EXIT INTERVIEWS will continue Friday at 10 am (Luke, Rob & Magic)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I guess that Morey was lying when he said that the deal was on the table and he was just waiting on Mitch to pull the trigger. As a veteran FO exec, Mitch knew that making the deal early could mean missing out on a bigger deal at the deadline, so he waited. Mitch and Morey had worked together on deals before and had that relationship.

And therein lies the problem.

Mitch was a master of waiting.

He always waited and passed on deals always waiting for the home run.

And he missed.

And missed again.

Magic came in and immediately saw there was action to take and he took it.

That's the difference.

You can credit Mitch all you want for supposed deals but Magic actually executed, knowing the small pieces are sometimes worth it over the potential of a bigger deal.

Mitch would've passed at the deadline like he typically did.

Magic took advantage and that directly led to us getting Kuzma.

magic hasnt done anything yet to be honest. and when(i said it. we get a big FA). I'm still not giving all the cred to magic/rob. the reason being, they got lucky, look at the timing of the take over. When the kids started to grow up. when we found out it may be time to part with DLO and we have another PG that is a better POINT guard in the draft. and lastly, other FA's are coming up on the end of their deals and they are signaling they are ready to leave their current team while also signaling they want to come to Los angeles.

PG13 wasnt coming home 4 years ago. bron wasnt setting up everything in los angeles 3 years ago. cousins(even if no achilles) was not at the end of his deal yet. Kawhi was not disgruntled yet.

We didnt have Zo, Kuz was still a baby, josh hart was still a kid, thomas bryant was still in high school, Ingram was looking shaky at best, Randle was looking like a giant question mark because of his youth as well. Luke only recently became available to get. KCP was not available which is why we had nick young and bazemore.

a lot of things transpired that have little to nothing to do with either FO team. but its about to make the current FO look great. I just want people to realize there are times when you give a FO all the credit, then their are times you give them some of it. this is the some of it time.

the CP3 Deal with dwight on the back end. getting rid of bad knees drew, old man gasol, and going to be older LO. while saving cash in the process was a deal you give 100% credit to the FO. reason being, dwight didnt say he wanted to be a laker, neither did cp3. we were about to make those deals based on the FO (jimbo and mitch's) decision making skills. we all know what happened with the cp3 deal. then to come back with nash. again 100% front office.

Thats the difference. I can give boston credit for throwing away Fultz and getting more picks to package up with some other guys to say get kawhi or something. good move. now granted a lot of those picks came about because they only won one championship and the franchise wasnt stupid and let the old guys go and started over quickly. but you can do that when you only win one ring after trying twice. its not the same when you have won multiple rings back to back and you're back in the finals again. yet the FO still made the proper moves to make us younger and prepare us for the future without kobe. but thanks to that nixed deal. it is what it is.

I'm a fan of magic and rob. but i was also a fan of mitch and jimbo. because they actually DID produce. and they had little to do with us being so bad. that was going to happen with our champions aging out.

with that said. I moved on just fine. doesnt matter to me. as long as we get at least one of these big time FA's. we're ready to rock & roll.

we actually dont NEED 2 or more of them. but if we can get 2 or 3. fine by me as well.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

"magic hasnt done anything yet to be honest"

right, because Nance & Clarkson traded themselves for two expiring contracts & a 1st round pick
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:46 am    Post subject:

How about bringing in Pops after dumping Walton? The Spurs have no rebuilding plan, Kawhi is a lot case, Lamarcus is 33y, and the rest are not even good role players. Having made the playoffs it means no Tim Duncan luck. The Lakers have a lot of good young players, and cap space.

Exit: LaVar Ball from anything close to the Lakers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject:

carlosLisboa wrote:
How about bringing in Pops after dumping Walton?

LOL Walton isn't going anywhere. Nor is Pops.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: