Keyon Dooling Story - Running from a Ghost

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject: Keyon Dooling Story - Running from a Ghost

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/keyon-dooling-the-ghost

Another great article from the Players Tribune. Okay, maybe Doc and Rondo aren't THAT bad.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Wow I was not ready for that. Heavy heavy stuff. Glad he's doing well. thank you for sharing this article. I hope it reaches all those in need.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Pretty intense. Always thought he was a cool dude and never really understood why he just disappeared. Makes total sense now and glad he's speaking out about serious health matters.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:28 am    Post subject:

Jesus...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

Wow
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

Hopefully his strength saves someone else’s life. What courage!
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

My wifes side of the family has two members who have severe mental disabilities. It has really opened my eyes to the problems they face. You can also really get to appreciate their core values. They have little intellectual control, yet they still have a code they live by. One of them has the heart of a saint. His goal in life is to help everyone he can. He suffers from manic schizophrenia, among other things. He is a pretty amazing guy, but sometimes he loses it. The other tends to be very selfish, and almost always thinks about what anything does for him first. It opened my mind up to realizing that when you meet people, you really have no idea about what their mental condition really is. When someone treats you badly, when I was younger, it would be much easier to just react and get mad or whatever. Now I try to think about what horrible things in their lives might be causing them to act out. I try not to over react to people anymore, it just isn't worth it and I know I have no idea what could be causing it. Still can catch me off guard. I recently had another student in a computer class act very inappropriate towards me and I got a bit upset with him. I found out later that he was seeing a psychologist for this type of behavior. I found myself feeling like I wish I would have handled him differently when he was being rude to me.

Bottom line is, there are a fair number of people who are suffering from mental disabilities. Most of them are dealing with life the same as the rest of us and we all run into them all the time and don't even know it. The next time someone weirds you out, take a moment to realize they may not have much control of their own mind.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: