News: Barbara Bush dead at 92

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: News: Barbara Bush dead at 92

Quote:
Barbara Bush, the widely admired wife of one president and the fiercely loyal mother of another, died Tuesday evening at her home in Houston. She was 92.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/us/barbara-bush-dead.html
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

RIP
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

She was a great American.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

RIP. Strong lady and devoted to her family.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

RIP. I have a lot of respect for First Ladies and what they to put up with.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

RIP
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

RIP Mrs. Bush.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

Probably the most influential first lady in US history. Didn't agree on their (Bush's) politics, but respected and admired their conviction in the American political tradition. RIP.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

Amazing First Lady. Hope history will reflect her true person. RIP

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Nah, I think the public perception of her is a much nicer memory for people.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Exactly.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Probably the most influential first lady in US history. Didn't agree on their (Bush's) politics, but respected and admired their conviction in the American political tradition. RIP.

That'd be Nancy Reagan . . . and not in a good way.

Yeah, Nancy, Hillary, and Michelle have all had much bigger profile than Ms. Bush.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Have you ever met Barbara Bush? Been around her when the cameras weren't roiling. Do you really know what her private personality was? Judging by what I've been reading she was a strong family oriented Lady. Family molding is what I glean.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Have you ever met Barbara Bush? Been around her when the cameras weren't roiling. Do you really know what her private personality was? Judging by what I've been reading she was a strong family oriented Lady. Family molding is what I glean.

She’s just died and there’s no real value having this conversation right now. Suffice it to say from those who knew her, she was very different in private than in public. But I wish her no ill and I’ll leave it be.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

well Jo.

someone thinks otherwise.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/after-calling-barbara-bush-an-%E2%80%98amazing-racist%E2%80%99-a-professor-taunts-critics-%E2%80%98i-will-never-be-fired%E2%80%99/ar-AAw2hxF?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Quote:
“Barbara Bush was a generous and smart and amazing racist who, along with her husband, raised a war criminal,” Randa Jarrar wrote Tuesday night on Twitter, according to the Fresno Bee.

In another tweet, the professor wrote: “I’m happy the witch is dead. can’t wait for the rest of her family to fall to their demise the way 1.5 million iraqis have. byyyeeeeeee.”

Quote:
As critics slammed Jarrar, the points she made about Bush were still reverberating across the Internet.

She brought up, for example, the former first lady’s statements about the mostly black evacuees taking refuge in Houston’s Astrodome during Hurricane Katrina.

Bush made statements that many viewed as insensitive after her son George W. Bush’s administration was criticized for its slow response to Katrina in 2005, according to The Washington Post’s obituary. Barbara Bush told the public radio program “Marketplace” that the evacuees who had fled their homes and were being sheltered in Houston’s Astrodome “were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them.”

now a lot of people live by "never speak ill of the dead" until we're talking about you know ...hitler. It's fine to talk bad about him. and a handful of others. My question is this, if what the lady said was true about Mrs Bush. Why can't see tell it like it was? again if it was TRUE.

I wonder after this current trump presidency, after 10 years from now when trump slips on that banana peel into the casket and calls it. how many people will say all the nice stuff about him or will it be all out war on him and every thing he stood for?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

well Jo.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/after-calling-barbara-bush-an-%E2%80%98amazing-racist%E2%80%99-a-professor-taunts-critics-%E2%80%98i-will-never-be-fired%E2%80%99/ar-AAw2hxF?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Quote:
“Barbara Bush was a generous and smart and amazing racist who, along with her husband, raised a war criminal,” Randa Jarrar wrote Tuesday night on Twitter, according to the Fresno Bee.

In another tweet, the professor wrote: “I’m happy the witch is dead. can’t wait for the rest of her family to fall to their demise the way 1.5 million iraqis have. byyyeeeeeee.”

Quote:
As critics slammed Jarrar, the points she made about Bush were still reverberating across the Internet.

She brought up, for example, the former first lady’s statements about the mostly black evacuees taking refuge in Houston’s Astrodome during Hurricane Katrina.

Bush made statements that many viewed as insensitive after her son George W. Bush’s administration was criticized for its slow response to Katrina in 2005, according to The Washington Post’s obituary. Barbara Bush told the public radio program “Marketplace” that the evacuees who had fled their homes and were being sheltered in Houston’s Astrodome “were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them.”

now a lot of people live by "never speak ill of the dead" until we're talking about you know ...hitler. It's fine to talk bad about him. and a handful of others. My question is this, if what the lady said was true about Mrs Bush. Why can't see tell it like it was? again if it was TRUE.

I wonder after this current trump presidency, after 10 years from now when trump slips on that banana peel into the casket and calls it. how many people will say all the nice stuff about him or will it be all out war on him and every thing he stood for?

Did you read the entire article? By the By I'm done.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:20 am    Post subject:

that professor is just a miserable person trying to get a response....lookin like an overgrown lollipop kid....

saw reporting this morning that her uninformed ignorance has already cost her employer thousands if not millions from angry donors.....
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

well Jo.

Quote:

Quote:

Did you read the entire article? By the By I'm done.
yes i read the entire article. i just posted it to say someone had a different opinion.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

That'd be Nancy Reagan . . . and not in a good way.

Aside from Eleanor R, Woodrow Wilson's second wife Edith is often cited along Nancy lines in terms of her role as a gatekeeper and issues-screener when Woodrow was hit by strokes and partial blindness/paralysis in 1919. Donald T. Regan, who Nancy probably had gotten cut, was the one who broke that she used an astrologer to determine if and when Ronnie made public appearances after the assassination attempt. I remember a clip of a presser announcing his replacement and as he (I think Baker, one of those old RR/GB era guys) was downplaying Nancy's micromanagement, a phone rang loudly and the room laughed at the thought of it being her.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: