If PG and LBJ get eliminated in first round?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Some longshots, but guys like Klay and Butler are also FAs in 2019. Butler is a bit old for this team's window, but I could totally see him leaving the TWolves.

Butler might be an option but Klay and everyone around him has said he is going nowhere.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Some longshots, but guys like Klay and Butler are also FAs in 2019. Butler is a bit old for this team's window, but I could totally see him leaving the TWolves.

Butler might be an option but Klay and everyone around him has said he is going nowhere.

Butler wasn't enthused when he was traded to the TWolves. And given their playoff failure with Thibs at the helm, he's probably the more realistic of the two (Klay v. Butler). He's going to be 30 by the start of the 2019 NBA season, so a 4 year deal at the max would be quite costly (as opposed to PG13 getting a 4 year deal at the max at age 28 at the start of the 2018 NBA season).
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

captain jack wrote:
I’m watching PG during playoffs...but, he doesn’t seem like max player to me. He’s really good...but, not superstar/max player talent. In regards to KL...SA is not letting him go. When cooler heads sit down...and talk that will be fixed. If I’m SA I ain’t trading KL (superstar) for Ingram and/or Kuzma plus a pick. Now if it was Ben Simmons or porzengis or the rookie in Utah...then let’s talk. The guys I mentioned are game changers...Kuzma and Ingram, we don’t know at this point.

Bingo. PG gets Trevor Ariza money, at best ( if we were to judge him solely on his current playoff performance)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
captain jack wrote:
I’m watching PG during playoffs...but, he doesn’t seem like max player to me. He’s really good...but, not superstar/max player talent. In regards to KL...SA is not letting him go. When cooler heads sit down...and talk that will be fixed. If I’m SA I ain’t trading KL (superstar) for Ingram and/or Kuzma plus a pick. Now if it was Ben Simmons or porzengis or the rookie in Utah...then let’s talk. The guys I mentioned are game changers...Kuzma and Ingram, we don’t know at this point.

Bingo. PG gets Trevor Ariza money, at best ( if we were to judge him solely on his current playoff performance)

So if Trevor Ariza averaged 27/6 against the Jazz while shooting 42% from 3, he'd get PG13 money?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
captain jack wrote:

which is what i told lgers awhile back. i like pg a lot. and he's a very nice 2 way player. but is he truly a max guy?

its not looking like it.

in addition. what you could do for the spurs i get pg. then flip him to the spurs for KL(if you know for a fact he's healthy and just wants out. thats as straight up 1 to 1 trade. You dont have to give the spurs anything else. take it or leave it deal. there will be no other deal that good. anything else out there will be some nice picks and other players to match the money of a KL.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

PG is averaging 27-6-2 on 62 TS% with 45-43-92 splits in the playoffs and we have people saying he should only get Ariza money(7-8 million a year). Absolutely ridiculous.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

If I were a psychologist... PG is the type of guy who has a hard time saying no or letting someone down... so subconsciously maybe he'd rather lose thinking somehow that Russ would more easily let him off the hook if they went out early... then if they made a deep run.

My point being, that maybe he's playing with less intensity because he wants out and doesn't even quite know it.

The contrast in the two game press conferences was amazing... the Utah vibe was light, with four guys giggling and having the time of their lives and the OKC felt like three guys at a criminal trial awaiting sentencing.

And Paul was like the guy going down for the other two when he didn't even do the crime.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
PG is averaging 27-6-2 on 62 TS% with 45-43-92 splits in the playoffs and we have people saying he should only get Ariza money(7-8 million a year). Absolutely ridiculous.

It's ridiculous, then we have folks chiming for Boogie. Come on.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

yes Ridiculous. PG is definitely a max player. He cant help it that there's 2 other ball dominant players cramping his style.
I hope he realizes that with him on the Lakers is a better team now and definitely much better in the coming seasons compared to him staying with OKC.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

I put the over/under on "who can we trade Paul George for on December 15th when the trade restriction lifts" thread at 7 games into the season. It'll probably be a poster that hasn't visited the forum in a couple years and just came back onto the bandwagon after a successful summer spending spree.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

PG is not worth a max deal. He is averaging 27 b/c he has a match up advantage, against the Jazz. His team is down 3-1, against the Jazz.
He's too inconsistent,especially defensively. If you cant say for certain that this player will give you a certain level of performance night in and night out, then I'm sorry he is not worth a max deal. With a max deal player you know what you are going to get. Kobe, lebron, Shaq, every other max deal superstar guy you knew what you were going to get. PG is not that guy. Sorry.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
PG is not worth a max deal. He is averaging 27 b/c he has a match up advantage, against the Jazz. His team is down 3-1, against the Jazz.
He's too inconsistent,especially defensively. If you cant say for certain that this player will give you a certain level of performance night in and night out, then I'm sorry he is not worth a max deal. With a max deal player you know what you are going to get. Kobe, lebron, Shaq, every other max deal superstar guy you knew what you were going to get. PG is not that guy. Sorry.

Lebron is tied 2-2. Is he worth a max deal?

Or when he was down 2-1, was he worth a max deal then?

This is market-driven, and he is absolutely worth a max deal.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

How much is PG's max? $25 mil/yr?
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

Sorry. Not in my book. Not worth it. Would be a waste of money. Market driven BS aside, I'd rather pay 3 decent players than one PG.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

Sorry. Not in my book. Not worth it. Would be a waste of money. Market driven BS aside, I'd rather pay 3 decent players than one PG.

It's not BS, that's how FA actually works. It's all constrained by market value, salary cap, etc.

LBJ or KD would probably get 75m/year but it doesn't work that way.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

After watching game 4 last night, PG would have to be nuts to resign with the Thunder. The problem can't be fixed there much like the Clippers of the past few years. Now, this does't mean that he is a lock for the Lakers, but he would certainly fit.

The Thunder are built wrong and have a poor team attitude.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

It's not BS, that's how FA actually works. It's all constrained by market value, salary cap, etc.

You and I tend to agree on most things over the years and I definitely respect your opinion. I was not intending to call your post BS so apologies to you if you took it that way.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

You and I tend to agree on most things over the years and I definitely respect your opinion. I was not intending to call your post BS so apologies to you if you took it that way.

None taken.

I get what you're saying, but what a player is "worth" is really determined by market forces. Otherwise, too difficult to predict or even gauge it.

He's not a surefire all-NBA (top 15) player, but I think he's on the outskirts of it on the right team. I would say he's about a 16-18 level player right now in a system that just about sucks for him.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

youcantguardme wrote:
After watching game 4 last night, PG would have to be nuts to resign with the Thunder. The problem can't be fixed there much like the Clippers of the past few years. Now, this does't mean that he is a lock for the Lakers, but he would certainly fit.

I agree that the Thunder absolutely fell apart against the Jazz last night after being manhandled. OKC, as currently constructed is a failed experiment. PG will walk. I dont think he is a max guy that can be the #1 option on his own team so all this talk of him being a max guy is usually lumped in with him being bundled with another top player ( which to me is further indication that he shouldn't be a max guy if you need him as a complementary piece rather than building around him with complementary pieces.)
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
youcantguardme wrote:

I agree that the Thunder absolutely fell apart against the Jazz last night after being manhandled. OKC, as currently constructed is a failed experiment. PG will walk. I dont think he is a max guy that can be the #1 option on his own team so all this talk of him being a max guy is usually lumped in with him being bundled with another top player ( which to me is further indication that he shouldn't be a max guy if you need him as a complementary piece rather than building around him with complementary pieces.)

It's a further indication that Lebron James is a bargain.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
that was a person some what joking.

the truth is, you can't just look at his numbers. ask yourself, are those great numbers helping his team win games? NO

So what is the point of putting up nice numbers if they're not helping you win the game????? thats stat stuffing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:

He will get the max because someone will offer it. He has had one really good game so far in the playoffs and OKC won it. But I doubt that a team will use his playoff performance to determine how much they will offer.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Practice wrote:

the truth is, you can't just look at his numbers. ask yourself, are those great numbers helping his team win games? NO

So what is the point of putting up nice numbers if they're not helping you win the game????? thats stat stuffing.

Westbrook and Melo are playing horribly, so I’m not sure I would say PG isn’t helping the team win and stat padding, just because they’re losing. Even if PG was having the series of his life he would need the other guys to show up.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Practice wrote:

Westbrook and Melo are playing horribly, so I’m not sure I would say PG isn’t helping the team win and stat padding, just because they’re losing.

I wouldn’t blame the losing on George either, though 5 TOs in the first half last night didn’t help. OKC needs to be hot from 3 point land to win.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Practice wrote:

He will get the max because someone will offer it. He has had one really good game so far in the playoffs and OKC won it. But I doubt that a team will use his playoff performance to determine how much they will offer.

Especially this playoff experience. That OKC team is a poorly coached chemistry trainwreck.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: