BR: Re-Drafting 2017 NBA Draft (Ball #4, Kuzma #9, Hart #20)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Not bad, average of 8.7 spots above where picked.

So who gets the credit, Ryan West?

Bill Berta, Jesse Buss, Rob Pelinka, Magic Johnson also.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: BR: Re-Drafting 2017 NBA Draft (Ball #4, Kuzma #9, Hart #20)

CervantesRises wrote:
adkindo wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Defensive rating has a lot more to do with him being on the court against back ups.

right, cause Gordon is clearly always playing against backups.....simply throwing mud against the wall hoping something sticks....if you think he is a terrible player...cool, but you are in a small minority of thought.

Kid played 27 games and averaged 5 points at 7 feet...only thing muddy around here is your bias...which has been on full display for over a year now with Zo.

He started 10 games, which means he was playing his limited minutes against 2nd teamers if you watched any of his games and you cherry picked the one stat that MIGHT be a positive for him given that he was playing alongside a solid young vet. So tell me...how many minutes did he acquire that 90.4 ratinging in? And against which competition? And you want to accuse me of throwing excrement against the wall? LoL.

Would I rather have Fultz? Hell's no with his 10 games played. Zo played 52 and I am 100% positive that was by design by the FO.

Tatum is nice...but is he better than Kuzma? I personally dont think so, but I respect folks that say Tatum is better. From where I stand we got Lonzo to play the tempo we want to...mission accomplished.

We got our Tatum AND Zo to boot.

Had we been able to draft Fultz and did...what is everyone saying given his season this year? Do we go +9 again?

Had we drafted Tatum...then Kuz never happens.

I think you're horribly wrong about Fultz and Issac just like you were about the FO when they took over...time will tell...until then...

the hilarious part of your post is you really think I am the one with the bias....even though my thoughts on most of these areas are far more aligned with the majority. Your one of the handful of posters that always plays the "Lonzo Hater" card in a weak attempt to draw others in to support you.....it is such a tired tactic....try harder.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject:

Pretty amazing that with a #2, 27, 30 pick, we end up essentially getting 2 lottery picks and someone who probably is a mid 1st rounder level.

All 3 are already firmly in the rotation and will be essential to adding to possibly two expensive FAs.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

I disagree with some of the the rankings, but I don't care enough to shake my fist and tell them to get off my lawn...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Still wouldn't take Fultz over Ball. It seems fair to have Ball at #3 behind Mitchell and Tatum.

If Fultz can be judged on so few games, then Hart ending the season averaging 24 a game should have boosted him more.

Kuzma should be above Lauri. There's a reason only one of those guys was constantly in conversation with Donovan Mitchell regarding scoring prowess.

I really think you guys are missing the point....this list is not a "judgement" of this seasons performance. This is why Lauri still gets the nod over Kuzma...the kid is 7', 20 years old...put up almost exact numbers as Kuzma and was not nearly as soft or as much of a stiff on defense as expected. I was very down on Lauri coming into the draft, but he definitely changed my thoughts on him this season.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Pretty amazing that with a #2, 27, 30 pick, we end up essentially getting 2 lottery picks and someone who probably is a mid 1st rounder level.

All 3 are already firmly in the rotation and will be essential to adding to possibly two expensive FAs.

I am not sure there is an argument against us winning the draft overall....we landed 3 players that probably at a minimum will spend most of their career in a 7-8 man rotation if not start outright for the Lakers or wherever they play. That seems nearly impossible to pull off.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

And it's a fluid list.

Remember these lists had MCW as the ROY then he's almost out of the league 5 years later. Very fluid. And some of the younger names can catapult to the top of the list years from now.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I disagree with some of the the rankings, but I don't care enough to shake my fist and tell them to get off my lawn...

it's just another opinion in the arena of opinions...an educated opinion, but still holds no more value than one wants to prescribe to it. Sure by next year, a few changes will be made, and a few more the year after that......and so on until these guys are nearing their primes and we know what they actually developed into on the court.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject:

If Fultz didn't break that youngest Triple-Double record held by Lonzo on the last game, I doubt they'd have him #2, he'd probably slip to #3-#4 with Tatum at #2.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: BR: Re-Drafting 2017 NBA Draft (Ball #4, Kuzma #9, Hart #20)

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Am I the only guy who thinks Jason Tatum is vastly overrated by people? Yes he contributed to a strong team but aside from his three point shooting (which is great) his numbers are solid but not overwhelming:

Tatum: 13.9 points (47.5% fg, 43.4% 3p), 5 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1.0 steals, 0.7 blocks in 30.5 minutes.
Mitchell: 20.5 points (43.7% fg, 34% 3p), 3.7 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 1.5 steals, 0.3 blocks in 33.4 minutes
Ball: 10.2 points (36% fg, 30.5% 3p), 6.9 rebounds, 7.2 assists, 1.7 steals, 0.8 blocks in 34.2 minutes
Kuzma: 16.1 points (45% fg, 36.6% 3p), 6.3 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 0.6 steals, 0.4 blocks in 31.2 minutes
Fultz: 7.1 points (40.5% fg, 31.3% 3p), 3.1 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 0.9 steals, 0.3 blocks in 18.1 minutes
Smith Jr: 15.2 points (39.5% fg, 31.3% 3p), 3.8 rebounds, 5.2 assists, 1 steal, 0.3 blocks in 29.7 minutes
Jackson: 13.1 points (41.7% fg, 26.3% 3p), 4.6 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1 steal, 0.5 blocks in 25.4 minutes

I need BPM, RPM, PIPM, etc. because raw stats aren't doin it these days.

Tell me the formula for RPM, or actually the formula for ORPM and DRPM?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject:

I just don't get the author's points of emphasis.

Is it demonstrable output/performance?

Is it "potential?"

A mix of both?

B/c Fultz clearly didn't meet the demonstrable performance aspect but certainly has a ton of potential. But so does Lonzo, and he played at least 50+ games (though missing 30 should be a mark against his 1st year too).
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I just don't get the author's points of emphasis.

Is it demonstrable output/performance?

Is it "potential?"

A mix of both?

B/c Fultz clearly didn't meet the demonstrable performance aspect but certainly has a ton of potential. But so does Lonzo, and he played at least 50+ games (though missing 30 should be a mark against his 1st year too).

it is everything that goes into a projection.....and each individual determines their own ingredients.....it is floor, ceiling and likely outcome. Fultz could have played 0 games and been #1 or played 82 games and been #10.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject:

Washington Post did one about 3 weeks ago of the Top 10, and did not include Fultz (was right before Fultz returned to court?), and had Lonzo @ #6 and Kuzma @ #5........and De'Aaron Fox @ #3. I do not agree with Fox @ #3....but these are all just different projections....really not sure why people become so offended when others have differing thoughts on what will happen tomorrow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nba/2018/03/26/amp-stories/little-do-over-nba-drafts-top/
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject:

I just like it when folks lay out their assumptions in doing these rankings.

Some don't and are left to surmise.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

maybe....but do you know what me and you....and everyone else would likely do with those assumptions.....try to undermine and pick apart the ones that supported results we did not prefer, while just nodding at the ones that supported our preference. Now, in discussing an actual award like MVP or ROY, I think one must include those points....and I also think those items are much more relevant to debate, argue, and even be slightly offended by...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

maybe....but do you know what me and you....and everyone else would likely do with those assumptions.....try to undermine and pick apart the ones that supported results we did not prefer, while just nodding at the ones that supported our preference. Now, in discussing an actual award like MVP or ROY, I think one must include those points....and I also think those items are much more relevant to debate, argue, and even be slightly offended by...

I just like a semblance of methodology. And this particular BR one lacks it IMO, which is why some are up at arms about it when in reality, it's such a limited snapshot of a young player's career.

I'd say years 1-3 brings some of the most variance in a top young player.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject:

I wonder where Thomas Bryant would be ranked in the re-draft??
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject:

Josh Hart should be at least ranked 17 imo. He's better than Monk, Kennard and Allen.

Nitilka at 13 is overrated too.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Josh Hart should be at least ranked 17 imo. He's better than Monk, Kennard and Allen.

I am not high on Ntilikina either.....but i guess he is still 19 and "may" develop some type of offensive game?
Terra4Gary
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: BR: Re-Drafting 2017 NBA Draft (Ball #4, Kuzma #9, Hart #20)

Nashlight wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2770321-re-drafting-the-2017-nba-draft-1st-round

4) Lonzo Ball (down from #2)

9) Kyle Kuzma (up from #27)

20) Josh Hart (up from #30)

Agree, disagree?

No way there are 8 players in that draft better than Kuzma or 19 players better than Hart IMHO!

That said, Lonzo sounds about right. I would go Mitchell, Tatum, Smith Jr. then Lonzo!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Roughly same spot for him imo; reason being is he didn’t play enough in the NBA. Not a knock against him, just can’t move him up until he gets more PT with the Lakers.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Roughly same spot for him imo; reason being is he didn’t play enough in the NBA. Not a knock against him, just can’t move him up until he gets more PT with the Lakers.

yeah, right now, who can really know....definitely see some names he may slip ahead.....but there are names after him that may go before him. I personally "may" take Dillon Brooks and Sterling Brown ahead of him. Maybe Sindarius Thornwell? Damyean Dotson? Alec Peters & Monte Morris have also looked good in G League. It is all preference I guess....Bryant is young, probably has more upside that many other others.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Me thinks when it's all said and done, teams are going to look back and think Hart should been at least late lotto.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
pio2u wrote:

yeah, right now, who can really know....definitely see some names he may slip ahead.....but there are names after him that may go before him. I personally "may" take Dillon Brooks and Sterling Brown ahead of him. Maybe Sindarius Thornwell? Damyean Dotson? Alec Peters & Monte Morris have also looked good in G League. It is all preference I guess....Bryant is young, probably has more upside that many other others.

Length, shooting, motor. Hard to fail when you naturally have those three things going for you. The rest will figure it's self out with experience IMO.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Not Allen. That dude's got a bright future. Bigs with his talent and defensive instincts will always go a little higher when they still have potential.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9
Jump to: