Non-Guaranteed Contracts: Waive Ennis, Zubac and/or Bryant? (Ennis & Bryant Waived, Zubac Stays, p. 2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Drop Ennis

continue to develop Bryant And ZU

Yeah theres really no reason to not continue to develop those two guys unless they end up fitting into some trade. They're not valuable enough to get us good assets, but their salaries are dirt cheap and they're young as (bleep). There's been cases of big men breaking out after a couple of years when most people gave up.

However Zubac isn't really an NBA caliber athlete, and I don't know if he'll ever be one but he's shown some flashes as a good rolling big man along with some flashes of rim protection. I think Zubac can end up having a long career in the NBA just by being that 3rd big man that only plays a few minutes every couple of games but it's way to young to put a ceiling on him (like I just did lol).

Thomas Bryant though I think is a legit long term prospect. He has the potential to have a three point shot, he has the potential to learn how to become a rim protector and maybe once he develops into his body he'll become a better rim runner. Right now though, dude looks pretty lost and awkward when he gets minutes.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Ennis is gone.

No way we dump both Zu and Bryant. At least one will stay since our Center spot is non existent if BLo leaves (unless you think we resign Frye, lol). Bryant is 99% the keeper if a choice is made between the two.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Keeping Ennis would mean we're having a very bad off-season.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

I just went back to watch the Magic and Pelinka press conference following the exit interviews (link). At 6:50 (and ending around 9:40), Pelinka starts into some thoughts in which he mentioned Zubac by name (as well as Lonzo, BI, Kuzma and Hart). In particular, he said that during these months of April, May and June, the Lakers will be able to tell who they keep and who they let go by what the players do to better their game and "transform themselves physically." If we take Pelinka at his word, the decision will be made at the end of June and it depends on how much work Zubac puts in.

I think the point is that the Lakers have high hopes for Zubac but they also have no patience for him not taking his chosen profession professionally.

--Anonymous
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

Bryant, bring him back. Ennis, less attractive. Zubac, well at the right price, one always needs a third big body.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Ennis: sucked early, but was very impressive and aggressive in the last few games: I don't want the early Ennis back.

Bryant: Great cheerleader, great in the G league, but out of control in the NBA; there are better players out there, it would be a nightmare if Zubac was the Lakers starting C and Bryant was the backup...

Zubac: showed huge promise two years ago and has not really progressed, most Teams have better bench centers than him, I wouldn't miss him and sure don't want him to start!

LOL, guys, there is no GM out there dumb enough to trade for any of these three stooges...nyguk, nuygk,
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject:

No to Ennis. I think we keep Zubac and may keep Bryant.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1012503799951286272

Tyler Ennis is waived
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Which one of Zu and Bryant survives? Remains to be seen
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Shams: Tyler Ennis released

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1012504389569871883
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Necessary move. Frees up cap space for Lakers, at a minimum, to keep Randle if they can dump Deng and sign PG/Lebron.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Let the Hunger Games begin!

May the odds ever be in your favour!
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Drop Ennis

continue to develop Bryant And ZU

Yeah theres really no reason to not continue to develop those two guys unless they end up fitting into some trade. They're not valuable enough to get us good assets, but their salaries are dirt cheap and they're young as (bleep). There's been cases of big men breaking out after a couple of years when most people gave up.

However Zubac isn't really an NBA caliber athlete, and I don't know if he'll ever be one but he's shown some flashes as a good rolling big man along with some flashes of rim protection. I think Zubac can end up having a long career in the NBA just by being that 3rd big man that only plays a few minutes every couple of games but it's way to young to put a ceiling on him (like I just did lol).

Thomas Bryant though I think is a legit long term prospect. He has the potential to have a three point shot, he has the potential to learn how to become a rim protector and maybe once he develops into his body he'll become a better rim runner. Right now though, dude looks pretty lost and awkward when he gets minutes.

This. I share the same sentiment. We should continue to see what Zu and Bryant can do because they still young and their cost is minimal. I like Zu but just not the right fit. He need a lot of conditioning to keep up. Bryant is a keeper. If Madsen and Penberthy are part of our championship team then these bigs are more NBA caliber.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:

Naww... It's a Purge. If you are dead weight and making a dime, your Laker Career is done.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Ennis: sucked early, but was very impressive and aggressive in the last few games: I don't want the early Ennis back.

Bryant: Great cheerleader, great in the G league, but out of control in the NBA; there are better players out there, it would be a nightmare if Zubac was the Lakers starting C and Bryant was the backup...

Zubac: showed huge promise two years ago and has not really progressed, most Teams have better bench centers than him, I wouldn't miss him and sure don't want him to start!

LOL, guys, there is no GM out there dumb enough to trade for any of these three stooges...nyguk, nuygk,

They could always waive them and try and re-sign them to vet min exceptions after the Decision Pt II and the Journey pt III are over with. I get the feeling none of them should put off summer vacation plans or even bother staying up late waiting for the phone to ring at midnight on Jul 1st.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

mde24 wrote:
Vanquish wrote:

Naww... It's a Purge. If you are dead weight and making a dime, your Laker Career is done.

"Commencing at the siren, all crimes up to and including waivers will be legal for 12 continuous hours.

Blessed be our new Founding Fathers and the Lakers, a franchise reborn
."
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Ennis Taken Out Behind the Barn, p. 2
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

We will find out about Zubac shortly. His contract is guaranteed on Saturday, June 30th. I could actually see him as a good fit in San Antonio tbh.
Fourplay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

mde24 wrote:
Vanquish wrote:

+1
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

Agree with most of posters here.
Zubac only if he can be an effective sub and his contract is cheap. But would try to keep him if cost effective as even average big men are hard to find.
Same for Bryant.

See how Wagner develops before getting rid of them.
P-n-G Brigade
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Add Bryant to that list of waived players.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: