RIP Radio Host Art Bell
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: RIP Radio Host Art Bell

Legendary Radio host Art Bell has passed away. His show Coast to Coast dealt with the paranormal and for the younger generation who have never owned an AM radio I can tell you that this dude was a legend. You can find some stuff on youtube if you are interested. He was the best.

RIP Art. Thank you for way too many late nights staying up in bed scared sh*tless

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/local-nevada/pahrump-based-radio-host-art-bell-dies-at-72/
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

I remember listening to him on the car radio in the middle of the night during cross country road trips. It was like being in an X-File -- pitch black night, starry skies, and creepy stories crackling over the radio.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

Listening to Coast late at night during high school and the late 90s was fun as (bleep). RIP
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

I’m going to listen tonight. Georgey better man up and host and do a nice tribute with some classic Art.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xPbiFEljRNo

Last nights airing, listen at the 49 minute mark when George first gets confirmation and announces Art’s passing.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

Sorry for him and his family, but won’t miss the crazy he injected into the world
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I remember listening to him on the car radio in the middle of the night during cross country road trips. It was like being in an X-File -- pitch black night, starry skies, and creepy stories crackling over the radio.

I used to work second shift in my previous work, so I'd drive home in the wee hours of the middle of the night and Art was a frequent choice in my listening routine. Seems so tame in retrospect these days.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
I’m going to listen tonight. Georgey better man up and host and do a nice tribute with some classic Art.

He lost it last night when he announced that Art had passed away. I can’t tell you how many years I listened to Art, I have always been a night person and grew up listening to am radio.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

I loved Arts shows..

Blue people
glass structures on the moon
secret satellites being called failures when people ask for the pics
Area 51

RIP.. im sure he is with the aliens now
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

He lost it last night when he announced that Art had passed away. I can’t tell you how many years I listened to Art, I have always been a night person and grew up listening to am radio.

Yeah bud that was tough to hear. I got choked up hearing him as well.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

RIP. I used to listen to Art on Coast to Coast back in the days going to sleep. He had a nice smooth voice and it helped me fall asleep.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Loved his UFO and Bigfoot shows...

RIP AB

And its even scarier...if its TRUE!

OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

I used to love listening to Art. Never took it seriously. All in fun rabbit hole radio.
RIP Art.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Sorry for him and his family, but won’t miss the crazy he injected into the world

Insinuating that he injected crazy into the world is misguided and short sighted. Do you also think that the WWF is real?

The truth is Art did the complete opposite. Every show gave us something to ponder as a diversion from reality.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

Yeah that got me pretty choked up as well. Damn.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Insinuating that he injected crazy into the world is misguided and short sided. Do you also think that the WWF is real?

The truth is Art did the complete opposite. Every show gave us something to ponder as a diversion from reality.

I wasn’t insinuating. I was straight out saying it. Mr. Bell contributed to the fake news world we live in. If that entertained people, ok I guess, but he’s the direct parent of crazy ish that’s out there today, and like with wrestling, a lot of people lost the ability to notice it isn’t real.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:44 am    Post subject:

Interesting, never heard of the guy. RIP
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

"West of the Rockies, you're on the air..."

RIP
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Insinuating that he injected crazy into the world is misguided and short sided. Do you also think that the WWF is real?

Quote:
I wasn’t insinuating. I was straight out saying it. Mr. Bell contributed to the fake news world we live in.
If that entertained people, ok I guess, but he’s the direct parent of crazy ish that’s out there today, and like with wrestling, a lot of people lost the ability to notice it isn’t real.

so you are implying that there is a certain segment of the population that actually believed the content of the show, and you are including yourself in that demographic ? bruh...this is not a good look for you right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Quote:
I wasn’t insinuating. I was straight out saying it. Mr. Bell contributed to the fake news world we live in.
If that entertained people, ok I guess, but he’s the direct parent of crazy ish that’s out there today, and like with wrestling, a lot of people lost the ability to notice it isn’t real.

so you are implying that there is a certain segment of the population that actually believed the content of the show, and you are including yourself in that demographic ? bruh...this is not a good look for you right now

If you know anything about me, or even if you just read the posts in this thread, you’d know I don’t believe the kind of (bleep) he was selling. But head, many many people did and do. He’s the precursor to even wackier versions of him like Alex Jones.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I wasn’t insinuating. I was straight out saying it. Mr. Bell contributed to the fake news world we live in. If that entertained people, ok I guess, but he’s the direct parent of crazy ish that’s out there today, and like with wrestling, a lot of people lost the ability to notice it isn’t real.

It was tongue in cheek. You can't blame him if some people were too stupid to get it.

It's like the Phil Hendry show. The whole joke was pushing the limits of what people would get sucked into.

Very different than the REAL "fake news" game that Alex Jones and Fox News are doing these days which comes solely from the intention of manipulation for nefarious purposes.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Quote:

If you know anything about me, or even if you just read the posts in this thread, you’d know I don’t believe the kind of (bleep) he was selling. But head, many many people did and do. He’s the precursor to even wackier versions of him like Alex Jones.

OK duly noted Omar Little speaks for the people!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Quote:

Huh?
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Quote:

Huh?

If you are not speaking for yourself, who exactly are you speaking for? You implied that people believe the content of Art Bell's shows to be true. You said he injected crazy into the world. When I called you out on it you tried to disavow that you were speaking from a personal point of view. So...who are you speaking for? The dumb ones who think it's real?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Quote:

Huh?

If you are not speaking for yourself, who exactly are you speaking for? You implied that people believe the content of Art Bell's shows to be true. You said he injected crazy into the world. When I called you out on it you tried to disavow that you were speaking from a personal point of view. So...who are you speaking for? The dumb ones who think it's real?

I’m not following you. You think it is impossible to know that people believe radio personalities without believing them yourself? You don’t have to look very far to find people who believe the stuff he was spewing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: