KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 628, 629, 630 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
He wants to be in LA, he gave up 50 million to do so.

dont think he be that more stupid than Paul George......

And there's two teams in LA. And one of them is first in The West.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Great One wrote:

By all accounts the Clippers would be far preferred for him. It seems really unlikely to me that he comes to the Lakers.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Great One wrote:

By all accounts the Clippers would be far preferred for him. It seems really unlikely to me that he comes to the Lakers.

So they say but we haven't heard from Kawhi or Uncle Dennis. There was also a rumor that he wouldn't mind playing with Lebron. Kawhi is a hard read period! And for that reason I'm not leaning towards any side on what he will do this coming free agency.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

KD will be a nice consolation prize
bbrawler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

I know this won't be popular on this forum, but I really hope Kawhi stays with the Raptors. The are playing some of the purest basketball I have ever seen, and I don't see him coming to the Lakers. I can't think of the last trade that ended up being such an immediate perfect fit as him in Toronto, and it would be a shame for it to just last for one season.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

bbrawler wrote:
I know this won't be popular on this forum, but I really hope Kawhi stays with the Raptors. The are playing some of the purest basketball I have ever seen, and I don't see him coming to the Lakers. I can't think of the last trade that ended up being such an immediate perfect fit as him in Toronto, and it would be a shame for it to just last for one season.

Who says that the entire team returns and are as effective? Raps have been good in the regular season but not as good in the playoffs. If the Raps fail again this year, it is rumored that the team will get blown up.
bbrawler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
bbrawler wrote:

Who says that the entire team returns and are as effective? Raps have been good in the regular season but not as good in the playoffs. If the Raps fail again this year, it is rumored that the team will get blown up.

But what constitutes failure? Most of their key pieces are under contract. I know the blow up was rumored, but I think with DeMar gone, it's much less likely. Many now think that that was the blow up. Anything can still happen, but it's really been one heck of a fit, and I can't see him having that same fit with our team. Don't get me wrong, I want a star signing, but for basketball reasons ( ), I think he's perfect where he is. I'd rather find someone who'd work better with us, like I think Beal, Davis or Lillard would be.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:

bbrawler wrote:

I'm good with him staying there too lol. We can get KD and end the Warriors run while Kawhi and the Raptors can (bleep) the Celtics every year.

Or Kawhi goes to us and KD ends the Warriors run and goes to NY to (bleep) the Celtics every year. Either way works for me.

Last edited by LandsbergerRules on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:44 am; edited 2 times in total
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
I'll take a healthy Kawhi over anyone except KD possibly.

If he wasn’t healthy, do you think he would show up at UCLA along with the other healthy NBA stars? I think he would be at some rehab facility instead.

What's healthy? He could be at 80% and still show up to "practice".

We have no clue how intense the workouts were. Or how much he played. Maybe most importantly how he felt the next day.

Only this season will tell how healthy he truly is. He could pass a physical, look great during camp and pre-season and then have quad/knee issues 20 games into the season.

The man played 9 games last season. Released reports were concerning with the potential long term and recurring effects of his injury. I would like to see more sustained activity at a high level before I start calling him healthy.

He plays 70 games and re-establishes himself as a top 10 player and he would be my number one free agent target. Before then I prefer the Lakers remain patient.

In hindsight, would you still have played it safe?

bump. Last season would’ve been so much better with KL on it.
Saul_Hudson
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
I'll take a healthy Kawhi over anyone except KD possibly.

If he wasn’t healthy, do you think he would show up at UCLA along with the other healthy NBA stars? I think he would be at some rehab facility instead.

What's healthy? He could be at 80% and still show up to "practice".

We have no clue how intense the workouts were. Or how much he played. Maybe most importantly how he felt the next day.

Only this season will tell how healthy he truly is. He could pass a physical, look great during camp and pre-season and then have quad/knee issues 20 games into the season.

The man played 9 games last season. Released reports were concerning with the potential long term and recurring effects of his injury. I would like to see more sustained activity at a high level before I start calling him healthy.

He plays 70 games and re-establishes himself as a top 10 player and he would be my number one free agent target. Before then I prefer the Lakers remain patient.

In hindsight, would you still have played it safe?

bump. Last season would’ve been so much better with KL on it.

We never had a chance to trade with Spurs. Pop spends his free time plotting against Lakers.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject:

Spurs got shafted......

Badly....
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
Spurs got shafted......

Badly....

Terrible trade, but hey petty is petty.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

I think Pop help Lakers on AD

Griffin and future GMs will realize how stupid it is to make it personal now Spurs stuck with Derozans crappy deal 2 more yrs at $28mm per

Lakers would have given him young players and cap space
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

Griffin and future GMs will realize how stupid it is to make it personal now Spurs stuck with Derozans crappy deal 2 more yrs at $28mm per

That wasn’t what he wanted, he wanted to compete for the playoffs.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
YSong wrote:

1 and done is competing. OK
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
YSong wrote:

More than annual lottery visits. Not every team aspires to be bad, the Spurs are one who doesn’t. Fans of the worst team in the league aren’t qualified to criticize teams that choose to compete.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
YSong wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
YSong wrote:

More than annual lottery visits. Not every team aspires to be bad, the Spurs are one who doesn’t. Fans of the worst team in the league aren’t qualified to criticize teams that choose to compete.

Says you? LoL
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

Derozan's contract isn't bad. He's a perennial All-Star making less that $30M per season. A bad contract would be Andrew Wiggins, Kyle Lowry or Gordon Hayward.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

Toronto is sneaky old - Lowry, Gasol, Green are going to be 33, 32, 35 next season. This year feels like it's their best shot, so you can see the angle that he doesn't have the best window in Toronto over his next contract.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

bbrawler wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
bbrawler wrote:

But what constitutes failure? Most of their key pieces are under contract. I know the blow up was rumored, but I think with DeMar gone, it's much less likely. Many now think that that was the blow up. Anything can still happen, but it's really been one heck of a fit, and I can't see him having that same fit with our team. Don't get me wrong, I want a star signing, but for basketball reasons ( ), I think he's perfect where he is. I'd rather find someone who'd work better with us, like I think Beal, Davis or Lillard would be.

I can’t wait until Kawhi shatters your pretty little heart. Just like Masai Ujiri when he lied and broke DeRozan’s heart. Like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. He ripped his heart out of his chest. Purest Basketball? What the Canuck are you talking about? I don’t even care if Kawhi doesn’t come to the Lakers. It’ll be hilarious if Kawhi left and stomped on your Calico Critters house on the way out. You know who also played purest basketball? The 73-9 Warriors. A Lebron James teabag and some rough play on Curry took care of that.

Sorry. Enjoy your Canadian Sunday. 😁
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

bbrawler wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
bbrawler wrote:

Evidently winning constitutes failure.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Toronto is sneaky old - Lowry, Gasol, Green are going to be 33, 32, 35 next season. This year feels like it's their best shot, so you can see the angle that he doesn't have the best window in Toronto over his next contract.

But he would with 35-38 yo Lebron?
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Did I say that??
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Did I say that??

No, that’s why I asked.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Borrowing from 32's figures on the first page and updating for retaining Bullock's Bird Rights, Pick #11, and signing Kawhi.

$37,430,000......LeBron James (1)
$32,700,000......Kawhi Leonard (2)
$8,719,320........Lonzo Ball (3)
$7,265,485........Brandon Ingram (4)
$2,164,680........Moritz Wagner (5)
$1,974,600........Kyle Kuzma (6)
$1,934,160........Josh Hart (7)
$1,416,852........Isaac Bonga (8)
$4,750,000........Reggie Bullock (cap hold; 9)
$2,450,000........Pick #11 (cap hold; 10)
$897,158...........Min Salary (11)
$897,158...........Min Salary (12)

Total Salary/holds....$102,962,213
Luol Deng Stretch.....$5,000,000

Total Cap Obligation..$107,962,213
Projected Cap.........$109,000,0000

Cap Room*..............$1,934,954

Calculated as Projected cap - cap obligations + one min cap hold (because when you sign a free agent, or retain a free agent's rights under this limit, it releases the hold). For example, LA could either retain Jones, or retain JaVale's non-bird rights under this amount. They could also release rights to both and sign a free agent up to that figure. It also gives them a little space to account for the cap coming in slightly lower.

First year salary if we move up in the lottery:
#1 $6,804,300
#2 $6,088,000
#3 $5,467,200
#4 $4,929,200
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 628, 629, 630 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 629 of 878
Jump to: