Barkley: Why are people moving Lebron past Kobe?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Mods -- I have a serious suggestion.

1. Create a permanent Official Kobe Appreciation Thread. Let the Kobe fans post to their hearts' content, and boot anyone who wants to troll them. If Kobe does something newsworthy (wins a showbiz award, writes a book, or whatever), that's different. Everything else should go in the official thread.

2. Require any GOAT threads, including Kobe vs. MJ or Kobe vs. Lebron, to go into the General forum.

This won't stop the problem, but at least it will reduce the amount of trolling by and against Kobe fans.

You're the biggest part of the problem You, activeverb, and a couple other Kobe haters have more posts in here than the Kobe fans. I admire your dedication to (bleep) on Kobe's career it's been easily over a decade strong of this from the same people

No, you’re a bigger part of the problem than me or AV. Most of LG has moved on from the Kobe vs. Whoever debate. You and a handful of others keep these threads going, and you are getting more and more angry as time goes by. That’s because a rising percentage of the forum population is rolling its eyes at you.

Posters like me and AV don’t start Kobe threads. Kobe is a former Laker. I’m fine with you having a safe space to talk about Kobe. But that’s the last thing you want, isn’t it? You want conflict. You want to call people names. You don’t want to move on. The only other people on this board who care much about these discussions are those of us who are interested in GOAT discussions. If you didn’t have us, you wouldn’t have anyone.

So now it's going to turn into a finger-pointing of who's more annoying about sticking up for their side?

I have to agree with my friend Juggernaut. Same posters...EVERY SINGLE TIME. Going strong for a decade. Don't give me this, "We're annoyed because no one believes this anymore.". You've been annoyed about Kobe for 10+ years, bro. You fools were at this when we were winning championships BECAUSE of him. So don't try to rewrite history and make this a recency thing. Because those who have read the board for a while know.

The most annoying part about you guys is how you love to speak as if you speak for every single person. "MOST OF US have moved on." Blah blah blah. That's the kind of wording someone who doesn't sound very secure in their convictions would use. Are you that smug in real life as well? Because I can't imagine that kind of know-it-all attitude has worked out for you.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Here’s the thing. I’ve had my share of run-ins with AH on a couple of topics (can’t even remember which ones now). He’s not a Kobe hater at all.

I think what ends up happening is that certain folks take a very extreme stance. And then, that sometimes forces someone who holds more of a central position to argue the counterpoint to the extreme stance.

For example, someone might think Kobe is 6th all time. Then, someone will come in and paste a ton of random quotes from random players or coaches, or whatever and make their point that Kobe is #1. To argue the point that Kobe is #1, and rather, more like #6 or whatever, sometimes you have to bring up examples of why he isn’t #1.

But then if you do that, you are labeled a Kobe hater.

So then, the only way you can not be a Kobe hater, is to put him at #1. That’s stupid, no?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
The most annoying part about you guys is how you love to speak as if you speak for every single person. "MOST OF US have moved on." Blah blah blah. That's the kind of wording someone who doesn't sound very secure in their convictions would use. Are you that smug in real life as well? Because I can't imagine that kind of know-it-all attitude has worked out for you.

It's kind of sad to see all of the pain and frustration that drips from your words. This is why I think the mods should just create a safe space for you. It would be a wonderous place where everyone thinks that Kobe was the greatest player ever. But this is also why you don't want it. You need enemies to hate and belittle. Like I said, it's sad.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

I am guessing that right now somewhere on the Internet someone is angrily calling someone else a hater for thinking Daniel-Day Lewis is a better actor than Marlon Brando; Roosevelt was a better president than Lincoln, or apple pie is a better dessert than German chocolate cake.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

I think we’ve said all the rational things that need saying, and the partisans are not going to be agreeable.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Page 34 of 34
Jump to: