Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 122, 123, 124  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Goff was a superstar tonight.

This. He made amazing throws tonight, with superb arm talent combined with accuracy. That throw on the run to the back corner of the end zone to Kupp was incredible. Just laser after laser right on the money, and we aren't talking about little dump offs where guys are running for most of the passing yardage. He's getting the ball downfield accurately and on time.

I thought the Vikings would win the game, but I'm happy to see that the Rams weren't complacent and wanted to win the game just as badly as the Vikings.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:28 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Everything you need to know about Cousins on that play in my opinion....he knew he fumbled and the ball was loose for a good second before anyone else....and he is just backing away instead going into the trenches to try to recover ball. Maybe he is unable to get it.....but how do you not try at that point in the game? Franchise QB level talent....but never had Franchise QB level desire/heart.

Like Jimmy G-level desire/heart going for an extra 1-2 yards instead of running out of bounds?

Around 12:18 mark, you can see from the live and replay angles, he loses sight of the football for a split second when it goes past the rams player, he doesn't back away, he actually takes a few steps forward but at that point, 300lb linemen are diving at the ball 5 yards away. What else can he do at that point? It's week 4 and the Vikings are going to make the playoffs.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Goff was a superstar tonight.

This. He made amazing throws tonight, with superb arm talent combined with accuracy. That throw on the run to the back corner of the end zone to Kupp was incredible. Just laser after laser right on the money, and we aren't talking about little dump offs where guys are running for most of the passing yardage. He's getting the ball downfield accurately and on time.

After watching him for two seasons, I honestly didn't know Goff could make those throws. He's mostly been a short yardage, conservative passer up to this point of his career. You could kind of see him going for longer throws in the first three games but, last night, he blew the lid right off the top of the Vikings defense.

Gotta give credit to the OL again. Goff took a sack last night but I thought that one was on him for not stepping up into the pocket. They kept his jersey clean and were opening huge holes for TGII. I was surprised TG didn't break 100yds rushing. It seemed like every carry was like +5 or 6yds.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject:

chickenjoy24 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Everything you need to know about Cousins on that play in my opinion....he knew he fumbled and the ball was loose for a good second before anyone else....and he is just backing away instead going into the trenches to try to recover ball. Maybe he is unable to get it.....but how do you not try at that point in the game? Franchise QB level talent....but never had Franchise QB level desire/heart.

Like Jimmy G-level desire/heart going for an extra 1-2 yards instead of running out of bounds?

Around 12:18 mark, you can see from the live and replay angles, he loses sight of the football for a split second when it goes past the rams player, he doesn't back away, he actually takes a few steps forward but at that point, 300lb linemen are diving at the ball 5 yards away. What else can he do at that point? It's week 4 and the Vikings are going to make the playoffs.

Jimmy G was going out of bounds when the ligaments tore in his knee and his resulting reaction kept him in bounds.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

It's kind of mind-blowing to think, just two seasons ago, Goff was protected by one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL waiting for the likes of Kenny Britt, Brian Quick and Tavon Austin to get open.

Austin is, once again, part of one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL, Quick is buried on the Redskins bench and Britt is out of the league.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

If I had to give a main reason for the Rams turn around I'd say it was the head coach. Fisher 2016, 4 12 had essentially the same roster as McVay 2017, 11 5.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
goldenarmor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

Really hope the chargers can get it together and we can see both teams make a deep playoff run. I waited 20 years for the return of football and I’m going to makeup for lost time by rooting for both teams.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
It's kind of mind-blowing to think, just two seasons ago, Goff was protected by one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL waiting for the likes of Kenny Britt, Brian Quick and Tavon Austin to get open.

Austin is, once again, part of one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL, Quick is buried on the Redskins bench and Britt is out of the league.

jodeke wrote:
If I had to give a main reason for the Rams turn around I'd say it was the head coach. Fisher 2016, 4 12 had essentially the same roster as McVay 2017, 11 5.

I liked Fisher and always believed in defense first. Whether this is true or not, seeing just how effective this team's offense is compared to Fisher's has been a real eye-opener. Fisher is a good defensive coach but never got the offense for the Rams anywhere near being dominant, let alone much beyond mediocre.

McVay is something else. After losing last year's offensive coordinator, offensive line coach, and quarterback coach, there was worry that the offense would not be as effective. So far, nothing of the sort. McVay might be more than something else, he just might be as close to an offensive genius as anyone.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
chickenjoy24 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Jimmy G was going out of bounds when the ligaments tore in his knee and his resulting reaction kept him in bounds.

Jimmy G clearly made a cut back to stay in bounds and get more yards on a 3rd & Goal play, with 5mins left remaining and down 2 touchdowns.

Him trying to go for more yards actually kept the clock running VS. going out of bounds and stopping the clock. I admire the extra effort by Jimmy G , but when you're getting paid that much in a league that is protecting QBs more and more, he should've just went out of bounds.

It's a long season and I think he'll learn from it.

Back on topic with the Rams,

-Hopefully we get Zuerlein back soon. We need his reliable leg from 55 yards and below. I don't trust Ficken.

-Peters gave up a few big plays, but considering being carted off the field on Sunday, and coming right back to play on Thursday, I don't think it's going to be an issue esp with 10 days rest for the next game
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

jodeke wrote:

I liked Fisher and always believed in defense first. Whether this is true or not, seeing just how effective this team's offense is compared to Fisher's has been a real eye-opener. Fisher is a good defensive coach but never got the offense for the Rams anywhere near being dominant, let alone much beyond mediocre.

McVay is something else. After losing last year's offensive coordinator, offensive line coach, and quarterback coach, there was worry that the offense would not be as effective. So far, nothing of the sort. McVay might be more than something else, he just might be as close to an offensive genius as anyone.

McVay has been the best coaching hire in sports over the past few years. They took a chance on hiring a 30-year-old head coach (unheard of!) and he is a massive difference-maker. And not only does he look like one of the best schemers in the league already, but he just gets it beyond the x's and o's. He's masterful with communication, both with his players and with the media. When they lose, he puts the blame on himself, and never the players. When they win (which has been often), he heaps the praise onto the players. They hit a grand slam home run with him.

As for Fisher, yes, he's a fine defensive mind, but he just became a dinosaur in the modern NFL. Similar to what happened with John Fox, Byron Scott in the NBA, and even what you're seeing with Tom Thibodeau now.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Chickenjoy24 is right about Ficken. He has to get cut. He's just a substandard NFL kicker. You can't take the chance that he could miss a kick to cost you a game. The position is too important and he's terrible. Even if Zuerlein is only going to miss another game or 2 or 3, that's no excuse to employ Ficken. Sign someone else.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject:

chickenjoy24 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
chickenjoy24 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Jimmy G clearly made a cut back to stay in bounds and get more yards on a 3rd & Goal play, with 5mins left remaining and down 2 touchdowns.

Him trying to go for more yards actually kept the clock running VS. going out of bounds and stopping the clock. I admire the extra effort by Jimmy G , but when you're getting paid that much in a league that is protecting QBs more and more, he should've just went out of bounds.

It's a long season and I think he'll learn from it.

Back on topic with the Rams,

-Hopefully we get Zuerlein back soon. We need his reliable leg from 55 yards and below. I don't trust Ficken.

-Peters gave up a few big plays, but considering being carted off the field on Sunday, and coming right back to play on Thursday, I don't think it's going to be an issue esp with 10 days rest for the next game

No, his left leg buckled and his reaction pushed him in the other direction. The commentators discussed it and you can clearly see the knee buckle on film.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
No, his left leg buckled and his reaction pushed him in the other direction. The commentators discussed it and you can clearly see the knee buckle on film.

Agree to disagree
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

Rams remain #1 this week. Vegas line on Sunday is Rams -7.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Rams have made a change at kicker.

Though head coach Sean McVay said on Monday that there’s a chance All-Pro Greg Zuerlein could return from his groin injury this week, Los Angeles elected to waive Sam Ficken on Tuesday and sign Cairo Santos.

https://www.therams.com/news/rams-sign-k-cairo-santos
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Quote:
The Rams have made a change at kicker.

Though head coach Sean McVay said on Monday that there’s a chance All-Pro Greg Zuerlein could return from his groin injury this week, Los Angeles elected to waive Sam Ficken on Tuesday and sign Cairo Santos.

https://www.therams.com/news/rams-sign-k-cairo-santos

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I agree.

Polar opposites

One predictable, fat and happy and coasting off mediocre results.

The other innovative, hungry and motivated to succeed.

Night and day, what an upgrade...along with Peterson in Philly, a star in the league already.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Suh demonstrating tackling technique.

https://twitter.com/NOTSportsCenter/status/1048339005627158531
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

Football weather. 53 degrees and forecast rain from 1-2 pm and showers at 3pm.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
In positive news, returner JoJo Natson is expected to play after going through a full practice on both Thursday and Friday.

Kupp's been doing fine filling in but glad to have JoJo back.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

They just announced JoJo is inactive today.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Wow that was stupid. Just completed a successful run...Its 2nd down and 2 yards from the end zone, and they throw it?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Defense got bullied on that drive.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to the Clink!
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

I dont get how our run defense is so bad
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 122, 123, 124  Next
Page 10 of 124
Jump to: