.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject:

LOL @ Rockets
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

So you have always needed shooters and scorers to win championships in the NBA. And positionless or not, you generally can’t beat dynastic championship teams at their peak. It’s as pointless as constructing a team to beat the Jordan Bulls without Jordan on your roster or the Showtime Lakers without Magic or beating Shaq and Kobe without equivalent players. It just isn’t going to happen.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:58 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
diando wrote:

Agreed.

1. Lebron
2. KD
3. AD
4. Steph
5. KL/Giannis?

Lebron and KD have been the undisputed number 1 and 2 for years now. They even admitted it in that one commercial for Uber.

Yup, it's been Lebron then KD for a long time now.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

I'm gonna assume then you don't have a lineup... because you still haven't posted one that you think can challenge the Warriors.

It's all good to complain about players defensive deficiencies... but if you can't actually form one that fits under the cap and can defeat GSW... then it's not really the answer to what we are trying to accomplish.

Irving
Brown
Tatum
Hayward
Horford

5 guys who can all pass, dribble and shoot, and play defense.

Now, I will give you 4 guys who have 60%TS, since you said that's what you need to beat the Warriors.

Harden
Reddick
Korver
Randle
Capela

Which lineup do you think matches up better with the Warriors.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

Irving
Brown
Tatum
Hayward
Horford

5 guys who can all pass, dribble and shoot, and play defense.

Now, I will give you 4 guys who have 60%TS, since you said that's what you need to beat the Warriors.

Harden
Reddick
Korver
Randle
Capela

Which lineup do you think matches up better with the Warriors.

Boston, just because of Kyrie

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 383, 384, 385 ... 638, 639, 640  Next
Page 384 of 640
Jump to: