Would you trade BI for Kawhi?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade BI for Kawhi?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 87 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 145

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
No, take Lonzo and this year's first. BI is like the best looking prospect we've had in a long time. We struck out with DLo and JR so it's less likely that we struck out with BI as well.

We struck out with Randle? Nothing personal but that is an idiotic take.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

Without seeing Kawhi's medical records, I'd withhold moving out on any realistic trade for him, with one exception. Swap Deng for him ? Sure.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

is this real life? Kawhi is indisputably a top 10 NBA player and arguably a top 5 NBA player.
BI current trajectory is no where close. A ridiculous question to ask as the Spurs would want much more in a trade but the answer is obviously yes assuming his health checks out.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I have a hard time seeing the Spurs trade with the Lakers for some reason.

Like pop not wanting to deal with the West?

I could see Pop dealing with West. Not that I see Leonard being a Clipper, but I think that level of respect is there.

BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

Ingram and what else?

Wait...just Ingram? Of course, the better question is if the Spurs would trade Leonard for just Ingram lol.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

If it was JUST BI there would be no hesitation for the Lakers to trade for KL.

But it would be much more than that IMO, and that's why it's unlikely to happen.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

No reason to trade for Kawhi when he'll be a free agent in the summer of 2019. Let's see how healthy he is next season before jumping on that ship.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

If you have two twenty dollar bills... and someone says I'll trade you a fifty for those two twenties. Sure you take it.

But what if you can keep those twenties only if you wait to pick up the fifty next year?

So instead of gaining 10 dollars... you gain 50?

Also some think the 50 might be counterfeit (injured).

By waiting a year, you get to verify that the bill isn't counterfeit... and you keep your two twenties.

Do you make the early trade to gain ten dollars?

Or do you keep the twenties... verify the fifty (full season of play)

One scenario you risk losing up to ninety... the other scenario... the most you lose is ten... the highest you gain is fifty.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

KL is legit, no reason to say no unless he doesn't pass the
physical. I have a feeling KL has been holding out due to
other reasons not necessarily health related, but much
of that will become clearer within the next few months...
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
No reason to trade for Kawhi when he'll be a free agent in the summer of 2019. Let's see how healthy he is next season before jumping on that ship.

The reason to trade for Kawhi is because he's under contract for just $20.1M this year and Randle has just a $12.4M cap hold, which would allow you to construct a pretty good team around them, and neither of those things will be true next summer.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

The reason you trade for KL is because LeBron can be walking through the door, there is no scenario next summer that will have the same domino effect like this summer if a KL trade gets done.... please realize that before saying let’s wait until next summer.
Alexisonfire26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
No. I think Ingram is being underestimated on his potential growth over the next 2-3+ years.

Also believe the Lakers should be adding talent to the roster not making trades and lateral moves for minimal improvement at this point. Keep Ingram, let him have another year of growth (hopefully with George on the roster) and then pursue Leonard in free agency.

Include salary into the conversation too.

Ingram $6-9M until RFA in 2020.
Leonard Over $20m this year then player option next. Hopefully they can re-sign him for a max? But no guarantees.

I agree with this. Im not trading Ingram either.

Lakers, Rams, Giants, UCLA, Galaxy, Everton, USMNT
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The Grind wrote:

The reason to trade for Kawhi is because he's under contract for just $20.1M this year and Randle has just a $12.4M cap hold, which would allow you to construct a pretty good team around them, and neither of those things will be true next summer.

That's a very fair stance. However because of the cryptic nature of his current injury status, I would say that's a big risk to take.

Last edited by panamaniac on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sentient Meat wrote:
If you have two twenty dollar bills... and someone says I'll trade you a fifty for those two twenties. Sure you take it.

But what if you can keep those twenties only if you wait to pick up the fifty next year?

So instead of gaining 10 dollars... you gain 50?

Also some think the 50 might be counterfeit (injured).

By waiting a year, you get to verify that the bill isn't counterfeit... and you keep your two twenties.

Do you make the early trade to gain ten dollars?

Or do you keep the twenties... verify the fifty (full season of play)

One scenario you risk losing up to ninety... the other scenario... the most you lose is ten... the highest you gain is fifty.

sHOW ME THE MONEY!
GoldenThroat

The Grind wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
The Grind wrote:

That's a very fair stance. However because of the cryptic nature of his current injury status, I would say that's a big risk to take.

Yeah, obviously you don't trade anyone of value before that question gets answered.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

If the Spurs agreed to take Deng as well. Otherwise, I would just try to sign him outright in 2019. I don't think Kawhi/Paul George/Kuzma/second year Ball is enough to take out GSW.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Quoted for emphasis
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
If the Spurs agreed to take Deng as well. Otherwise, I would just try to sign him outright in 2019. I don't think Kawhi/Paul George/Kuzma/second year Ball is enough to take out GSW.

We don’t need to get to the top of the mountain in one move. It takes progress and although it isn’t enough to knock off GSW, it’s enough to show him its worth it to resign. That team gets home court in the first round next year, that would be a huge success.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
When healthy. Kwame is a top 5 player and a DPOY candidate, so I think it's a no brainer to say yes, because Ingram may never reach that point in his career.

However, I don't think Ingram is done growing as a player, and what I can say is that Ingram was better than Kawhi at the same age. He's got a long way to go.

KWAME BROWN

Coach Wooden

Last edited by SpunkieLakerCat on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
The reason you trade for KL is because LeBron can be walking through the door, there is no scenario next summer that will have the same domino effect like this summer if a KL trade gets done.... please realize that before saying let’s wait until next summer.

If you are LeBron... would you rather play with Kawhi only... or a team with Ingram/Randle/Kawhi.

Or if you are PG... would rather play with Kawhi only... or with Ingram/Randle/Kawhi.

Good grief... you only need a phone call to clear up that issue.

Why get rid of two good pieces unnecessarily?

Now if you don't think they are good and are going to get rid of them then that's another story.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I love Ingram as a Laker. I feel he's taken harsh criticism from LG after the front office chose him over DLO. He's the only player here who's been constantly under the scrutiny of the analytics microscope. The flashes should be enough for us, but for some reason we are out for blood. I love Ingram toughness, especially after he gets hit. I love his ability to play point forward. I think he's only 30% unlocked.

It’s unbelievable. I could see him being looked at favorably after he is traded (if he does get moved). Laker nostalgia, if you will.

The dude takes a lot of crap for something that was not his decision.

You guys realize that it was Lonzo who was chosen over Russell, and not Ingram, right? And that Lonzo's pretty beloved by the analytics crowd? Maybe the opinions of Ingram by that group are based on Ingram's performance and not every bit of skepticism about him goes back to D'Angelo Russell?

Quiet as a church until someone mentions DLo I see.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I love Ingram as a Laker. I feel he's taken harsh criticism from LG after the front office chose him over DLO. He's the only player here who's been constantly under the scrutiny of the analytics microscope. The flashes should be enough for us, but for some reason we are out for blood. I love Ingram toughness, especially after he gets hit. I love his ability to play point forward. I think he's only 30% unlocked.

It’s unbelievable. I could see him being looked at favorably after he is traded (if he does get moved). Laker nostalgia, if you will.

The dude takes a lot of crap for something that was not his decision.

You guys realize that it was Lonzo who was chosen over Russell, and not Ingram, right? And that Lonzo's pretty beloved by the analytics crowd? Maybe the opinions of Ingram by that group are based on Ingram's performance and not every bit of skepticism about him goes back to D'Angelo Russell?

Quiet as a church until someone mentions DLo I see.

I'm tired of everything being put through that lens. I don't understand it at all. Not everything revolves around Russell, for chrissakes.

This was the most recent post when I responded this morning. Forgive me for being "quiet as a church" before about this subject, I only recorded an entire podcast about it.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The Grind wrote:

I’d rather have BI, KL, JR and this year’s draft picks next summer than KL, JR and more cap space this summer.

Assuming PG signs, you'd need to trade Deng with the Cavs pick and the Lakers 2020 first rd pick this summer to take advantage of the cap savings you're talking about. At that point, you’d have about $20m in cap room left after trading BI for KL. Unless Lebron is willing to take a $15m paycut (which isn’t happening), which player or combo of players are you signing for $20m this summer that have more upside than BI and the Cavs pick ?

Boogie ?

DJ ?

Aaron Gordon?

Marcus Smart ?

Jabari Parker ?

Will Barton ?

Nurkic ?

Houston won’t let Capella get away, even if everyone else gets shipped out to land Lebron, as his caphold is only $7m.

I realize I’ve always been a much bigger believer in BI’s upside than you are, but I’ll take BI and the Cavs pick over any combo of those guys that you can realistically sign for $20m. I’m assuming you can work a wink-wink deal for Lopez to come back on the room exception under either scenario.

I’m genuinely curious who you would sign with the $20 million that you think is a better option than keeping BI and the Cavs pick.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The Grind wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Yeah, obviously you don't trade anyone of value before that question gets answered.

I'd rather see him play next season instead.

Kyrie passed his physical, and but he could have serious long-term knee issues.

Trading Ingram for KL who passes the physical but then ends up having long-term quad issues is a worst-case scenario.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: