If PG and LBJ get eliminated in first round?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

So if Trevor Ariza averaged 27/6 against the Jazz while shooting 42% from 3, he'd get PG13 money?

Demar Derozan part 2.
LG loves pretending we're too good for all star free agents. I just don't get it.

PG13 is worth whatever it takes for him to come here.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Some longshots, but guys like Klay and Butler are also FAs in 2019. Butler is a bit old for this team's window, but I could totally see him leaving the TWolves.

Butler might be an option but Klay and everyone around him has said he is going nowhere.

I've wanted a Butler/PG13 tandem for years now. I'd be happy with that result. VERY happy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Some longshots, but guys like Klay and Butler are also FAs in 2019. Butler is a bit old for this team's window, but I could totally see him leaving the TWolves.

Butler might be an option but Klay and everyone around him has said he is going nowhere.

I've wanted a Butler/PG13 tandem for years now. I'd be happy with that result. VERY happy.

Yeah that would be a nice squad. Butler would be 30-34 during his contract though.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah that would be a nice squad. Butler would be 30-34 during his contract though.

It isn’t like he has had Thibs run him into the ground or anything
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So if Trevor Ariza averaged 27/6 against the Jazz while shooting 42% from 3, he'd get PG13 money?

Demar Derozan part 2.
LG loves pretending we're too good for all star free agents. I just don't get it.

Exactly. "Derozan is good, but he's not MAX money good!"

DD is for real. He made the right choice, ultimately. I hope PG13 comes to the Lakers because IMO, he makes the Lakers better than the team he would be leaving. I believe that even without a second max player this Summer.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

PG is definitely worth the max and would fit great on our team, skill-wise, experience-wise, age-wise. Feels like I've been waiting for him to sign for 2 years now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's true. But he didn't enter the league until age 22. And he barely played his rookie year.
So, I wouldn't expect a steep decline in productivity if we got him.

And having two elite 2-way players at the wings would be great. I'd be surprised if we weren't a top 5 defensive team.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's true. But he didn't enter the league until age 22. And he barely played his rookie year.

yeah, Butler is about 1/2 year older than PG, but has less miles...

PG - Regular Season - 527 Games Playoffs - 69 Games
Butler - Regular Season - 458 Games Playoffs - 42 Games

that is over an entire NBA season worth of games
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
How much is PG's max? $25 mil/yr?

23. What is the maximum salary a player can receive? Are there exceptions to the maximum salary?

Quote:

Years in NBA.............Defined maximum salary
0 - 6...........................25% of cap
7 - 9...........................30% of cap
10+............................35% of cap
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:19 am    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
PG is not worth a max deal. He is averaging 27 b/c he has a match up advantage, against the Jazz. His team is down 3-1, against the Jazz.
He's too inconsistent,especially defensively. If you cant say for certain that this player will give you a certain level of performance night in and night out, then I'm sorry he is not worth a max deal. With a max deal player you know what you are going to get. Kobe, lebron, Shaq, every other max deal superstar guy you knew what you were going to get. PG is not that guy. Sorry.

A few points

1) PG is going to get a max type deal, nothing less. So what you're really saying is you don't want the Lakers to even pursue PG.

2) You mentioned Shaq, Kobe, and LeBron as worthy of max type contracts. Any of those types you think the Lakers can realistically sign in the near future?

3) So if the Lakers don't pursue PG this offseason, and Shaq, Kobe, LeBron types aren't really available to sign, what would you do w/ the cap space?
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
PG is not worth a max deal. He is averaging 27 b/c he has a match up advantage, against the Jazz. His team is down 3-1, against the Jazz.
He's too inconsistent,especially defensively. If you cant say for certain that this player will give you a certain level of performance night in and night out, then I'm sorry he is not worth a max deal. With a max deal player you know what you are going to get. Kobe, lebron, Shaq, every other max deal superstar guy you knew what you were going to get. PG is not that guy. Sorry.

A few points

1) PG is going to get a max type deal, nothing less. So what you're really saying is you don't want the Lakers to even pursue PG.

2) You mentioned Shaq, Kobe, and LeBron as worthy of max type contracts. Any of those types you think the Lakers can realistically sign in the near future?

3) So if the Lakers don't pursue PG this offseason, and Shaq, Kobe, LeBron types aren't really available to sign, what would you do w/ the cap space?

Give it to mediocre players and forever be a mediocre team........no thanks.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

A few points

Who says PG13 is a mediocre player? He may not be top 15, but that doesn't make you "mediocre."

I'd say he's on the cusp of all-NBA teams on the Lakers next year, a top 20 player still. That's not mediocre.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Demar Derozan part 2.

Exactly. "Derozan is good, but he's not MAX money good!"

DD is for real. He made the right choice, ultimately. I hope PG13 comes to the Lakers because IMO, he makes the Lakers better than the team he would be leaving. I believe that even without a second max player this Summer.

Y'all think DD would've push the team to the 8th seed this season compared to KCP? prob would attract another max FA easier this summer?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

A few points

Who says PG13 is a mediocre player? He may not be top 15, but that doesn't make you "mediocre."

I'd say he's on the cusp of all-NBA teams on the Lakers next year, a top 20 player still. That's not mediocre.

I think PG13 is worth our max $, let's count how many better wing players beside him:
LeBron
KD
Giannis
Harden
Kawhi
?Oladipo?
?Beal?
?WB?
?Klay?
?Butler?
?McCollum?
?Hayward?
?Tatum/Brown?
?Booker?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject:

If you're lost in a desert and dying of thirst, what is the price you would pay for a gallon of Gatorade?

You can say in a "vacuum" it's only worth $3, but considering circumstances, you'd pay $100 for it.

We've been in a top line talent desert for years. So saying that PG13 "isn't worth a max" is like saying that you'd only play $3 for a Gatorade or just continue dying of thirst.

Thankfully, PG13 IMO is worth a max contract from a talent level, let alone what he would do in terms of being a gateway to bring in another max level FA.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

A few points

Nobody called PG mediocre. MY response was to statement number 3.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

A few points

I think PG13 is worth our max $, let's count how many better wing players beside him:
LeBron
KD
Giannis
Harden
Kawhi
?Oladipo?
?Beal?
?WB?
?Klay?
?Butler?
?McCollum?
?Hayward?
?Tatum/Brown?
?Booker?

How many are FAs?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

A few points

LeBron
KD
Giannis
Harden
Kawhi
?Oladipo?
?Beal?
?WB?
?Klay?
?Butler?
?McCollum?
?Hayward?
?Tatum/Brown?
?Booker?

How many are FAs?

exactly, more argument over PG13 is a max FA
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject:

I also think PG13 in OKC's offense isn't the idealized offense for him.

Drooling over how PG13 would look with Lonzo/Luke's system. How many open 3s did we see KCP get in that system? Add PG13 who is a more consistent and deadly 3 point shooter to the mix.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject:

the two most valuable contracts in the NBA are the highly productive players on rookie contracts, and true max players on a max contract. Due to the CBA, and controlled costs, both types of players provide more value that they are compensated for by teams. I say this to point out that while PG-13 does not provide the value of AD or Durant, I think he clears the bar of being worth a max contract.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
the two most valuable contracts in the NBA are the highly productive players on rookie contracts, and true max players on a max contract. Due to the CBA, and controlled costs, both types of players provide more value that they are compensated for by teams. I say this to point out that while PG-13 does not provide the value of AD or Durant, I think he clears the bar of being worth a max contract.

Right. If you were the Warriors in 2016, and choosing b/w KD or PG13, then yes, one can debate in context, which is more "deserving" of a max deal.

But that's not the case here for the Lakers in July.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:19 am    Post subject:

Guess LBJ and PG not following the script
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

OKC followed script about perfectly. Half ways there now!
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

PASS ON PAUL GEORGE
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Cavs lose in the 1st round and we'll have an entire 2 months of nonstop free agency talk.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: