Is a Lebron PG13 and Leonard scenario possible?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject: Is a Lebron PG13 and Leonard scenario possible?

Can we sign Lebron and PG outright, and then trade Deng, Ball, Kuzma, Inbram to SA for Leonard? And then can we afford to keep all 3 going forward?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Yes but let's not
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Is a Lebron PG13 and Leonard scenario possible?

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Can we sign Lebron and PG outright, and then trade Deng, Ball, Kuzma, Inbram to SA for Leonard? And then can we afford to keep all 3 going forward?

Welp...thats too much for a 1 year Rental!

You get 3 Superstars then what? 9 Tyler Ennis players?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Is a Lebron PG13 and Leonard scenario possible?

BigBallerBrand wrote:

we have to keep inbram
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject:

I don't see them surrendering all three of Ball, Kuzma, and BI in a Kawhi trade. If Buford foolishly insists on an outright fleece like that, Magic will just hang up in his face.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Is a Lebron PG13 and Leonard scenario possible?

pjiddy wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

we have to keep inbram

yeah inbram is my favorite player. He is even better than Kove or Maggik jonson!
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject:

I would rather get two of these guys and keep our core.

But I would rather get PG and Kawhi. But the truth is, beggars can't be choosers. This is a players league and the first two who want to be here are probably going to be the two we get.

I don't think I want to give up all our young guys to get the third.
adtz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject:

IN FO, it sld either be 2 Max or 1 Max this season and another Max next season.

3 Max is possible but might not be viable for FO if their plan is for short championship run + viable future championship run plan. That should be a successful FO direction.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject:

Although this has been discussed extensively in the Free Agency thread, I don't mind having a different thread, as long as we can keep the pessimists away from overwhelming the thread like what they did to the Free Agency thread.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject:

There is zero chance the Lakers move all of those players and picks for ANY player in the NBA who might be available and certainly not a player with 1 year left on their deal coming of a season long Injury.

If they do try and make a trade I could see it being a resigned Randle (assuming he would be replaced by Bron in this scenario if not then Kuzma), Ingram (who be replaced by KL) and the Cavs 1st and maybe a player like Zubac.....I think that's as far as I would go,personally I'd like the Lakers to keep the pick so they can keep the young talent pipe line going....it really depends on how hard KL pushes to go to the Lakers if he so chooses....SA may ship him out PG 13 style, good for the Lakers as we can try to pick up next year and still keep our depth
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject:

George W Buss wrote:
Although this has been discussed extensively in the Free Agency thread, I don't mind having a different thread, as long as we can keep the pessimists away from overwhelming the thread like what they did to the Free Agency thread.

I think we should have 2 Free Agency Threads, one for optimistic people and one for pessimistic people. Let the pessimistic people feed off of their own negative energy and not allow them to bring down the excitement of the optimistic people.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

What is the logic behind thinking Ball/Ingram/Kuzma/Deng is too much for Leonard?

Wouldn’t it cost one of these players plus a draft pick to get rid of Deng anyway? So we are pretty much giving up 2 great prospects for a #1 option on a championship team, and also giving up Deng at the cost of only one great prospect without surrendering an additional draft pick.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
What is the logic behind thinking Ball/Ingram/Kuzma/Deng is too much for Leonard?

Wouldn’t it cost one of these players plus a draft pick to get rid of Deng anyway? So we are pretty much giving up 2 great prospects for a #1 option on a championship team, and also giving up Deng at the cost of only one great prospect without surrendering an additional draft pick.

Disclaimer: KL's one of my favorite NBA players.

That being said, I would trade assets to get a healthy KL. Just concerned about his health (a bit more than the red flags re: his relationship with the team).

No, I think Deng would take 2 1st rounders to clear, no need to include young assets to clear Deng.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

Leonard missed the entire year with an injury essentially. Something that quietly isn't discussed. Maybe he comes back 100%, but last time Lakers traded for a guy coming off an injury was Howard, and he wasn't the same.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

I don't think that the Lakers will trade a young player to get rid of Deng. Draft picks yes, not a young player. I think that the will waive and stretch him before sacrificing another young, core player.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

There’s a big difference between possible and probable.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Is a Lebron PG13 and Leonard scenario possible?

pjiddy wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

we have to keep inbram

Inbram, Leonard, George, and LeBron are all forwards now aren’t they? Ingram is the one that makes the most sense to trade if we are bringing in a bunch of forwards.
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

Can we give them both Ingram with Deng for Leonard?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

Do you think that the Spurs have any interest in Deng?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Is a Lebron PG13 and Leonard scenario possible?

BigBallerBrand wrote:

I couldn't make it work doing it that way.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

The logic behind it is that it’s a drastic overpay for a guy that you can just sign as a free agent in one year instead of gutting your entire young core to get him a little earlier. If it's indeed true that Kawhi wants to come to the Lakers, the Spurs are in no position to be greedy. Kawhi (and by extension, the Lakers) have the leverage. If the Spurs insisted on all three of BI, Lonzo, and Kuz and you caved, they suckered you.

And if you would attach one of them just to move Deng, you got suckered twice in one summer.

Last edited by Judah on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Is a Lebron PG13 and Leonard scenario possible?

BigBallerBrand wrote:

LOL! If I were the Spurs, I'd say yes to that in a heartbeat. If Bron, Leonard and PG13 were all 26 and below like Bron, Wade and Bosh, then maybe I'd think about it.

Lebron will be 34, Leonard turns 27 in a couple of months, PG13 will be 28. Your window is much smaller than the Heat, and 34 yrs old Lebron is still your best player? If you can legitimately tell me Bron is the 3rd best player of this bunch, then again, maybe I''d think about it. But the dude is the best player of the trio. Your whole "future," a very tiny future is dependent on Bron.

Nonsense.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

Go after Lebron by all means, but you need a plan for the NOW and the FUTURE.

All we need is 1 free agent, then we can get another one in 19. And you could be looking at a long lasting dynasty. You don't go for broke now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

The logic behind it is that it’s a drastic overpay for a guy that you can just signr as a free agent in one year instead of gutting your entire young core to get him a little earlier. If it's indeed true that Kawhi wants to come to the Lakers, the Spurs are in no position to be greedy. Kawhi (and by extension, the Lakers) have the leverage. If the Spurs insisted on all three of BI, Lonzo, and Kuz and you caved, they suckered you.

And if you would attach one of them just to move Deng, you got suckered twice in one summer.

Only you don’t know that he will be a FA in one year. I doubt he gets to that point. But I wouldn’t trade for him now, I have no confidence in his health.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Is a Lebron PG13 and Leonard scenario possible?

Runway8 wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

LOL! If I were the Spurs, I'd say yes to that in a heartbeat. If Bron, Leonard and PG13 were all 26 and below like Bron, Wade and Bosh, then maybe I'd think about it.

Lebron will be 34, Leonard turns 27 in a couple of months, PG13 will be 28. Your window is much smaller than the Heat, and 34 yrs old Lebron is still your best player? If you can legitimately tell me Bron is the 3rd best player of this bunch, then again, maybe I''d think about it. But the dude is the best player of the trio. Your whole "future," a very tiny future is dependent on Bron.

Nonsense.

It’s a circular argument. George wants to come to get away from Westbrook but would still be Lebron’s understudy. No difference. Leonard is the Spurs top man but wants to be our 2nd/3rd guy? It all seems like fan mental gymnastics.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: