What is actually our title window if we land PG + LeBron?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misterioso
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

Expecting a lot for the young core to develop into consistent playoff ready contributors the first year. Will they develop at a fast enough rate to support a declining James? .

Well, the "developed" players currently on the Cavs, who LeBron is carrying now include:
Jose Calderon 36 yo
Jeff Green 31
George Hill 31
Kyle Korver 37
JR Smith 32

Perhaps he would enjoy playing with players who are on their way UP the talent latter instead of players on their way DOWN....!

I seriously doubt if LBJ has any issues playing with older guys, so long as they fulfill a specific role in team's composition that promotes winning. He's already experienced this:

Code:

11-12 Heat
James Jones    31
Mike Miller    31
Udonis Haslem  31
Shane Battier  33
Juwan Howard   38

12-13 Heat
Dwyane Wade    31
James Jones    32
Mike Miller    32
Udonis Haslem  32
Rashard Lewis  33
Chris Andersen 34
Shane Battier  34
Ray Allen      37
Juwan Howard   39

The Warriors won a ring with these senior citizens:

Code:

Shaun Livingston 31
Zaza Pachulia    32
Andre Iguodala   33
Anderson Varejao 34
David West       36
Matt Barnes      36

And the Shaq/Kobe Lakers had these guys:

Code:

Robert Horry 30
Rick Fox     31
Brian Shaw   34
Horace Grant 35
Ron Harper   37

More often than not, it's the young guys who get you there, but the vets are there to help get you the last mile to the promised land. On championship teams, the back end of the roster will be filled with savvy veterans guys who have been through the wars.

When the Lakers young core become solid playoff contenders capable of contending a conference title, those last couple of positions on the roster will be filled with vets who are needed to get the team over the top.

The Lakers aren't there yet, and that's why Lebron isn't coming IMO. They're another 2 years out at a minimum.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
This all changes if a healthy Leonard is available. That would make us a contender for at least 5 years with him and PG13.

*sigh* I don't know why I excite myself with these ideas.

I agree, PG and Kawhi should be the dream. Not James

I would prefer Kawhi/PG or Kawhi/Lebron over PG/Lebron. If Kawhi is healthy, I think Kawhi/Lebron is better in short term....but I think Kawhi/PG work better with Ball. I think there is a world where Josh Hart would almost be better at the PG than Ball with Lebron on the court.....where he would just do the Mario Chalmers and knock down open shots every once in a while.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I would prefer Kawhi/PG or Kawhi/Lebron over PG/Lebron. If Kawhi is healthy, I think Kawhi/Lebron is better in short term....but I think Kawhi/PG work better with Ball.

I think there is a world where Josh Hart would almost be better at the PG than Ball with Lebron on the court.....

I think you are correct, having Ball bring the ball to the front court and then pas it to LeBron who would either drive/shoot and score OR drive and pass it a player to hit an open jumper and Hart shoots approx. 10% higher than ball on his FG% & 3-pt %.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

Can't believe there are people here who wouldn't want the Lakers to sign Lebron and PG13, lol

Lakers would be a title contending team next year. As soon as the ink is dry on the deals. Lebron ropes the trash Cavs roster to 50 wins. Now he's playing with George, Ingram, Ball, Hart, Kuzma and potentially Randle. Plus whomever you get for the MLE?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Can't believe there are people here who wouldn't want the Lakers to sign Lebron and PG13, lol

Lakers would be a title contending team next year. As soon as the ink is dry on the deals. Lebron ropes the trash Cavs roster to 50 wins. Now he's playing with George, Ingram, Ball, Hart, Kuzma and potentially Randle. Plus whomever you get for the MLE?

We have folks advocating for using the cap space to sign Boogie/IT. madness.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Wow
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

No on Boogie. Lakers worked their asses off for cap space to go after a guy coming off a career debilitating Achilles tear, whose team took off after he got hurt? IT? 5'8" defensive sieve chucker is what they want?

Furthermore, Lakers have 2 summers to use their cap space. That's it. Once Ingram is due a large extension, much of it goes away. Then Ball, Hart and Kuzma will be RFAs. Waiting for KL in 2019 might make sense, but I have a feeling teams will be lining up around the block to get him this summer and any of those team that potentially land him could resign him. Klay also isn't leaving GSW.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

No on Boogie. Lakers worked their asses off for cap space to go after a guy coming off a career debilitating Achilles tear, whose team took off after he got hurt? IT? 5'8" defensive sieve chucker is what they want?

Furthermore, Lakers have 2 summers to use their cap space. That's it. Once Ingram is due a large extension, much of it goes away. Then Ball, Hart and Kuzma will be RFAs. Waiting for KL in 2019 might make sense, but I have a feeling teams will be lining up around the block to get him this summer and any of those team that potentially land him could resign him. Klay also isn't leaving GSW.

Ditto, 2019 talk is fake, FO is going all in this summer and that might include trading for Kawhi
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Random thoughts:

No way the Spurs trade Kawhi to anyone in the West, let alone the Lakers.

If Lebron can't make it out of the first round, WHY? why should he stay with the Cav's?
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Ditto, 2019 talk is fake, FO is going all in this summer and that might include trading for Kawhi

Which might end up in failure because I'm also prepared for disappointment too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: