Would you trade BI for Kawhi?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade BI for Kawhi?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 87 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 145

babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I have a hard time seeing the Spurs trade with the Lakers for some reason.

The idea of Pop trading KL to the Lakers seems like a fantasy.

Remember his trade committee comments after the Gasol deal ? And now he's going to trade Kawhi to the Lakers for BI ?

Also- Peter Holt has been one of the leaders of the small market teams for a long-time. Can't see him or his wife trading KL to the Lakers, as it would seem like a capitulation, unless KL is damaged goods, in which case I don't want him anyway.

Much like what happened with Indy and PG, I think they’ll trade him anywhere but here.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

If someone who is historically smarter than you tries to trade something to the closest thing his organization has to a recent rival.

What is more likely?

Pop has early onset dementia...

He's making a deal to help an organization on the rise because he wants his legacy to be the guy who helped revitalize the Lakers.

He knows something we don't know about the nature of Kawhi's injury

He sees something in Ingram and Randle that leads him to believe he will eventually get the better side of the trade.

I can think of almost any reason except Pop genuinely wants us to succeed and be happy.

IF Pop trades with us as opposed to another team... you can almost be sure he knows he's screwing us. And if he perceives Kawhi wasn't fair with him during the most trying time of his entire life... he's hardly going to feel charitable towards him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
The reason you trade for KL is because LeBron can be walking through the door, there is no scenario next summer that will have the same domino effect like this summer if a KL trade gets done.... please realize that before saying let’s wait until next summer.

If you are LeBron... would you rather play with Kawhi only... or a team with Ingram/Randle/Kawhi.

Or if you are PG... would rather play with Kawhi only... or with Ingram/Randle/Kawhi.

Good grief... you only need a phone call to clear up that issue.

Why get rid of two good pieces unnecessarily?

Now if you don't think they are good and are going to get rid of them then that's another story.

Getting a top 5 player is unnecessary? Plus as GT posted, we would have Leonard and Randle for less than a 30% max player.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
The reason you trade for KL is because LeBron can be walking through the door, there is no scenario next summer that will have the same domino effect like this summer if a KL trade gets done.... please realize that before saying let’s wait until next summer.

If you are LeBron... would you rather play with Kawhi only... or a team with Ingram/Randle/Kawhi.

Or if you are PG... would rather play with Kawhi only... or with Ingram/Randle/Kawhi.

Now if you don't think they are good and are going to get rid of them then that's another story.

Getting a top 5 player is unnecessary?

It is when you can wait a year... verify that he's healthy... keep the two players that represent two full years of tanking and have all three.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

The reasons are compelling, especially being able to fit in Randle, and attracting Bron or George.

I believe Pop and the Spurs will know the "pros" for why we would want to do it, and they will try and strip the Lakers naked of the supposed lesser players like Josh Hart, Kuzma, or/and draft picks.

So if it's as black and white as Pelton makes it, sure, I get it. But I doubt it's that simple. They will want more, and the Lakers need to stay firm. I believe in Ingram and Hart more than KL at this point. Cause I haven't seen him play for a year besides for a the few games in which he wasn't the same player. So if you're asked to include more valuable young assets, then you have to start thinking about the worst case scenario such as the IT scenario playing itself out again. Imagine KL in and out of the line-up cause he's not exactly 100%, meanwhile BI and Hart takes another leap in San Antonio.

It boils down to how much do Maginka believe in the core because you don't need to do these moves if you TRULY believe in them. Because then all you need is one max guy to come, and the core improving. That's the way most dynasties are built anyway, it's due to their own core. We'll see this summer. They are in a negotiating position of strength if they truly believe in their core. If not, guys are going to be traded.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

If it's a straight up trade, absolutely! It accelerates the rebuild since Kawhi is just entering his prime. If Kawhi were 32 or something, i'd say no, but he's still pretty young and is a perennial MVP candidate while BI may not even make the all-star team next year. Kawhi can take the assignment of the best scorer on the opposite team, which would be huge.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Getting a top 5 player is unnecessary?

It is when you can wait a year... verify that he's healthy... keep the two players that represent two full years of tanking and have all three.

But you don’t know that you can
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
The reasons are compelling, especially being able to fit in Randle, and attracting Bron or George.

I believe Pop and the Spurs will know the "pros" for why we would want to do it, and they will try and strip the Lakers naked of the supposed lesser players like Josh Hart, Kuzma, or/and draft picks.

So if it's as black and white as Pelton makes it, sure, I get it. But I doubt it's that simple. They will want more, and the Lakers need to stay firm. I believe in Ingram and Hart more than KL at this point. Cause I haven't seen him play for a year besides for a the few games in which he wasn't the same player. So if you're asked to include more valuable young assets, then you have to start thinking about the worst case scenario such as the IT scenario playing itself out again. Imagine KL in and out of the line-up cause he's not exactly 100%, meanwhile BI and Hart takes another leap in San Antonio.

It boils down to how much do Maginka believe in the core because you don't need to do these moves if you TRULY believe in them. Because then all you need is one max guy to come, and the core improving. That's the way most dynasties are built anyway, it's due to their own core. We'll see this summer. They are in a negotiating position of strength if they truly believe in their core. If not, guys are going to be traded.

That's the thing, he's not playing because he's not 100%. That tells me that he is minimizing the risk of re-injuring himself and making sure he's completely healed before he gets ready for basketball again. It's not like IT or Kobe playing themselves through injuries only to end up with more. Sure people whine about the increased resting of star guys now but its the smart thing to do, at least for something this serious.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

If KL is healthy, yes.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Yes. Quickly.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
If it's a straight up trade, absolutely! It accelerates the rebuild since Kawhi is just entering his prime. If Kawhi were 32 or something, i'd say no, but he's still pretty young and is a perennial MVP candidate while BI may not even make the all-star team next year. Kawhi can take the assignment of the best scorer on the opposite team, which would be huge.

KL is the best two way player since Scottie Pippen not named Kobe. He is a champion, a finals mvp where he took lebron out of the series with his D. This is a no brainer.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Of course I would, because well... duh.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I would hate to see Ingram go but love to see KL arrive.

Lonzo/ vet min
PG/ Hart
Kawhi/ Ariza
Randle/ Kuzma
Brook/ Noel

That’s a legit squad.

We could even sign a few vets like Ariza and Noel before we go over to re-sign Randle. We would have one of the best starting lineups and one of the best benches.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
No. I think Ingram is being underestimated on his potential growth over the next 2-3+ years.

Also believe the Lakers should be adding talent to the roster not making trades and lateral moves for minimal improvement at this point. Keep Ingram, let him have another year of growth (hopefully with George on the roster) and then pursue Leonard in free agency.

Include salary into the conversation too.

Ingram $6-9M until RFA in 2020.
Leonard Over $20m this year then player option next. Hopefully they can re-sign him for a max? But no guarantees.

Well, Ingram hasn't placed us above 50% or put us in the playoffs. Kawhi has been MVP of the playoffs, defensive player of the year and on 3 all nba defensive teams. 27 years old and he is a stud. BI will likely be a star in this league and I will hate to lose him. Honestly Kawhi might be the ONLY guy in the league who I would give BI up for.

At this point, I would NOT trade BI straight up for Lebron.

What worries me is that Lebron will say he wants to come here but in a sign and trade. If we give up BI for Kawhi, I don't want to have to trade away more youngsters for Lebron. We would have gutted the team for two guys who might not even be here for the long term. Plus we would no longer have much youth to pair with some vets, which means when the vets are done, so are we and it will be time to rebuild from the ground up. That takes a lot longer than it seems, and is going to take even longer if the league changes their drafting rules.

So, I guess if we sign Kawhi, I hope we sign PG13 and leave it at that. We will lose BI, but would still have Randle, Kuzma and Lonzo to pair with Kawhi and PG13

Last edited by Wino on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
kobeslaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject:

Yes, if Kawhi passed physical exam and unload Deng's contract.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject:

Before KL missed the season sure but not now brandon Ingram is going to be a superstar in this league real soon.

Maybe if we signed LBJ but I dont like dealing with players that are injuried and havent played in the last 5 months. Its a risk and I dont think losing BI is a risk I'm willing to take.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I love Ingram as a Laker. I feel he's taken harsh criticism from LG after the front office chose him over DLO. He's the only player here who's been constantly under the scrutiny of the analytics microscope. The flashes should be enough for us, but for some reason we are out for blood. I love Ingram toughness, especially after he gets hit. I love his ability to play point forward. I think he's only 30% unlocked.

It’s unbelievable. I could see him being looked at favorably after he is traded (if he does get moved). Laker nostalgia, if you will.

The dude takes a lot of crap for something that was not his decision.

You guys realize that it was Lonzo who was chosen over Russell, and not Ingram, right? And that Lonzo's pretty beloved by the analytics crowd? Maybe the opinions of Ingram by that group are based on Ingram's performance and not every bit of skepticism about him goes back to D'Angelo Russell?

Quiet as a church until someone mentions DLo I see.

I'm tired of everything being put through that lens. I don't understand it at all. Not everything revolves around Russell, for chrissakes.

This was the most recent post when I responded this morning. Forgive me for being "quiet as a church" before about this subject, I only recorded an entire podcast about it.

Except that this particular quote did revolve around Russell.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I love Ingram as a Laker. I feel he's taken harsh criticism from LG after the front office chose him over DLO. He's the only player here who's been constantly under the scrutiny of the analytics microscope. The flashes should be enough for us, but for some reason we are out for blood. I love Ingram toughness, especially after he gets hit. I love his ability to play point forward. I think he's only 30% unlocked.

It’s unbelievable. I could see him being looked at favorably after he is traded (if he does get moved). Laker nostalgia, if you will.

You guys realize that it was Lonzo who was chosen over Russell, and not Ingram, right? And that Lonzo's pretty beloved by the analytics crowd? Maybe the opinions of Ingram by that group are based on Ingram's performance and not every bit of skepticism about him goes back to D'Angelo Russell?

Sorry GT, I don’t disagree with much you say but this one I do.

Ingram took a lot of (bleep) BEFORE Lonzo was even drafted. It happened throughout last season and intensified after the DLO trade. All anyone has to do is go back to the Ingram thread which turned into a complete cesspool and (bleep) show. It was embarrassing.

I still believe the DLO trade was a mistake and I will continue to believe that until I see 2 Max FAs signed, sealed and delivered. However, Ingram took abuse on here and in social media just because the Lakers FO traded Russell. Fair or not, the perception was that Magic and company chose Ingram over Russell.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it was certainly not fair to Ingram.

Also, Lonzo has been (bleep) on a lot too. Just like Ingram and DLO were too. Those individual player threads have been pretty embarrassing from time to time tbh.

Edit: fwiw, Ingram does deserve some of the unfavorable analytics critique especially from his rookie season, but that’s separate imo. The (bleep) he takes because a player was traded is the issue here, not the folks objectively just looking at his numbers and on court performance.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I have a hard time seeing the Spurs trade with the Lakers for some reason.

The idea of Pop trading KL to the Lakers seems like a fantasy.

Remember his trade committee comments after the Gasol deal ? And now he's going to trade Kawhi to the Lakers for BI ?

Also- Peter Holt has been one of the leaders of the small market teams for a long-time. Can't see him or his wife trading KL to the Lakers, as it would seem like a capitulation, unless KL is damaged goods, in which case I don't want him anyway.

Much like what happened with Indy and PG, I think they’ll trade him anywhere but here.

Pop will not deal Kawhi to LA. Would love to have him here, if healthy. But it won't happen. I'll believe it when I see it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:

Lonzo/ vet min
PG/ Hart
Kawhi/ Ariza
Randle/ Kuzma
Brook/ Noel

That’s a legit squad.

We could even sign a few vets like Ariza and Noel before we go over to re-sign Randle. We would have one of the best starting lineups and one of the best benches.

It is. And if George doesn’t come, you can slide Hart in there or bring in Gordon if Houston chases Lebron.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Sorry GT, I don’t disagree with much you say but this one I do.

Ingram took a lot of (bleep) BEFORE Lonzo was even drafted. It happened throughout last season and intensified after the DLO trade. All anyone has to do is go back to the Ingram thread which turned into a complete cesspool and (bleep) show. It was embarrassing.

I still believe the DLO trade was a mistake and I will continue to believe that until I see 2 Max FAs signed, sealed and delivered. However, Ingram took abuse on here and in social media just because the Lakers FO traded Russell. Fair or not, the perception was that Magic and company chose Ingram over Russell.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it was certainly not fair to Ingram.

Also, Lonzo has been (bleep) on a lot too. Just like Ingram and DLO were too. Those individual player threads have been pretty embarrassing from time to time tbh.

Edit: fwiw, Ingram does deserve some of the unfavorable analytics critique especially from his rookie season, but that’s separate imo. The (bleep) he takes because a player was traded is the issue here, not the folks objectively just looking at his numbers and on court performance.

Yeah, Imma call BS on this one. I don't see really any residula tie from one guy to the other, but whenever there's anything less than what a star he is, this always comes up.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

^GT’s stats are objective and he has reasons/rationale for his beliefs. There are posters who believe Ingram will be a stud whether that’s through the eye test or favorable stats when compared to other players at same age. That dialogue is good and fun because there are various interpretations and opinions.

There are others who slander DLO or Ingram based on agenda on who they like more aka the “stans.”

Anyway, I’m over the whole thing. They are 2 separate and different players, and I wish we had them both...back to the Ingram for Kawhi proposal talk...
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:

Lonzo/ vet min
PG/ Hart
Kawhi/ Ariza
Randle/ Kuzma
Brook/ Noel

That’s a legit squad.

It is. And if George doesn’t come, you can slide Hart in there or bring in Gordon if Houston chases Lebron.

I think George will come. The hard part is getting Kawhi
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Nope. Plenty of wings butler, George, Klay available next two years. We also have BI and Kuz.
Only making a trade if it’s for AD.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Of course I would, because well... duh.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: