Would you trade BI for Kawhi?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade BI for Kawhi?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 87 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 145

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Pretty much in line with what others have said, assuming Kawhi is fully healthy and no issues then easy answer is yes.

Having said that, there are 2 issues as to why I don’t see it:

1. Spurs will ask for two of Kuzma/Ball/Ingram imo and there is the bitter rivalry from the past factor with Pop.

2. The Lakers FO and coaching staff loves Ingram. I can’t remember, but I want to say it was Pincus in a tweet or on Hollywood Hoops podcast said that Magic really loves Ingram. If I’m wrong, sorry Eric.

Magic won't give away the farm for a player with only one year left on his contract and coming off of a year long injury. It is just not a wise long term move for the franchise.

Magic will and should offer up some draft picks and Zubac or something like that.

And honestly Pop would not make the deal even if it does include BI because the Spurs do not want to help the Lakers. Just like Indy would not make a deal with us for Paul George.

Well obviously the assumption would be that Kawhi is signing long-term deal here.

Agree with you about Pop. SA will make ridiculous demands like Indy and Pritchard, knowing full well that they don’t intend on trading Kawhi to the Lakers.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Surprised Pelton thinks it would only take Ingram and no other assets. The Philly trade he proposed included Fultz, Saric and the 10th pick in the draft. I suppose that says something both about Ingram's value and LA's leverage as a potential preferred FA destination for Kawhi.

Yeah, think that Philly package would be tough to turn down. However, that would eat into Philly's ability to get another max player if they did that trade as Fultz/Saric don't match KL's salary.

if that Philly package is on the table, and the Spurs are trading Kawhi....they choose that over Ingram 100 out of 100 times in my opinion.

come to think of it....screw Kawhi....I would probably send Ingram to Philly for that package....I would have a young extremely high ceiling back court in Ball & Fultz which could be around for a decade or more...I get a 20 year old PF that will be starter level talent for another decade or longer.....and I use that 10th pick on a versatile player like Mikal or Miles Bridges. Hopefully sign PG and Randle......that is a team that is young, talented, and has a load of assets to maybe go after AD if he comes on the market.

Damn, Philly is in a great position right now.

Yes they are. It's my adopted hometown after LA (went to college in Philly) so I've been following the 76ers for a while. Bittersweet to see them have two legit stars right now.

Man, you too Yin? You're like the 3rd current top 5 LG poster with a secondary team. One likes the Magic, one likes the Pelicans, and now you like the Sixers (who's fans hate us for some reason). Not to mention the plethora of new LG Nets fans.😜

I think I'm entitled to root for a 2nd team then. I'll root for OKC to move back to Seattle and become the Sonics again...
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

Hmmmm... do I want to trade away my second #2 pick in two years for no reason other than I'm too impatient to wait one year to acquire a player who wants to come here already...

Or would I rather wait one year... see if he's truly healthy and get him for free.

Incredible that so many can f*ck up this question imo.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
No. I think Ingram is being underestimated on his potential growth over the next 2-3+ years.

Also believe the Lakers should be adding talent to the roster not making trades and lateral moves for minimal improvement at this point. Keep Ingram, let him have another year of growth (hopefully with George on the roster) and then pursue Leonard in free agency.

Include salary into the conversation too.

Ingram $6-9M until RFA in 2020.
Leonard Over $20m this year then player option next. Hopefully they can re-sign him for a max? But no guarantees.

trading 2time DPOY, 2 time ALL NBA Team, FMVP is lateral move?

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Surprised Pelton thinks it would only take Ingram and no other assets. The Philly trade he proposed included Fultz, Saric and the 10th pick in the draft. I suppose that says something both about Ingram's value and LA's leverage as a potential preferred FA destination for Kawhi.

Yeah, think that Philly package would be tough to turn down. However, that would eat into Philly's ability to get another max player if they did that trade as Fultz/Saric don't match KL's salary.

if that Philly package is on the table, and the Spurs are trading Kawhi....they choose that over Ingram 100 out of 100 times in my opinion.

come to think of it....screw Kawhi....I would probably send Ingram to Philly for that package....I would have a young extremely high ceiling back court in Ball & Fultz which could be around for a decade or more...I get a 20 year old PF that will be starter level talent for another decade or longer.....and I use that 10th pick on a versatile player like Mikal or Miles Bridges. Hopefully sign PG and Randle......that is a team that is young, talented, and has a load of assets to maybe go after AD if he comes on the market.

Yes they are. It's my adopted hometown after LA (went to college in Philly) so I've been following the 76ers for a while. Bittersweet to see them have two legit stars right now.

in theory, they should be able to sign KCP and Redick this summer if they choose? They have about $30 Million....could open up a little more with a couple small team options, and even a little more by stretching Bayless. Think they could get up to near $37/$38 Million. I do not see anyone offering Redick a contract like he got this season.....would he take 3 years/$45 Million to stay in Philly?
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

If it only takes Ingram and picks, then HELL YES! I'm very high on BI and his character and work ethic, but his ceiling is what Kawhi already is and that's the best case scenario.

I'm also not too worried about his health either, because he's shown that he's playing it smart and not willing to risk his health and play until he's 100%

If that trade goes down, it essentially guarantees we get 1 of PG/Lebron, and can resign Randle.

Lonzo/??
PG/Hart
KL/Kuzma
Randle
Brook/Bryant/Zu

OR

Lonzo
KL
Lebron
Randle
Brook

That team puts us in immediate contention and as much as I love BI we have to do what's best for the franchise and that team would be impossible to pass up.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
When healthy. Kwame is a top 5 player and a DPOY candidate, so I think it's a no brainer to say yes, because Ingram may never reach that point in his career.

However, I don't think Ingram is done growing as a player, and what I can say is that Ingram was better than Kawhi at the same age. He's got a long way to go.

trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Hmmmm... do I want to trade away my second #2 pick in two years for no reason other than I'm too impatient to wait one year to acquire a player who wants to come here already...

Or would I rather wait one year... see if he's truly healthy and get him for free.

Even if we wait, do we send BI back to the bench? We'd be wasting his potential, so the flip side is why not sell high?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

Of course this trade idea is all predicated on KL being disgruntled and requesting a trade. Just think if the roles were reversed and we had KL and the Spurs had BI. It would kill us to have to trade Kawhi Leonard. It would kill the Spurs to trade a talented up-and-coming young player like Brandon Ingram. But if we had to trade Kawhi Leonard we would be pretty happy if we got Brandon Ingram. We can look at a similar blueprint that happened last year with Kyrie Irving. He had one year left on his contract and ssentially the Cavs got the Brooklyn pick for that trade.

Last edited by 32 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

Imagine if Spurs improve BI's shooting like KL's.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Man, you too Yin? You're like the 3rd current top 5 LG poster with a secondary team. One likes the Magic, one likes the Pelicans, and now you like the Sixers (who's fans hate us for some reason). Not to mention the plethora of new LG Nets fans.😜

I think I'm entitled to root for a 2nd team then. I'll root for OKC to move back to Seattle and become the Sonics again...

not sure it's a true 2nd team....I mean all things equal, I would prefer the Magic do well because its just better when the local team is contending...and most of my friends are Magic fans and more engaged when their team is doing well....but beyond that, I really do not care.....probably watched 3x as many Suns games last year compared to the Magic to watch Josh Jackson.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If this were 2K it would be a no brainer. But I have reservations about the way Kawhi is treating the Spurs with the lack of communication. He seems like a weirdo, which would be fine if he just showed up and played. But no one seems to know what's going on with him. It's really tough. I'd trade Ingram under 2 conditions:

1. Kawhi is healthy and ready to start playing

2. Kawhi himself tells Maginka that he wants to play for the Lakers and would re-sign with us. The last thing you want is to give up a nice prospect for a disgruntled star who doesn't even want to be here and/or bolts in a year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Assuming a clean bill of health, yes. Would really hate to see BI go though.

There is no clean bill of health, so no.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Even if we wait, do we send BI back to the bench? We'd be wasting his potential, so the flip side is why not sell high?

Because we don't need to trade him.

Maybe if Kawhi's people said... we can no longer tolerate it here and we will sign long term with whoever trades for him first... I could see why we would do it... but then you are getting into LeBron like primadonna behavior.

Even if the Spurs traded him... he could deplete some other sucker of their assets and still sign with us next year.

All of this with the added benefit to see if he is truly healthy first.

I can see how some might worry that Kawhi will be swooped away by another team... but if he already said he wants to come here... why weaken a team that has proved it is on the rise?

Some are so desperate to see the team improve immediately... that you are trying to make unnecessary moves that do almost as much damage as you have gain. Sure Kawhi is better than Ingram or Randle... but how much better is a team with all three?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
When healthy. Kwame is a top 5 player and a DPOY candidate, so I think it's a no brainer to say yes, because Ingram may never reach that point in his career.

However, I don't think Ingram is done growing as a player, and what I can say is that Ingram was better than Kawhi at the same age. He's got a long way to go.

Kwame?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Well, it's been tough to root for the 76ers b/c I envy them a bit, mostly Simmons.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

I have a hard time seeing the Spurs trade with the Lakers for some reason.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Like pop not wanting to deal with the West?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

No, take Lonzo and this year's first. BI is like the best looking prospect we've had in a long time. We struck out with DLo and JR so it's less likely that we struck out with BI as well.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

Honestly, I'm not trading with the Spurs at all...It's like dealing with the devil. We are likely going to lose in any scenario. Sign during free agency - (bleep) them.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
No, take Lonzo and this year's first. BI is like the best looking prospect we've had in a long time. We struck out with DLo and JR so it's less likely that we struck out with BI as well.

You are seriously out of check with reality if you think Lonzo has any significant trade value.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

You are seriously out of check with reality if you think Lonzo has any significant trade value.

That's why I included this year's first to sweeten the deal. BI was like Jaylen Brown in the regular season. I'm not letting him go.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
trablos wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Because we don't need to trade him.

Maybe if Kawhi's people said... we can no longer tolerate it here and we will sign long term with whoever trades for him first... I could see why we would do it... but then you are getting into LeBron like primadonna behavior.

Even if the Spurs traded him... he could deplete some other sucker of their assets and still sign with us next year.

All of this with the added benefit to see if he is truly healthy first.

I can see how some might worry that Kawhi will be swooped away by another team... but if he already said he wants to come here... why weaken a team that has proved it is on the rise?

Some are so desperate to see the team improve immediately... that you are trying to make unnecessary moves that do almost as much damage as you have gain. Sure Kawhi is better than Ingram or Randle... but how much better is a team with all three?

He's not being a primadonna by taking his health extremely seriously, he played a few games this year when he clearly wasn't healthy so it makes sense he doesn't want to play being less than 100%

Again, we'll have to make a decision with BI/Kuz/Randle since we'll have a logjam in the front court. If we sign 2 of PG/Bron/KL as free agents, do we just relegate our youth to the bench for the next 3-4 years? If we are so sure they will become all stars (and I think a few of them will) then wouldn't it be a waste to hamper their development keeping them as backups?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I love Ingram as a Laker. I feel he's taken harsh criticism from LG after the front office chose him over DLO. He's the only player here who's been constantly under the scrutiny of the analytics microscope. The flashes should be enough for us, but for some reason we are out for blood. I love Ingram toughness, especially after he gets hit. I love his ability to play point forward. I think he's only 30% unlocked.

It’s unbelievable. I could see him being looked at favorably after he is traded (if he does get moved). Laker nostalgia, if you will.

The dude takes a lot of crap for something that was not his decision.

You guys realize that it was Lonzo who was chosen over Russell, and not Ingram, right? And that Lonzo's pretty beloved by the analytics crowd? Maybe the opinions of Ingram by that group are based on Ingram's performance and not every bit of skepticism about him goes back to D'Angelo Russell?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Like pop not wanting to deal with the West?

I could see Pop dealing with West. Not that I see Leonard being a Clipper, but I think that level of respect is there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: