KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 588, 589, 590 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Skip, Shannon and Broussard discussing whether it's in Toronto's best interest to trade KL to us...possibly straight up for Ingram (just opinion) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RZaEEDn9Zo&t=4s

I wouldn't trade Ingram now. Let's see how both players perform up to the trade deadline to get a better assessment.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
LINK

The Toronto Star: Kawhi already planning out his exit from Toronto and contacting other players to team up in either L.A. or Brooklyn:

Quote:
Bruce Arthur of the Toronto Star:

“One thing I was told [Tuesday] night is that Kawhi Leonard had already been planning out his free agency for next year. And he’s already been in contact with other star players in the league, saying, ‘Hey, where might you want to play with me? What are we looking at?’”

“And it wasn’t just L.A. he was talking about. Brooklyn was maybe somewhere; they’re going to have a ton of cap space.”

“So Kawhi has already been thinking ahead to pairing up and trying to play at the highest level. If you can give him a team that can play at the highest level, if the Raptors can build a true contender, not an Eastern contender, an NBA championship contender, that plus an extra $50 million in Bird Rights, it’s the best argument they can make.”

BKN and NY's cap space will be a bigger threat to lure Kawhi than him re-signing in TOR

LA also mean Clippers? They have 2 max slots, maybe 3 if they don't want Gallinari. But then again, it's the Clippers.

And this is why i'm happy we didnt trade for him. He would be walking over to some other team next year to build his own team.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Multiple league sources said the three-team trade is not expected to be completed in the coming days. One of the sources said that’s because the #Sixers are working on another move.

https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/1020069540674375680
MikeHoncho
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
MikeHoncho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MikeHoncho wrote:
Even if Kawhi gets to the finals with the Raptors, I still would say his chances of staying sit at about 5%. It's documented he hates the cold and there is next to zero % chance free agents are going to consider Toronto after the DeRozen debacle. It was already hard enough to get players there, but now it's going to be near impossible.

similar things were said about PG last summer...just sayin. Not sure I buy the weather thing so much.....dude spent most of last winter in New York.

There was already one star there - George doesn't have to recruit anyone to play there. The situations really aren't similar regardless of how much people want to paint the picture they are.

The weather thing came out I remember during the all star game when it was in Toronto. People were clowning on him about not leaving his hotel room because he was too cold and he hated the cold. There's a big difference between rehabbing in New York for a small amount of time and committing to the place for 4-5 years for 9 months a year.

Yep. I remember when the PG trade happened, I wasn't alone in thinking that it could really work out for OKC and that based on what PG was saying before, it actually wasn't a bad landing spot for him. He had said before that he basically just wanted to win in Indiana (small town), didn't think the front office was doing enough, and that he just wanted a chance to compete. While LA was home and would have cap space and the potential to compete down the road, OKC already had the talent and could compete already - just needed assurance that the front office was going to do all it could to keep competing and I guess he liked what they were doing.

Kawhi on the other hand has been all drama last season, got hurt, rumors have it that he said he only wants LA, and has never felt like it was just about the winning (since he wouldn't even consider trades to Philly or Boston, or even meet with SA management). He seems hell bent into forcing his way back to LA regardless of what happens... That said - could be us or the Clippers, and for some reason I'm leaning toward him going to the Clippers next summer.

I just don't see the Clippers over Lakers at all. Magic is what Logo was in his heyday. Logo hasn't secured a big fish on his own with nothing else to offer in a long, long time. Maybe even since Shaq. Lakers have done right by their stars forever. Clippers haven't.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject:

MikeHoncho wrote:
pokoy wrote:
MikeHoncho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MikeHoncho wrote:
Even if Kawhi gets to the finals with the Raptors, I still would say his chances of staying sit at about 5%. It's documented he hates the cold and there is next to zero % chance free agents are going to consider Toronto after the DeRozen debacle. It was already hard enough to get players there, but now it's going to be near impossible.

similar things were said about PG last summer...just sayin. Not sure I buy the weather thing so much.....dude spent most of last winter in New York.

There was already one star there - George doesn't have to recruit anyone to play there. The situations really aren't similar regardless of how much people want to paint the picture they are.

The weather thing came out I remember during the all star game when it was in Toronto. People were clowning on him about not leaving his hotel room because he was too cold and he hated the cold. There's a big difference between rehabbing in New York for a small amount of time and committing to the place for 4-5 years for 9 months a year.

Yep. I remember when the PG trade happened, I wasn't alone in thinking that it could really work out for OKC and that based on what PG was saying before, it actually wasn't a bad landing spot for him. He had said before that he basically just wanted to win in Indiana (small town), didn't think the front office was doing enough, and that he just wanted a chance to compete. While LA was home and would have cap space and the potential to compete down the road, OKC already had the talent and could compete already - just needed assurance that the front office was going to do all it could to keep competing and I guess he liked what they were doing.

Kawhi on the other hand has been all drama last season, got hurt, rumors have it that he said he only wants LA, and has never felt like it was just about the winning (since he wouldn't even consider trades to Philly or Boston, or even meet with SA management). He seems hell bent into forcing his way back to LA regardless of what happens... That said - could be us or the Clippers, and for some reason I'm leaning toward him going to the Clippers next summer.

I just don't see the Clippers over Lakers at all. Magic is what Logo was in his heyday. Logo hasn't secured a big fish on his own with nothing else to offer in a long, long time. Maybe even since Shaq. Lakers have done right by their stars forever. Clippers haven't.

KEVIN DURANT.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Multiple league sources said the three-team trade is not expected to be completed in the coming days. One of the sources said that’s because the #Sixers are working on another move.

Three team trade with who? The Sixers are involved with Leonard? I'm a bit confused here.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Three team trade with who? The Sixers are involved with Leonard? I'm a bit confused here.

They are getting Muscala from Atlanta in the Melo deal.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
No team is beating Boston in the east. People forget how AMAZING Kyrie is. The guy killed GSW in the finals. Hayward is a guy who has faded after his injury but we know what he can do. Add in a more mature Tatum and brown...with the best coach in the league.

PG.Kyrie / Rozier
SG.Hayward / Smart
SF.Tatum /
PF.Brown / Morris
C.Horford /

Yeah good luck....

Horford
Tatum/Morris
Hayward
Brown/Smart
Kyrie/Rozier

is such an amazingly good lineup. Factor in they've got Memphis, Kings, and the Clippers 1sts coming up + there own and they're in prime position to make a move for Anthony Davis once he becomes available in the coming year or 2
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
watchME wrote:
No team is beating Boston in the east. People forget how AMAZING Kyrie is. The guy killed GSW in the finals. Hayward is a guy who has faded after his injury but we know what he can do. Add in a more mature Tatum and brown...with the best coach in the league.

PG.Kyrie / Rozier
SG.Hayward / Smart
SF.Tatum /
PF.Brown / Morris
C.Horford /

Yeah good luck....

Horford
Tatum/Morris
Hayward
Brown/Smart
Kyrie/Rozier

is such an amazingly good lineup. Factor in they've got Memphis, Kings, and the Clippers 1sts coming up + there own and they're in prime position to make a move for Anthony Davis once he becomes available in the coming year or 2

They are in an amazing situation but they can't trade for AD, at least not at this moment since they have Kyrie.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23529024/biggest-nba-free-agency-trade-extension-decisions-every-team

I'm not sure if this limitation goes away once he is traded, leaves, or signs a new deal. Also not sure how good of a team they will have after trading for AD. Every team include ourselves will be gunning for him. If all Boston is left after the trade is Tatum, Hayward and AD then I don't think its enough for them to win.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
GTL wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

They are getting Muscala from Atlanta in the Melo deal.

Got it, thank you
vakobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Why are some assuming he would have to fake an injury?

Very real possibility that this quad issue will be a lingering and recurring issue the rest of his career. He might play great for part of the season then have to sit out as the pain worsens as he plays on it. Both diagnoses reported have high rates of recurring with exertion.

Then it becomes how that management of the injury effects his playing time and on court performance the rest of the season, every season.

On another front, I find some of the suggestions that he has and should continue to malinger to get his way very disappointing. Man should have some pride in efforts and character. Selfishly scammimg the system does not reflect positively if that is truly what he is doing.

Leonard is a Raptor. Time to let the dream go and focus on this team this season.

Glad to hear someone say this. I'm not sure I'd even want a player who took $23 million and intentionally malingered.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject:

I don't think it benefits us to trade Ingram for Kawhi; especially considering we could possibly keep all of our young core, and possibly get Kawhi next year. I think Brandon Ingram is gonna be a really impactful player for us.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
I don't think it benefits us to trade Ingram for Kawhi; especially considering we could possibly keep all of our young core, and possibly get Kawhi next year. I think Brandon Ingram is gonna be a really impactful player for us.

right. and then Kawhi walks over to the clippers to form his own super team
BruceLeroy1985
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject:

I don't want Leonard anymore. Seeing this is the way he acts.... no thanks. I want someone who is a professional and just does his job.

I wouldn't trade any of our young guys for him... ok maybe Lonzo but no one else.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

i would trade a 2nd rounder for him.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

And if he did? Worse case is he is actually healthy (questionable) and is able to get another max player to join him. Longshot on both IMO

But the Lakers still have Ingram and any other assets it would take to acquire him in a desperation trade, James, cap to chase another max level player and a exciting roster to continue to build.

Lakers can survive and likely thrive. At least I am ok with that risk
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

And if he did? Worse case is he is actually healthy (questionable) and is able to get another max player to join him. Longshot on both IMO

But the Lakers still have Ingram and any other assets it would take to acquire him in a desperation trade, James, cap to chase another max level player and a exciting roster to continue to build.

Lakers can survive and likely thrive. At least I am ok with that risk

I was agreeing with Outspoken there. he'd walk over to the clippers if we traded for him.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

The only possible way to trade for Kawhi now is with Deng or in a multi-team deal that sends Deng out.

We'd have to wait until Dec 15th at the earliest to construct a trade for Kawhi that doesn't include Deng.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

I don't buy Kawhi recruiting a bunch of guys to play in random cities. He's already decided he'll sign here next season, we check every box

-He wants LA
-Max money available
-Amazing front office
-Instant contender
-Best location for endorsements and deals

If he doesn't sign here, it means he doesn't want to play with Lebron. Otherwise, there is no reason he would want to go anywhere else.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully we, through indirect methods, already have a sense if Kawhi wants to be here and wants to play with Lebron.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
But first, there is some new action on Kawhi Leonard: Will he or won’t he be traded in February. “Yes” is -500, and “No” is +325.

https://www.getmoresports.com/sheridan-toronto-raptors-projected-win-total/
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

What star players is Kawhi even friends with? Seems strange that a guy who's so introverted that no one on the Spurs really knew him is all of a sudden in recruitment mode....
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

I know the PG situation is different but one thing we can take is that when a guy says in interviews he can see himself staying or has bond with a teammate you cant shrug it off anymore.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject:

From what has been reported KL has been very forceful and aggressive in getting the message out he wants to play for the Lakers. The difference between him and PG is how aggressive he has been in getting that message out and he has been consistent. This will help us with leverage going forward.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know if between his forceful declarations to be a Laker and recruiting fellow players if he has had any time to train or take a few shots?

Until he does it is all a moot point. Healthy he is valuable and a consideration, damaged he is someone to offer a team bargain prove it deal next summer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 588, 589, 590 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 589 of 878
Jump to: