Is Randle Fools Gold?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Fools Gold?
Yes
19%
 19%  [ 30 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 88 ]
Unsure
23%
 23%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 154

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Aike wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Christopher Walken wrote:
Remember, he dominated among our current team- he would get shut down if teams focused on him more and embiid totally dominated him, he's too short against real centers.
For that reason, if we get any two of: KL, PG, or lebron I'd rather spend jules money on brook...

Jules' proclivity to go and finish left I think is something opposing coaching would really focus on.

Riddle me this...if Randle was our best player last season, why weren’t teams already focusing on him?

Seems to me that his life gets easier if he’s surrounded with more talent.

I guess they were too busy focusing on Ennis. Seriously, when they started doubling him all the time that the staff spent working with him passing out of the double began to pay off.

You're comparing the tail end of the regular season when nobody gives a (bleep) to the playoffs? I assumed that was the context we were discussing.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Based on watching Wiggins... I want us to proceed very cautiously about paying him more than 15 million. I'm not saying he won't eventually be worth more... but if he doesn't develop a midrange or three... we are going to be stuck like they are with an athletic but limited player.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Based on watching Wiggins... I want us to proceed very cautiously about paying him more than 15 million. I'm not saying he won't eventually be worth more... but if he doesn't develop a midrange or three... we are going to be stuck like they are with an athletic but limited player.

Wiggins doesn't have the same work ethic. He only cares about video games and if the coach calls him out at practice or with the media he shuts down.

JR showed he can put in work and he got called out by the coach and he stepped up.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Wiggins doesn't have the same work ethic. He only cares about video games and if the coach calls him out at practice or with the media he shuts down.

JR showed he can put in work and he got called out by the coach and he stepped up.

I would agree Randle has more heart and effort than Wiggins... but limitations are still limitations.

Proceed with caution is all I'm saying.
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Aike wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Remember, he dominated among our current team- he would get shut down if teams focused on him more and embiid totally dominated him, he's too short against real centers.
For that reason, if we get any two of: KL, PG, or lebron I'd rather spend jules money on brook...

Jules' proclivity to go and finish left I think is something opposing coaching would really focus on.

Riddle me this...if Randle was our best player last season, why weren’t teams already focusing on him?

They were. Some people just like to shut their eyes when he's double and triple teamed every game.

HMMM, I didn't close my eyes when embiid played jules one on one and crushed him...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Aike wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

They were. Some people just like to shut their eyes when he's double and triple teamed every game.

HMMM, I didn't close my eyes when embiid played jules one on one and crushed him...

You closed your eyes in the rematch then when Randle defended him better than Lopez, posterized him, and stopped him defensively down the stretch when the game was close.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't touch Wiggins. He's nothing more than a younger Rudy Gay. I'll pass on that>
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

At this point the FO should be high on keeping Jules. He's put in
the work and it shows. I don't think he's a Max player but he will
get paid; not sure by whom.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: