Hopefully a KG deal is in the making
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
All kidding aside...

I've heard its someone from the Eastern Conference. Its not a big man. It is a BIG name. Its from left field (meaning, you would be SHOCKED to hear the name). Lakers fans, couldn't deny the talent... but would wonder about the fit.

Nothing more I want to say, as I wouldn't want info moving to other boards and a trade with some serious legs, trashed before it happens.

That has to be Steve Francis
Afro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Afro wrote:
Check this out...

http://www2.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=2968817

A pretty fair deal for everyone!

Lakers:

Mihm
Garnett
George
Bryant
Parker/Dickau

(---> Odom, Brown, Medvedenko, Green)

Celtics:

LaFrentz
Odom/Madsen
Szczerbiak/Green
McCants
West

(---> Pierce, Dickau)

Magic:

Howard
Milicic/Medvedenko
Turkoglu
Pierce/Hassell
Nelson/Jaric

(---> Francis, Hill, Vazquez)

Timberwolves:

Brown
Griffin/Vazquez
Hill
Davis
Francis

(---> Garnett, Jaric, Hassell, Madsen, McCants)

PICKS CAN BE INCLUDED

(Invisible text)

Wow that would be the biggest trade ever(counting players)

Not sure about that. How many players were involved in the Miami, Memphis, Boston, Utah, New Orleans deal in summer? 13?
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
JD wrote:
All kidding aside...

I've heard its someone from the Eastern Conference. Its not a big man. It is a BIG name. Its from left field (meaning, you would be SHOCKED to hear the name). Lakers fans, couldn't deny the talent... but would wonder about the fit.

Nothing more I want to say, as I wouldn't want info moving to other boards and a trade with some serious legs, trashed before it happens.

It might be Steve Francis, if his name was coming from left field and was shocking. But I believe we've been talking about that, for a couple of days.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject:

KG

Mitch can't pull of a trade for a superstar, let alone an franchise player like KG.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject:

Eastern Conference...Big name...wonder about the fit??

Paul Pierce
AI
Starbury
Franchise

The only one of those guys that sounds even slightly attractive is Pierce.
Braaten
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
JD wrote:
All kidding aside...

It might be Steve Francis, if his name was coming from left field and was shocking. But I believe we've been talking about that, for a couple of days.

your comments only lead to one name.. Allen Iverson! (and i would wonder about the fit)
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject:

al252257 wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
JD wrote:

Might be 2 late 4 that, check CL.

WHat did they say at CL?? Link?

There were several people talking about Francis and TMac, I did my best to stop them so they don't ruin it for the rest of us. I kept posting "Lock this Thread", and people were saying that I was personally attacking them so they locked the thread.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject:

They were also saying go to LG when its back up and read it for yourself in the SB.

Last edited by lakersfreak on Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
WestCCa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject:

Braaten wrote:
JD wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
JD wrote:
All kidding aside...

your comments only lead to one name.. Allen Iverson! (and i would wonder about the fit)

Actually, a name that comes to mind for me is Paul Pierce. He's been considered to be on the block for a while now off and on.

It would certainly be out of left field, and there would be a question as to whether or not he and Kobe could co-exist.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
KG

Mitch can't pull of a trade for a superstar, let alone an franchise player like KG.

Umm...did he? He didn't because he can't. However, that's not his fault. We all know KG is unrealistic.

There's a reason why Mitch is bashed and hated. Don't act like he just signed a superstar or something.

We can hope....but I think most of us know that nothing will happen...with Mitch running the show.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
al252257 wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
JD wrote:

There were several people talking about Francis and TMac, I did my best to stop them so they don't ruin it for the rest of us. I kept posting "Lock this Thread", and people were saying that I was personally attacking them so they locked the thread.

Didn't JD say Eastern Conference?
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
al252257 wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
JD wrote:

Yes, but there was a guy saying that he got "privelaged" info from the skybox overhere that there was a 3 team deal to get T-Mac. If that is so the guy should have just kept quit. I for one think it is BS, but if there is even a 20% chance of that being true, then everybody should stay quiet until something happens.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
All kidding aside...

Paul Pierce
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject:

Well, my post just changed by itself! I am staying quiet until Feb. 23rd. So long guys.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

62 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
KG

Umm...did he? He didn't because he can't. However, that's not his fault. We all know KG is unrealistic.

There's a reason why Mitch is bashed and hated. Don't act like he just signed a superstar or something.

We can hope....but I think most of us know that nothing will happen...with Mitch running the show.

Ofccourse it won't.

Hell will freeze over before Mitch can deliver. So why people even get caught up in this - especially the ones that hate on Mitch all day - is beyond me.

MK can't deliver lemonade to a man dieing of thirst is what I read around here.

Now you expect a big name to drop here?

Sure ....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Hell will freeze over before Mitch can deliver.

Well according to Dante the 9th Circle of Hell is frozen over. So...

Quote:
So why people even get caught up in this - especially the ones that hate on Mitch all day - is beyond me.

Because there are mutliple bosses in the front office.

Quote:
MK can't deliver lemonade to a man dieing of thirst is what I read around here.

No, Mitch would, in fact, deliver lemonade to a man with severe dehydration, when, in fact, the man needed a gatorade and maybe an IV with electrolytes.

Quote:
Now you expect a big name to drop here?

We don't, the Orlando Sentinel does.
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

guys its obvious. i really think its paul pierce. his contract fits in with the plan. aslo, based on the espn thing you can do a 1 for 1.

imo pierce can be an ahole but i'd take him over lamar any day.
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Hopefully a KG deal is in the making

saidodeh wrote:
I can still remember last year's draft. The Green smokescreen was pretty good. Also the rumored deals that never happened. even the deals that were a handshake away that never happened ( bender).

Smokecreens have become a large part of Mitch's gamplan. And im hoping that the 2007 plan was a smokescreen.

Here's why the 2007 plan will not work--
It cant happen in 2007 because someone decided to extend Brown.
If we trade Odom to make capspace we would be trading the guy who initiates the offense, rebounds better than anyone on the team, and is willing to play second fiddle to Kobe.

If it does happen with this current roster it would be the 2008 plan......
kobe is 30....Phil has to be extended.... and whoever the lakers acquire must be taught the triangle from scratch.

So, im hoping the 2007 thing was a smokescreen. Maybe it is. KG HAS to want out. He has davis next to him. KG will be missing th playoffs again..... then next year, sadly, he will only be older.

What if the whole 07 plan was BS? What if the Laker orgaization is trying to land KG or some other good big? Duncan is untouchable..... Shaq, well it won't happen......Bynum, we alrerady have him...lol... KG makes the most sense.

And where would KG want to land?????

In LA he would be able to play with Kobe. His window of opportunity for a championship would be 5-6 years. If Bynum develops, even longer.

In the offseason, plenty of players would want to land in LA ( like Finley and Van Exel landing in SA for almost nothing last year)

Garnett will end his career as a Great. There is no doubt. But im sure at this point in his career he wants a championship.

lets get in Minnetsota's shoes for a sec....
they have an awesome peice in KG.
they have Ricky Davis, who seems to be playing good lately.
And a Laker-type roster after that.......
they want to move Jaric...... Hassel is a good defender for them.

The Lakers are in a similar situation.

The Lakers and Timberwolves can remain how they are, make the playoffs 2 out of three years, and waste their superstars in their primes....
This sounds a lot like Philladelphia with Iverson.

The Lakers will not move Kobe. However, i think the Timberwolves will deal Garnett within one year. Superstars have to AT LEAST make the playoffs or they will be fed up. Allen Iverson makes the playoffs. Garnett doesnt.

Minnetsota will not have to worry about dealing KG to the west because if they choose to do so, they will be on rebuilding mode anyways. By the time they plan to be good enough to earn a top 5 spot in the west KG will be around 35-36 years old and declining.

I believe it is possible.

PS-- I wonder what was going through KG's mind as Kobe scored 81 points in one night..... Maybe he thought very deeply thet night.......

Get Francis and/or someone else and maybe we could tempt them...it would have to be with Brown and others...but it never hurts to try does it???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject:

well i know buss has saved alot of money right now. but how useful would brian grants contract be right now. i mean i know he would have 1 more year left but it still could be used in massive trades for teams wanting to get rid of long term deals and have there own 2007 plan in place not to mention vlades 5 million

that would be an addtional 20 million to make a splash with
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
al252257 wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
JD wrote:

Yes, but there was a guy saying that he got "privelaged" info from the ESPN Message Boards overhere that there was a 3 team deal to get T-Mac. If that is so the guy should have just kept quit. I for one think it is BS, but if there is even a 20% chance of that being true, then everybody should stay quiet until something happens.

ESPN Boards?
Bystander
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

ESPN Boards is filter replacement in this board for something else
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
We're not getting KG, let's move on already

angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
We're not getting KG, let's move on already

Gov. Arnie has been trying to find a way to get people to move out of the state.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: