KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 688, 689, 690 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

Ainge, Woj, and Windouche all have the same account.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
YSong wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
I took the day off work to go to the parade in Toronto today. There were ~2.5M people, possibly more. The entire city was basically shut down. Literally every single person there was yelling "STAY! STAY! STAY", "5 MORE YEARS 5 MORE YEARS 5 MORE YEARS", including his uncle. The love the city has for this guy is unreal. The people praise him. He even received PM Trudeau's & the Mayor's approval.

Sorry folks, might as well lock this - There is NO WAY Kawhi leaves.

Lakers vs Raps finals is a lock!

You’re from Toronto? Man I feel for you bro. I know you think in the moment that Kawhi is staying but in about 2 weeks get ready to burn his jersey cause he is coming to LA. Despite watching him play for a year it’s obvious you don’t understand him at all if you think he is going to be swayed by any of the things you mentioned. But hey you can’t complain he gave you a chip. First in team history. Right?

What sways Kawhi is winning and now he is a champion with Toronto.

Pop says hi ... I swear all you ever do is piss on the Lakers.

Are you new to this site? FWIW, he's the driving force of me leaving LG for Reddit. Came back for scoops from insiders like you though.

You're that sensitive? That another poster can drive you away from LG...

I'd say you need to grow thicker skin, but I think it's a pair you need...

Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

Lakers haven’t been talking to Woj at least since 2015 (Dlo draft). All his reporting are sourced from the other team.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

Woj is a total hater - Why do we hang on his every word when he's obviously speaking to Boston fans?!? Not going to be disappointed if we don't land KL.

AD for me was a must get - & we got'em!!!

KL seems like a pipe dream and perhaps even a smoke screen to allows us to talk to other top FA's (Butler, Kemba, Kyrie).

But even if we don't land another top FA - WE GOT ANTHONY FREGGIN DAVIS!!!
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject:

Ballmer hired Lee Jenkins to distribute the cash to shills like Woj...notice the Clipper narrative with no source
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

when we sign Kawhi, maybe we ll have wojs attention, till then we
gather a humble extra mega stars team!
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

So it's Woj vs. Cuffs/Damon Jones/Cris Carter.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:

Its obvious Woj pays for his woj bombs. Pels paid woj to provide the details of the AD trade in the best possible light favoring New Orleans. There is no doubt.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

TheKing23 wrote:
Ballmer hired Lee Jenkins to distribute the cash to shills like Woj...notice the Clipper narrative with no source

Haha that's true
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Username wrote:

Its obvious Woj pays for his woj bombs. Pels paid woj to provide the details of the AD trade in the best possible light favoring New Orleans. There is no doubt.

I don't think he pays (he might) but the way he gets his scoops is by writing positive stories for agents/GMs and in turn, they leak him info for the next client who has news.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Username wrote:

I don't think he pays (he might) but the way he gets his scoops is by writing positive stories for agents/GMs and in turn, they leak him info for the next client who has news.

Pays means not $$$

Pays means spreading agenda in Liu of trade/draft news
JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

FU #2 Coward/Traitor.

Last edited by JJLakers on Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

I personally don’t think Kawhi wants to join a team with multiple star players. This is usually reserved for players who hasn’t had a taste of championship. I think his focus is building his legacy. Playing near his home is a factor too and that’s why Clippers are in play. He will have a more outstanding legacy if he brings championships to the Raptors or Clippers than being part of the trio on this Lakers team. Raptors have a more complete team and would still be a contender if he stays so that will be my bet. But if he can bring a championship to both the Raptors and Clippers, his legacy will be established. The main attraction about the Lakers is he will instantly become more popular simply because we are the Lakers and the attention of this amazing trio even if we fail to win in the playoff.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
I personally don’t think Kawhi wants to join a team with multiple star players. This is usually reserved for players who hasn’t had a taste of championship. I think his focus is building his legacy. Playing near his home is a factor too and that’s why Clippers are in play. He will have a more outstanding legacy if he brings championships to the Raptors or Clippers than being part of the trio on this Lakers team. Raptors have a more complete team and would still be a contender if he stays so that will be my bet. But if he can bring a championship to both the Raptors and Clippers, his legacy will be established. The main attraction about the Lakers is he will instantly become more popular simply because we are the Lakers and the attention of this amazing trio even if we fail to win in the playoff.

I do think even with that feisty Clips team, he will have to work really hard to make the Finals again. He has no proven 2nd star on that team, and while that worked for the Raptors, they also had a deep crew of 2 way players (I'm looking at you Lou Will) with Lowry, Siakam, etc.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

If kawhi wants to carry that load on a clippers team, good for him
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:

Legacy is how many rings you have. He has health issues. He wants to get paid and win rings. Clippers is not a place to do that. He can be known as multiple rings winner or the idiot who joined the clips and never reach finals again .
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Username wrote:

And not surprisingly, most of the echo chamber ran with the same narrative.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

Usually the team NBA fans want you to go to is the team you shouldn’t. Everyone wants him to go to the Clippers over the Lakers because he’ll be less of a threat. You can almost hear the fear in the comments at the potential of him joining AD and Bron. I’d be telling him the same if I was a fan of another team.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Lakers haven’t been talking to Woj at least since 2015 (Dlo draft). All his reporting are sourced from the other team.

Yeah, I guess he must have found out from another team when be broke the story of the Lakers signing Lebron, or signing Frank Vogel, or trading for AD.

Love the way people here hating his take just because it doesn't support the Lakers. The guy has a history of being right far more often then being wrong.

Based on his recent reporing, he's pretty much writing off the ability for the Lakers to sign a top max free agent(because they don't have the $$$) and instead distributing the remaining $$$ that they have on lesser players to fill out the roster.
Maginka
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

You have to look at hoiw much Kawhi credited load management, he does not want to have to carry the load for a Clippers team that will ask him to bring it every night.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Yeah, I guess he must have found out from another team when be broke the story of the Lakers signing Lebron, or signing Frank Vogel, or trading for AD.

Love the way people here hating his take just because it doesn't support the Lakers. The guy has a history of being right far more often then being wrong.

Based on his recent reporing, he's pretty much writing off the ability for the Lakers to sign a top max free agent(because they don't have the $$$) and instead distributing the remaining $$$ that they have on lesser players to fill out the roster.

He also said lakers have nothing pelicans want. How that work out ?
JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

FU #2 Coward/Traitor.

Last edited by JJLakers on Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

We are all taking shrooms in this thread, but if we get Kawhi who the (bleep) cares about 2025.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
If kawhi wants to carry that load on a clippers team, good for him

It's sort of an opposite of a load management team.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:

LeBron will likely be gone in a couple years. It’s going to be Kawhi and AD going forward. If it’s Kawhi’s intent to return home and play in LA and the Lakers make a good pitch (which I’m sure they will) he’ll be a Laker.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 688, 689, 690 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 689 of 878
Jump to: