***OFFICIAL 2018 NBA PLAYOFFS GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 428, 429, 430 ... 638, 639, 640  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Cp3 getting treatment now.
Poor Houston.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
Megaton wrote:
The Grind wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
LOL at Laker fans that are scared of the Warriors. Just let the pups grow till the Warriors get old

If anything the Warriors are proving any fear you might have felt towards them was only an illusion.

And how flawed they really are.

Even if they win this series and win the title this year, other teams will smell blood now. We know how beatable they really are.

Draymond used to be the most important player during this reign, now he’s becoming the biggest liability. Thompson while wouldn’t be ideal as a 1st option on a title contending team, would still be a very realiable scorer that made any open 3 look like a layup. Now he’s a ghost from time to time. Curry was always a weak defender (especially when Kyrie made him his (bleep) in 2016), but now it seems like every player’s eyes light up when going against him. Curry still great, but he’s getting slower.

Durant is weird. I feel like this is an outliner for him but he’s struggling when he shouldn’t be.

Either way, this Warriors team is now older, slower, and more fatigued then before.

I don't want to hate on KD, because I think he's a next level type of talent. But when his team looks to him to make plays, he doesn't seem to be the type to answer the bell. Sure last year he looked great in the finals, but Steph was also clicking, Klay was clicking, Dray played a great all around series etc. But when the parts around him aren't up to par, he's not one to carry the load by himself ala Kobe or even LBJ. So I could never put him on that level.

I loved that bit where Kerr is screaming at Durant to move the ball and Durant just stands there looking at Harden.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Y’all are hating on the Warriors and Draymond... anybody wanna mention the refs handing the game to the Rockets? Those calls were pitiful.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Megaton wrote:
The Grind wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
LOL at Laker fans that are scared of the Warriors. Just let the pups grow till the Warriors get old

If anything the Warriors are proving any fear you might have felt towards them was only an illusion.

And how flawed they really are.

Even if they win this series and win the title this year, other teams will smell blood now. We know how beatable they really are.

Draymond used to be the most important player during this reign, now he’s becoming the biggest liability. Thompson while wouldn’t be ideal as a 1st option on a title contending team, would still be a very realiable scorer that made any open 3 look like a layup. Now he’s a ghost from time to time. Curry was always a weak defender (especially when Kyrie made him his (bleep) in 2016), but now it seems like every player’s eyes light up when going against him. Curry still great, but he’s getting slower.

Durant is weird. I feel like this is an outliner for him but he’s struggling when he shouldn’t be.

Either way, this Warriors team is now older, slower, and more fatigued then before.

I don't want to hate on KD, because I think he's a next level type of talent. But when his team looks to him to make plays, he doesn't seem to be the type to answer the bell. Sure last year he looked great in the finals, but Steph was also clicking, Klay was clicking, Dray played a great all around series etc. But when the parts around him aren't up to par, he's not one to carry the load by himself ala Kobe or even LBJ. So I could never put him on that level.

I loved that bit where Kerr is screaming at Durant to move the ball and Durant just stands there looking at Harden.

He was trying to teach him to be like Mike.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Y’all are hating on the Warriors and Draymond... anybody wanna mention the refs handing the game to the Rockets? Those calls were pitiful.

Whatever you do, don't say you'd take Draymond on the Lakers. Crazy rabbit hole.

Re: refs. I feel like GS plays better in a tightly called game. If refs hold their whistles for both sides, they have a tougher time.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
32 wrote:
Boston hasn't lost at home in the playoffs yet. they are almost guaranteed to make it to the finals.

To get beat down by GS?

GS need to beat Rockets first
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

NBA at its current state doesn’t seem like they will ever address these refs getting worse every year. This year has been the worst officiating since 2008.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
epak wrote:
32 wrote:
Boston hasn't lost at home in the playoffs yet. they are almost guaranteed to make it to the finals.

To get beat down by GS?

GS need to beat Rockets first

Thinking the cp3 injury is legit. Think they go game 7 even with cp3.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Refs definitely favored the Rockets but the Ws straight up choked.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Man I really hope CP3 is OK... He CARRIED tonight. Winning a championship would so mean so much to him and to the city.

How are these damn warriors so fortunate?!??!?!!?!?!?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Come to think of it, the Rockets winning the championship would be palatable, provided CP3 won Finals MVP.

It's just Harden I hate on that roster.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Disappointment
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Whistle blew for both teams, I didn't see any ref love.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Anyone here started disliking Rockets 'cos Dreamshake's passive aggressive posts over the years?
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Where are all the people that were saying this Warriors team is better than the 90s Bulls and early 2000 Lakers? They haven't even won a back to back championship and these people were crowning them the best nba team ever. What a joke.
(I don't mean the people on this forum. I have been listening to a lot of talk radio lately and that is where I have been hearing this).
((EVERYONE IS HAVING A NICE TIME TALKING ABOUT BASKETBALL. NO NEED TO CALL PEOPLE OUT, RIGHT? - JMK))
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I hope CP3 could make game 6. Would be a major letdown if he couldn't. You'd hate to see the defending world champ on the brink of elimination and something like this happened. Kudos to MDA and the Rockets for doing a great job so far.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Anyone here started disliking Rockets 'cos Dreamshake's passive aggressive posts over the years?

That guy def didnt make it better

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Rockets fans are finding out what it was like to be a Clippers fan the last 5 years.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Out of the 4 teams that are left I am not a huge fan of CP3 but I am still would like the Rockets to win it all. It would be scary for the Celtics to face a Rockets team with a hobbled CP3 though. Makes me want to root for the Warriors.

Celtics are killer at home. They would just need 1 no show James Harden game at home to have a chance. It is pretty crazy that the Celtics are even this good without Kyrie and Hayward. Even if CP3 comes back from this injury in the finals he probably just re injures himself again.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Rockets fans are finding out what it was like to be a Clippers fan the last 5 years.

And a 33 year old CP3 will be asking for a 5 year max contract this summer. That has to be scary. I don't think they can even renounce him and have enough cap space for a max free agent like Lebron or George. Even 4 years is scary. I don't see him being that good for much longer, but if you don't sign him you take a big step back next season.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Where are all the people that were saying this Warriors team is better than the 90s Bulls and early 2000 Lakers? They haven't even won a back to back championship and these people were crowning them the best nba team ever. What a joke.
(I don't mean the people on this forum. I have been listening to a lot of talk radio lately and that is where I have been hearing this).

Those 3-peats were hard....A lot of talk by teams that haven't done it.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
Man I really hope CP3 is OK... He CARRIED tonight. Winning a championship would so mean so much to him and to the city.

I don't really feel sorry for Houston anymore....signed, a Dodgers fan....
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:

I don't really feel sorry for Houston anymore....signed, a Dodgers fan....

Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Marc J. Spears
@MarcJSpearsESPN
29m

Just saw injured Rockets guard Chris Paul jump into a Maybach outside the Toyota Center and he said: “I will be all right.” I next asked about Game 6, Paul said: “Oh yeah,” before being whisked away.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Warriors' tough road to the Finals... Spurs without Leonard, Pelicans without Boogie and Rockets without CP3. And lets not forget Irving and Love missing the Finals and Leonard being out last year too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 428, 429, 430 ... 638, 639, 640  Next
Page 429 of 640
Jump to: