KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 592, 593, 594 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
https://twitter.com/Raptors/status/1020452739887902722

See you in 2019 Kawhi.

See you in 2018, Kawhi!
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:

See you in 2019 Kawhi.

Save me!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Should have a great shot at him next summer with any luck.

Great contract planning (all one year vets) by Maglinka who continue to absolutely KILL it in the goal of putting our franchise back on top.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
The biggest point in all this that isn't getting any noise is how Ingram's growth might impact our interest in Kawhi.

But if Ingram grows as we expect him to, there's no need for us to get Kawhi and we can focus on getting guys on other positions/with other skills that'll fit our LeBron/Ingram duo better, like Klay or Kemba for example.

So we didn't get Kawhi, but if all goes well, we won't even need or want Kawhi after all.

If we can get Kawhi, then we should get Kawhi (assuming he's healthy). That is, if we get him in free agency, or at the trade deadline without giving away any of the young core.

There's no particular conflict with getting Kawhi and keeping Ingram. It's been pointed out a number of times that Kawhi's the shortest of KL/BI/LBJ, he's the best defender, and he's the best 3pt shooter. It's also been pointed out that in a KL/BI/LBJ lineup, KL can play the 2.

I don't really see any problem with a lineup of:
Point Guard (Rondo or Lonzo), KL, BI, LBJ, Center
or going smaller by inserting Hart or KCP at the 2 and sitting the Center

so, yeah...IF (big IF) BI's growth continues and we also acquire KL, I don't particularly see any huge conflict with having BI & KL on the floor (or the team) at the same time

and the plus side of adding KL, who's the top 2-way player in the league, is just too tantalizing to pass up.
IF BI grows into an all star level player, so much the better.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi is Jon Snow and the Lakers are Daenerys Targaryen. Yes, winter is coming, but he won't be able to help himself in the end.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Kawhi is Jon Snow and the Lakers are Daenerys Targaryen. Yes, winter is coming, but he won't be able to help himself in the end.

Spoiler Alert.

But they're related!!
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Spoiler Alert.

But they're related!!

And they did it. Ewwwww!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Toronto is a wonderful city but LA is home. See you in '19 KW.

GO LAKERS!!
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Toronto is a wonderful city but LA is home. See you in '19 KW.

GO LAKERS!!

Especially in the winter - lol
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
srm90 wrote:
I feel like Masai is going to be reluctant to trade Kawhi at the deadline. Similar to how we were reluctant to trade Dwight at the deadline hoping to make a postseason run before Kobe tore his Achilles.

Masai is going to want to go for it, as he recognizes this will probably be the best chance the Raptors will ever have at making a title run for years to come (as slim as their chances are). If for some reason the team chemistry is just not there and they are below .500 at the deadline, I think then he would consider it.

FWIW many of us thought Dwight would stay in LA.

Didn't the front office wanted to trade Dwight for Blake Griffin?
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
The biggest point in all this that isn't getting any noise is how Ingram's growth might impact our interest in Kawhi.

But if Ingram grows as we expect him to, there's no need for us to get Kawhi and we can focus on getting guys on other positions/with other skills that'll fit our LeBron/Ingram duo better, like Klay or Kemba for example.

So we didn't get Kawhi, but if all goes well, we won't even need or want Kawhi after all.

If we can get Kawhi, then we should get Kawhi (assuming he's healthy). That is, if we get him in free agency, or at the trade deadline without giving away any of the young core.

There's no particular conflict with getting Kawhi and keeping Ingram. It's been pointed out a number of times that Kawhi's the shortest of KL/BI/LBJ, he's the best defender, and he's the best 3pt shooter. It's also been pointed out that in a KL/BI/LBJ lineup, KL can play the 2.

so, yeah...IF (big IF) BI's growth continues and we also acquire KL, I don't particularly see any huge conflict with having BI & KL on the floor (or the team) at the same time

and the plus side of adding KL, who's the top 2-way player in the league, is just too tantalizing to pass up.

I can see LBJ playing pg ala Magic and Show Time 2.

Back to KL, who's is now in Toronto for his physical. Once he passes it and the trade finalizes, do you think he'll tell Uriji, "I don't want to be here."
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
P.K. wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

I can see LBJ playing pg ala Magic and Show Time 2.

Back to KL, who's is now in Toronto for his physical. Once he passes it and the trade finalizes, do you think he'll tell Uriji, "I don't want to be here."

Did he take the physical or did the Raptors just waive the results.

Not seeing any reports of the deal being finalized this morning. Just curious if anyone has heard or seen any updates.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

Really hoping he's back at 100%. I miss watching him klamp down on the best wings in the league.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:

See you in 2019 Kawhi.

I'd love for someone to process this picture through Photoshop and have him stand there in a Laker jersey with the number "2019" on it.
Johnny Cage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I’m good with Ingram and Kuzma thanks. Not trading them for that injury prone, basket case. We’ll see you in free agency.

Wait, So you don’t want him because he’s an injury-prone basket case, but you can’t wait to have him next summer in free agency?
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

Johnny Cage wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I’m good with Ingram and Kuzma thanks. Not trading them for that injury prone, basket case. We’ll see you in free agency.

Wait, So you don’t want him because he’s an injury-prone basket case, but you can’t wait to have him next summer in free agency?

^^^ The key word there is "free".

Give up young talent for him? Nope. But I also won't mind signing him as a free agent next summer if he proves himself this season.
Johnny Cage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:

Everyone is like "lol Lakers are screwed now, Kawhi is gonna pull a PG and stay in Toronto."

I haven’t seen anyone other than Laker haters say that actually. Pretty much all realistic fans and talking media heads agree that he is going to LA next summer. This is just a one-year rental for Toronto. That’s pretty much all I’ve heard.

The real question is, is it going to be the Lakers or Clippers? With the Lakers clearly being the favorites and I would say it’s about a 80+% chance he’s a Laker next summer.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

I met up with a friend that I haven’t seen in a few months for breakfast...guy is close to Kawhi’s group and he said Kawhi is set on the Lakers in 2019. He thought it was going to happen for this season but the Spurs weren’t going to do it.

I feel confident about KL to Lakers now because I trust him and his relationship with Kawhi and his people.

Just thought I would share
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I met up with a friend that I haven’t seen in a few months for breakfast...guy is close to Kawhi’s group and he said Kawhi is set on the Lakers in 2019. He thought it was going to happen for this season but the Spurs weren’t going to do it.

I feel confident about KL to Lakers now because I trust him and his relationship with Kawhi and his people.

Thanks for sharing!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:

See you in 2019 Kawhi.

His face
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

We will save this post for next year
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

Johnny Cage wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

Everyone is like "lol Lakers are screwed now, Kawhi is gonna pull a PG and stay in Toronto."

I haven’t seen anyone other than Laker haters say that actually. Pretty much all realistic fans and talking media heads agree that he is going to LA next summer. This is just a one-year rental for Toronto. That’s pretty much all I’ve heard.

The real question is, is it going to be the Lakers or Clippers? With the Lakers clearly being the favorites and I would say it’s about a 80+% chance he’s a Laker next summer.

I am guessing that all you heard was that Paul George was going to be a Laker this offseason. The “bird in the hand” idea is pretty strong.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Johnny Cage wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

I am guessing that all you heard was that Paul George was going to be a Laker this offseason. The “bird in the hand” idea is pretty strong.

It wasn't just hearing it, PG himself made it known he wanted to be here several times. Besides, PG's decision was an anomaly, and shouldn't be considered at all when gauging Kawhi's interest here, ESPECIALLY if we have to give up an Ingram or Kuzma.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

If we were 100% sure Leonard was healthy I hope that we would have traded for him. But we didn’t know that. We knew George was healthy and didn’t even make a serious run at him, we thought he was a lock to come here. He wasn’t and neither is Leonard. Having that player when he becomes a FA >>>> not having him. I won’t criticize for not going after Leonard because of the injury issue but will for not going after George.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Johnny Cage wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

It wasn't just hearing it, PG himself made it known he wanted to be here several times. Besides, PG's decision was an anomaly, and shouldn't be considered at all when gauging Kawhi's interest here, ESPECIALLY if we have to give up an Ingram or Kuzma.

It's not an anomaly. The media always says every player wants to come play for the Lakers and as we saw in recent years, it wasn't always true.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 592, 593, 594 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 593 of 878
Jump to: