Lakers report card and 2017-18 Season Awards
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Lakers report card and 2017-18 Season Awards

*Grade the Laker players: Grades/opinions for individual players on their performance this season.

Lakers final 2017-18 report card: Young team on the rise turns around season to notch 35 wins.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/04/17/lakers-final-2017-18-report-card-young-team-on-the-rise-turns-around-season-to-notch-35-wins/

Last edited by pio2u on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers final 2017-18 report card on each player

pio2u wrote:
*Grade the Laker players: Grades/opinions for individual players on their performance this season.

Lakers final 2017-18 report card: Young team on the rise turns around season to notch 35 wins.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/04/17/lakers-final-2017-18-report-card-young-team-on-the-rise-turns-around-season-to-notch-35-wins/

Ingram, A. with the A+

Challenging Sacre GOAT status!

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Hart said last week that he was recently shown two articles from the same author, about a month apart. The first listed the members of the young core but did not include Hart. The second article, listed Hart. “That’s kind of cool,” Hart said. “But that year is over with now. It’s just about getting better this offseason and taking it from there.”

this guy....

(edit: Oram gave him a B+)
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

FINAL GRADE: B+

ISAIAH THOMAS, guard

'nuff said .
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

KCP gets a B, as in BYE-Bye
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers final 2017-18 report card on each player

pio2u wrote:

I really can't argue with the grades themselves.

--Anonymous
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

To put it in perspective, you need to remember that the Celtics, Sixers & Lakers were battling out for worst record few of seasons ago...

Where are they now, both those teams won 50 games this year, so what's that say about our front office, change of coaches, drafts picks, etc... Fans who want LBJ & PG13 are not going to be happy when both decide Lakers are at least another 2 years for players like them to waste a year (not to mention the wasted Kobe last year) & wait till the kids learn.

Magic, you better stay the course & re-sign Randle & keep young guys cause Shaq or another Kobe isn't coming through that door. DON'T RELY on older free agents past 28 to turn it around!

HC: Riley
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject:

better grade for IT than KCP and Brook?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

IT getting a B+ and Ennis getting a C-.

These grades are garbage.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

LONZO BALL - FINAL GRADE: B (not to be confused with BBB)
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

It's about expectations... IT was a last minute throw in who did well as a sub... Brook was billed as an all star center who was paid 22 million, KCP was paid 18 million and trying to show he was worth more than 5 years at 80 million. IT was paid 6 million. All three were inconsistent... but one player was paid one third or fourth the salary of the other two.

Incredible how much hate you have for this guy. Almost every post I see from you is finding a way to put him down. I'm curious to who you think we ought to sign that is better as a backup point guard. So far I see continuous trolling of IT from you with no constructive solutions.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

It's about expectations... IT was a last minute throw in who did well as a sub... Brook was billed as an all star center who was paid 22 million, KCP was paid 18 million and trying to show he was worth more than 5 years at 80 million. IT was paid 6 million. All three were inconsistent... but one player was paid one third or fourth the salary of the other two.

Incredible how much hate you have for this guy. Almost every post I see from you is finding a way to put him down. I'm curious to who you think we ought to sign that is better as a backup point guard. So far I see continuous trolling of IT from you with no constructive solutions.

It's NOT about expectations ...it's about who contributed more to the team and it's not even close

as for IT...we'll see what's left of that hip
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

It's NOT about expectations ...it's about who contributed more to the team and it's not even close

So who would have signed instead for 6 million? You still haven't suggested a viable solution for backup point guard.

Even IT fans admit he wasn't great this season... but he still did better than Caruso or Ennis and was great value for the price.

If we don't sign the two elites... I welcome him back with open arms for a fair price.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

I don't understand how Josh got a B+. Was he not way above expectation?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

So who would have signed instead for 6 million? You still haven't suggested a viable solution for backup point guard.

Even IT fans admit he wasn't great this season... but he still did better than Caruso or Ennis and was great value for the price.

If we don't sign the two elites... I welcome him back with open arms for a fair price.

then why did he get a b?

I'm not complaining about how much we paid him for the rental but for the worst defensive player in the league the discount will have to be heavy for future contracts
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

then why did he get a b?

I'm not complaining about how much we paid him for the rental but for the worst defensive player in the league the discount will have to be heavy for future contracts

He averaged 15.6 PPG and 5 APG playing as the backup. It's only bad relative to what he's capable of doing.

Come on man... that's good for an injured player who gave his all for the team.

Still waiting for your backup suggestion.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

then why did he get a b?

He averaged 15.6 PPG and 5 APG playing as the backup. It's only bad relative to what he's capable of doing.

if we're talking low d players I'm looking at D Rose for the first time in my life
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Megaton wrote:

This is the first of many grades I disagree with in this article.

Hart only get's a B+? wtf. NO WAY Hart and Thomas get the same grade, nor would I put IT above Ball. Come on.

Hart, Randle, Kuzma all get A's. Obliterated all expectations.

Ingram: A- unless you dock him for not having that thick NBA body yet. Huge improvement from last year.

Ball: 'B' is a fair grade, only because he hasn't developed a consistent shot yet, not even from the FT line, and because he needs to prioritize developing his body so he can play a lot more than 52 games. But everything else he does on the court is so good. Looking forward to next season.

Lopez, I'd say has seen better seasons, but I think a 'B' is still about right. He wasn't exactly a slouch at center and he paired up well with Randle late in the season to stretch the floor on offense so Randle could score down low, while swapping and defending centers so Randle could match up defending 4's. He was actually quite useful to us. That "C+" score is BS. "B" at least.

KCP: "B-" is about right. Great moments, mixed with some brain farts. Could give a crap about the prison thing unless he drives intoxicated again, which I'll bet he does not do.

Isaiah Thomas: His shooting was great in stretches, but his overall shooting sucked for us this year. His last few games he shot us out of wins more often than not. And he couldn't finish the season. How he gets more than a "C+" is baffling, unless someone wants to give him credit for being very vocal, which I could respect.

Deng: "Incomplete." One half game, then benched for the next 81? Come on that's not gonna give you a semester grade.

Gotta give Luke some credit too for the improvement to 12th on defense and now having a team that's playoff capable next year.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Hart played like an A player, but honestly the sample size was small. If he had a few more weeks under his belt playing at that level, easy A. That being said, he made the most of the opportunity once it was given to him. Also I was surprised to read this:

Quote:
When Hart replaced franchise cornerstone Ball with the four other preferred starters (Ingram, Caldwell-Pope, Lopez and Randle) the Lakers outscored their opponents by 10.1 points per 100 possessions. When it was Ball instead of Hart, the Lakers were outscored by 0.4 points.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Too high a grade for a team that didn't make the playoffs
adtz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Megaton wrote:

IMO He play well as a 30th pick, improving gradually when season moving, and done great end of season. But he miss 18 game through injury, season stat is still ok but not that fantastic for a B+ grade for a 30th pick.
For reference, josh hart stat is 7.9PPG, 4.2R, 1.3A, RPM -0.73, BPM -0.1.
Or you may suggest why he should deserve to get higher?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Obviously grades on the curve.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

then why did he get a b?

if we're talking low d players I'm looking at D Rose for the first time in my life

My first choice was Rondo... half the board didn't want him.

I didn't even think of IT, but when he fell into our lap, I was happy to give him a chance. Still am for the right price.

I also wanted DRose... at least more than going with Ennis.

Better signing someone who was once great for cheap than someone who has almost no hope of being good.

For a backup point guard, IT is fine... and his ceiling is a return to all star form. I agree for starting point guard it would be a big risk.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
epak wrote:

Obviously grades on the curve.

Nice professor
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram’s 2017-2018 overall grade

Quote:
Brandon Ingram had quite a breakout year in 2017-2018 and the sky is the limit for the small forward of the Los Angeles Lakers.

https://lakeshowlife.com/2018/04/24/los-angeles-lakers-brandon-ingrams-2017-2018-overall-grade/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: