Jeanie Buss Ranked #1 Best Female Owner Out Of 9 In Sports
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject: Jeanie Buss Ranked #1 Best Female Owner Out Of 9 In Sports

I didn't realize Utah had a woman owner too.

Quote:
God bless Buss. She threw Phil Jackson to the curb before it was cool, and excommunicated the lesser Buss kids after they tried to convince La La Land that Timofey Mozgov and Luol Deng were long-term pieces. She replaced them with Magic Johnson and a born-again-evangelist-Rob-Lowe-look-a-like, who might just actually be Rob Lowe, moves which are already paying huge dividends for the franchise. Buss’ spot atop this list is already well-deserved, as she flexed when she needed to in order to end years of family drama, and quickly righted the Lakers’ ship, after years of bumbling and futility.

https://grandstandcentral.com/best-women-owners-pro-sports-37a32b603f18
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject:

Definitely well deserved!
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

co owner
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

Are they going to do a "male owner" ranking too ? Sorry but that's dumb. She's an owner.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

To think I called her a dumb spoiled brat.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
Are they going to do a "male owner" ranking too ? Sorry but that's dumb. She's an owner.

They have been doing male owners since the beginning of time. Let the ladies have their shine.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

Are there really only 9 female owners in American pro sports? Sad.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

Vin wrote:

You joking right? Did you literally not read the article and how there are only NINE female owners in all major sports?

Which is pretty low and should hopefully rise higher. Especially in the NBA where there a ton of crappy Male owners that should have no right in owning a sports team like James Dolen, Dan Gilbert, etc.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Vin wrote:

You joking right? Did you literally not read the article and how there are only NINE female owners in all major sports?

Which is pretty low and should hopefully rise higher. Especially in the NBA where there a ton of crappy Male owners that should have no right in owning a sports team like James Dolen, Dan Gilbert, etc.

I think his/her point is that it can be viewed as sexist or dimunitive to a female owner to identify them as a "female" owner in the first place....she is an owner, no more or less so than her male and female counterparts.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Vin wrote:

I think his/her point is that it can be viewed as sexist or dimunitive to a female owner to identify them as a "female" owner in the first place....she is an owner, no more or less so than her male and female counterparts.

The point of the story is they are highlighting the fact that there are only 9 female owners in all of sports, so being a female owner is exceptional in itself, and Jeannie is at the top of the pack. Go Jeannie.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:

Really? Like what?
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Vin wrote:

That was my point, thank you.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

I wish I could retract that click. No matter what you think of Jeanie, that article was a waste of time.

In fact, after that SI fluff piece that made a couple posters orgasmic, I am suspicious that we have an ongoing PR campaign to convince the world that everything is great with the Lakers. If it was aimed at free agents, I would understand. But this does not seem targeted in that way.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Big Game James wrote:

Really? Like what?

Picked the right father.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

Another feather in our cap.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Vin wrote:

The point of the story is they are highlighting the fact that there are only 9 female owners in all of sports, so being a female owner is exceptional in itself, and Jeannie is at the top of the pack. Go Jeannie.

all good....I was just interpreting the posters statement as I did not think it was written to be misogynistic
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

CONGRATULATIONS JB!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

They missed out on a female owner who’s team swept a first round series. Though that is understandable, she only recently became a sole owner. They did screw up big time on omitting Janie Buss and Jerry’s ex, both who own as much of the Lakers as Jeanie does. But who expects accuracy with today’s media.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

Took courage to make the moves to right the ship, and now the Lakers are in a much better place as a result. Very glad Jeanie cares about winning. Way to go!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

FWIW - I looked up her official title on Wikipedia and it says she is controlling owner and president.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

For Jeanie Buss, NBA free agency marks the next step in a resurgence for Lakers

Quote:
"I think it's important as an organization that people understand what you stand for," Lakers owner and president Jeanie Buss said Monday night at the NBA awards ceremony.
"There was a while there where we were a very defensive-minded team, and then we were an offensive-minded team. You really couldn't grasp what Laker basketball was about."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/ct-spt-lakers-free-agency-20180626-story.html
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

Good job Jeanie.
I had my concerns when you first took over.
But those concerns have fluttered away.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

I'd have given it to Gail Miller, tbh, but that could change in a few weeks.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Are there really only 9 female owners in American pro sports? Sad.

10 now, the Pelicans are female owned
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Vin wrote:

I think they should do one for transvestite owners. Wonder who is no. 1?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: