If PG and LBJ get eliminated in first round?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
AutumnWind wrote:
I think both are gone for sure but with the Sixers looking good I think LBJ heads there. We are definitely getting PG though

I think Simmons and Lebron could eventually work but is far from ideal as they both basically want to do the same thing and aren't good off the ball.

The scary thing is PG13 taking Reddick's spot
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

captain jack wrote:
I’m watching PG during playoffs...but, he doesn’t seem like max player to me. He’s really good...but, not superstar/max player talent. In regards to KL...SA is not letting him go. When cooler heads sit down...and talk that will be fixed. If I’m SA I ain’t trading KL (superstar) for Ingram and/or Kuzma plus a pick. Now if it was Ben Simmons or porzengis or the rookie in Utah...then let’s talk. The guys I mentioned are game changers...Kuzma and Ingram, we don’t know at this point.

He’s a max player in the sense that it will probably take the max to sign him. But he is a second option max player at best.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
I’m not even sure I want LBJ. Really don’t want anyone that has to take the ball Out of our PG’s Hands .. so it’s something I go back and forth all
The time .. but I’m sure luke would figure it out .

PG13 or KL would be a perfect fits imo

Our PG plays better off the ball in the half court. I don't really see the conflict.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

captain jack wrote:
I’m watching PG during playoffs...but, he doesn’t seem like max player to me. He’s really good...but, not superstar/max player talent. In regards to KL...SA is not letting him go. When cooler heads sit down...and talk that will be fixed. If I’m SA I ain’t trading KL (superstar) for Ingram and/or Kuzma plus a pick. Now if it was Ben Simmons or porzengis or the rookie in Utah...then let’s talk. The guys I mentioned are game changers...Kuzma and Ingram, we don’t know at this point.

I like George, and want the Lakers to max him, but he perfectly illustrates how signing Lebron at $36mill is a friggin' bargain.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
While it will certainly make them question - staying with their current team, why would a team that has not made the playoffs look like an attractive landing spot?

(And: "Because the Lakers have salary cap space" is not a valid reason...)

Because they have a solid young core who are obviously going to improve.

So look at OKC without PG vs the Lakers. OKC would win less than they are now, so where does that put them?? Around 42 wins? I mean they only won 48 with him. Carmelo is going to stay. Where are they going besides down? I think the Lakers pass them next year with our current team.

Next, the Spurs. They are OK, without Kawhi, they won 47 games. But they are pretty old, Parker, Ginobli and Pau are done. Aldridge is got a couple of years left but they do not look to be in great position to improve. Who wants to live in San Antonio anyhow?? Seriously, I don't at all. If I wanted to move to Texas, I can think of 5 or 6 places I would chose over SA. No offense but truth. Anyhow, they are going to be a little worse next year, I think we pass them too.

Next the Cavs, without Lebron, we will be better next year than them. So yeah, I think all three of these guys are looking at our young core and our front office and the fact that we are in Los Angeles and they are all thinking this could be a step up for them.

Great points, you convinced me...!
Daiei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

1 loss away and PG is a Laker for sure...

LET'S GO!!!
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

I have no issues signing PG to the max. I mean Boston has two guys arguably worse than PG signed to max deals.

Problem is that these FAs are worth exactly the max while guys like KD and Lebron are worth way more than the max. But you need guys like that just to make your team competitive and attactive to a guy like Lebron or Kawhi. We fortunate not to have to give up assets to get him.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

If they both lose their first round series, I would put Paul George's chances of coming to the Lakers 80%, OKC 10%, Clippers 5% and Philly 5%.

Lebron James 30% to Philly, 25% to Rockets, 20% to Lakers, 20% to Cavs, 5% to Clippers

Last edited by chekmatex4 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

I'm not getting my hopes up with Pg13 til we actually sign him. Who knows what he'll do
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

I think PG is a done deal at this point. Ain't no future in OKC and LA is home.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

He's been a done deal here since last year. Nothing was gonna change that. Only difference is now with them about to lose already, hes looking on Trulia for a new home in LA.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:

He’s a max player in the sense that it will probably take the max to sign him. But he is a second option max player at best.

I think the best teams in the league are showing us that you don't want a first and second option. You want top tier talent buying into a team concept. George fits that perfectly.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Im good with randle+george and wait for kawhi in ‘19
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Same here.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

It's still one of the strangest things we've ever seen in the NBA where a player not only informed his team that he wasn't coming back, but even went as far as telling them what team he planned to leave them for. That speaks to how strong his desire was to play for the Lakers. A desire that strong wouldn't die easily. OKC would have to have an impressive postseason run. If they can't climb out of this 3-1 hole and lose in the first round, it's all but certain that he's gone.

And yes, if he leaves it'll be to join the Lakers. People bring up Philly, but there's never been any indication that he’ll be seriously considering other teams. It'll ultimately be a two-team race for his services this summer. I'm sure he’ll give OKC the last meeting since that's the right thing to do, but it won't matter in the end.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:16 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
AutumnWind wrote:
I think both are gone for sure but with the Sixers looking good I think LBJ heads there. We are definitely getting PG though

So I thought LeBron wouldn’t pull a Durant?

I thought Durant pulled a Lebron personally.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:22 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
mookielala wrote:

It's still one of the strangest things we've ever seen in the NBA where a player not only informed his team that he wasn't coming back, but even went as far as telling them what team he planned to leave them for.

Dwight Howard and the Brooklyn Nets.

He told not just his team, but the media, he wouldn't be back, and he wanted to go to the Brooklyn Nets.

Thus they put him on the market, the Lakers took him on, in a stress filled year where every shortcoming there were teams lucking their chops to get at him and take him from us for our folly of not taking him to a Championship. Once Kobe went down, they got even happier. Nets fans were celebrating getting Dwight Howard once it became apparent the Lakers wouldn't take him far.

The off-season came. He signed with Houston.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:

He'll probably be traded elsewhere before though.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject:

Lebron is not losing in the 1st Round.....and I will say that until the final horn sounds in his 4th loss in the series....I just cannot see it happening. In regards to PG-13, I really hope he chooses to sign with the Lakers, but I am not convinced....or even think it is more likely than not for several reasons....

1. Everything that has been said or written since he went to OKC points to him developing a close relationship with Russ and enjoying OKC.

2. All of our players that are ready to contribute to a contender are FA's.....if Randle chooses to leave for a large offer, and we are unable to sign another star player....PG is not coming to LA to play with Lonzo and Ingram.

3. OKC is going to sell hard on Roberson returning, and moderate improvements they will make to their roster.....they are a lot closer than the Lakers to contending.

4. George went out of his way to claim the results of this season will not impact where he signs next season.

#FingersCrossed
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:

Or Randle+Georege and then Klay in '19. Either route works for me.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject:

^ I think it presupposes so much without balancing all the pros of being a Laker, and also disregarding the not so well kept secret that he has long coveted being a Laker (ask his Pacers teammates).

Sure, as the incumbent team, there are some advantages, but I think PG13 has more than just an on-court perspective. It's more global and I think he wants to finally settle down. Hard to see that being OKC.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:

Plus One

I dont like KL's mystery injury.

Dont like the idea of giving up anything for a possible kawaightmare.

And I LOVE the idea of making the Warriors weaker while attracting elite shooting and defense.

I think our targets should be PG and Jules and BroLo...back up PG...get ready for the best season since 2010.

#BannersOverBillboards
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:

Plus One

I dont like KL's mystery injury.

Dont like the idea of giving up anything for a possible kawaightmare.

And I LOVE the idea of making the Warriors weaker while attracting elite shooting and defense.

I think our targets should be PG and Jules and BroLo...back up PG...get ready for the best season since 2010.

+1

I understand the need to make a play for LBJ, but won't be crying in my beer if it doesn't happen, especially not at the expense of Jules. PG, Klay, plus our young core in two years would challenge any team in the league.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

Some longshots, but guys like Klay and Butler are also FAs in 2019. Butler is a bit old for this team's window, but I could totally see him leaving the TWolves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: