If PG and LBJ get eliminated in first round?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: If PG and LBJ get eliminated in first round?

Utah just beat OKC to go up to two 2-1 in the series. Yesterday Indiana beat Cleveland and went up 2-1 in their series. If LBJ and PG get eliminated in the first round will that increase the likelihood that they both leave their teams?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Of course.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Of course it increases the likelihood.

No guarantee of anything.
AutumnWind
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

I think both are gone for sure but with the Sixers looking good I think LBJ heads there. We are definitely getting PG though
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

AutumnWind wrote:
I think both are gone for sure but with the Sixers looking good I think LBJ heads there. We are definitely getting PG though

Yup, I can see this happening (unless Houston finds some way to snag Lebron to join Harden and CP3).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

AutumnWind wrote:

So I thought LeBron wouldn’t pull a Durant?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
AutumnWind wrote:

Durant went to the team that beat him. The Cavs are playing Indy in the first round, not Philly.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

AutumnWind wrote:

My feeling as well.wonder how we fill out the roster if we get PG13 and resign JR.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AutumnWind wrote:

Durant went to the team that beat him. The Cavs are playing Indy in the first round, not Philly.

Gotcha, but I’m one of few who doesn’t think it matters..
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
AutumnWind wrote:

My feeling as well.wonder how we fill out the roster if we get PG13 and resign JR.
I would definitely keep Lopez, he's a good fit next to Randle.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
AutumnWind wrote:

I would definitely keep Lopez, he's a good fit next to Randle.

I could see Lopez coming back.

No way IT is back unless its a 1 year huge contract. He swallowed his pride for a couple months and came off the bench but hes not doing it for an entire season and Lonzo isn't playing SG.

Frye would be a nice fit and a realistic possibility

Maybe a vet pg like jack?
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

And don't you think that the Spurs are going to dump Kawhi? Can't imagine Pop wanting him back after what the team and he himself have gone through this year.

I honestly believe it's going to be the first two of these guys who get out and commit to us for next season.

I also don't think we should dump all our youngsters to sign all three of these guys. I would rather see us build a team that has a mix of age groups. That way as the team ages, they have guys who can take over.

My dream would be to see us sign PG and Kawhi but I think logistically this will be more difficult than signing PG and Lebron.

Could you imagine:

C: Randle, Bryant, Zubac
PF: Kawhi, BI, Kuzma
SF: George, BI, Kuzma
SG: Hart, George, Kuzma
PG: Ball, BI
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

While it will certainly make them question - staying with their current team, why would a team that has not made the playoffs look like an attractive landing spot?

(And: "Because the Lakers have salary cap space" is not a valid reason...)
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Well, they'd have a lot of time to text each other.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I personally believe LeBron is 100% gone from Cleveland and it's Houston, Lakers, or Philly.

At first, I thought no way would he consider Philly, but when you start thinking about what that team would look like, holy moly.

Houston to me, if they don't win the ship, is the favorite to sign him. It will be tricky to navigate but Morey is a master of such tasks.

Ironically if we had either of those 2 rosters, I think it would be the forgone conclusion LeBron was coming here and we'd only be discussing which vets to sign to round out the roster. But here we are with the ability to sign LeBron and PG to add to a core of very young but very talented players.

So really, the quicker they lose, the better for us. Hopefully Westbrook goes ham and tries to do it himself which causes OKC to get smoked these next couple games. PG feels like a real likely possibility... win or lose in the first. Obv 1st round is better.
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

I’m watching PG during playoffs...but, he doesn’t seem like max player to me. He’s really good...but, not superstar/max player talent. In regards to KL...SA is not letting him go. When cooler heads sit down...and talk that will be fixed. If I’m SA I ain’t trading KL (superstar) for Ingram and/or Kuzma plus a pick. Now if it was Ben Simmons or porzengis or the rookie in Utah...then let’s talk. The guys I mentioned are game changers...Kuzma and Ingram, we don’t know at this point.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
While it will certainly make them question - staying with their current team, why would a team that has not made the playoffs look like an attractive landing spot?

(And: "Because the Lakers have salary cap space" is not a valid reason...)

Because they have a solid young core who are obviously going to improve.

So look at OKC without PG vs the Lakers. OKC would win less than they are now, so where does that put them?? Around 42 wins? I mean they only won 48 with him. Carmelo is going to stay. Where are they going besides down? I think the Lakers pass them next year with our current team.

Next, the Spurs. They are OK, without Kawhi, they won 47 games. But they are pretty old, Parker, Ginobli and Pau are done. Aldridge is got a couple of years left but they do not look to be in great position to improve. Who wants to live in San Antonio anyhow?? Seriously, I don't at all. If I wanted to move to Texas, I can think of 5 or 6 places I would chose over SA. No offense but truth. Anyhow, they are going to be a little worse next year, I think we pass them too.

Next the Cavs, without Lebron, we will be better next year than them. So yeah, I think all three of these guys are looking at our young core and our front office and the fact that we are in Los Angeles and they are all thinking this could be a step up for them.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
And don't you think that the Spurs are going to dump Kawhi? Can't imagine Pop wanting him back after what the team and he himself have gone through this year.

I honestly believe it's going to be the first two of these guys who get out and commit to us for next season.

I also don't think we should dump all our youngsters to sign all three of these guys. I would rather see us build a team that has a mix of age groups. That way as the team ages, they have guys who can take over.

My dream would be to see us sign PG and Kawhi but I think logistically this will be more difficult than signing PG and Lebron.

Could you imagine:

C: Randle, Bryant, Zubac
PF: Kawhi, BI, Kuzma
SF: George, BI, Kuzma
SG: Hart, George, Kuzma
PG: Ball, BI

There’s no way Hart starts over BI, bro lol. Ain’t happening.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject:

Well yeah it's gotta help. The concern was if either of them made the Finals then you'd have to believe they'd resign where they were. A 1st round exit makes it ever more likely they'd leave of course. However neither is down and out yet and you can never count out LeBron but I think if the Cavs go into a 3-1 hole then he doesn't have the firepower on his squad to get out of that one.
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject:

I just don't see LBJ with Houston. I think that they are totally committed to their offense, gunning tons of 3s. I don't see that as attractive to James.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject:

Jenn wrote:
I just don't see LBJ with Houston. I think that they are totally committed to their offense, gunning tons of 3s. I don't see that as attractive to James.

I'm the same with the 76ers. Apart from the location people always seem to forget the Sixers would have to renounce all of their FA and trade away Bayless just to sign him. You only uproot your team that much if you know before hand he is coming and I don't think that is how it's going to work for the LBJ sweepstakes because he has so many options. Plus it is a lot of work to sign a guy I'm not sure they really need nor fits. Frankly they just won 52 games with what they have and given the injuries to BOS and the lack luster play of MIL I think they get bounced in the ECF the first time they face a competent team with all of their star players. They have money wrapped up in the young core that's got them this far and they are only going to develop further. Adding a huge max contract just complicates matters when one by one this young players they have need to get paid.

Ironically after years of wrongly selling the Lakers on only location I think that could be the difference here. You get Philly a title and it's a nice story, you get the Lakers a title and you get canonized. I should imagine life is much sweeter rolling around your big ass Brentwood mansion being the toast of Los Angeles than it is doing...whatever the equivalent of that in Philly is.

Only time will tell. Frankly I've gone round in circle in my head so many times now I'm just trying to be at peace with whatever happens. Whatever happens this will be a different and better squad next year; it's just HOW different that is the question.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject:

I’m not even sure I want LBJ. Really don’t want anyone that has to take the ball Out of our PG’s Hands .. so it’s something I go back and forth all
The time .. but I’m sure luke would figure it out .

PG13 or KL would be a perfect fits imo

Last edited by Hydro21 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:58 am; edited 2 times in total
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject:

Unfortunaltely Lebron is coming to La. He is not going to Philthy to play with two young players, one of which is his clone and the other that is made of glass and can never play in back to back games. He will team up with Pg or demand Maginka trades for Kl or both. la has everything he wants, from teaming up with a top veteran, to 4 or 5 up and coming potential star players to Hollywood and his post career.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
I personally believe LeBron is 100% gone from Cleveland and it's Houston, Lakers, or Philly.

At first, I thought no way would he consider Philly, but when you start thinking about what that team would look like, holy moly.

Houston to me, if they don't win the ship, is the favorite to sign him. It will be tricky to navigate but Morey is a master of such tasks.

Ironically if we had either of those 2 rosters, I think it would be the forgone conclusion LeBron was coming here and we'd only be discussing which vets to sign to round out the roster. But here we are with the ability to sign LeBron and PG to add to a core of very young but very talented players.

So really, the quicker they lose, the better for us. Hopefully Westbrook goes ham and tries to do it himself which causes OKC to get smoked these next couple games. PG feels like a real likely possibility... win or lose in the first. Obv 1st round is better.

Lakers have two max slots by just stretching deng and losing Randle. Their pitch isn’t to come here alone. It’s to come here and play with a good young core and another all star (George). Plus the Lakers would still have the assets to land a 3rd guy.

I actually think Philly making a deep run makes lebron look worse going there. Also wasn’t his entire thing going to LA because he can be a mogul, live in his mansion and his wife wants to move. Philly is another Cleveland.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

AutumnWind wrote:

I think Simmons and Lebron could eventually work but is far from ideal as they both basically want to do the same thing and aren't good off the ball.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: