KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 874, 875, 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
kobetimeeverytime wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
MedRomLaker wrote:
from Mona

Quote:
Much will be made of the Lakers and Raptors end of this. But as of about 2 hours before Leonard chose the Clippers Friday night, his camp was asking the Lakers to delay the AD trade until Sat/Sun, sources tell ESPN. No reason given. Just a condition.

DIRTY SNAKE!!!

Yea if true dirty.. But think about it..

There isn't anything a front office wont do to get a championship, no player they wont move. They will act in their own best interest, always, no matter the collateral damage. Kawhi exhibited the same cold hearted business not personal attitude that we see from the majority of NBA front offices.

I think what's caught a lot of people off guard is you wouldn't expect Kawhi to be so shrewed.

EDIT: Remember when Magic told the kids it's business, nothing personal? Karma has a funny way of sneaking up on ya.

So he was decided on Clippers all along and just stalling for time and leaking Lakers in order to clear the road for Clippers to get the trade done.

machiavellian. We will see how it works out for him in the end

You could see it coming.. He tried to team up with KD there.. then JB.. I always had the feeling that he was looking for someone to join him with the Clippers. What I didn't anticipate was them making a trade to get him that second star.

You gotta give them credit for getting their work done covertly.

I believe you were one of the posters who raised this concern - good instincts. Right or wrong I just feel like we got majorly played. And if we are to believe what woj wrote there is the possibility we were never really an option since it appears Toronto was also in on the PG13 sweepstakes to get KL to sign.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
RDA deleted his twitter account
Rolex and that other guy are gone
Arye is totally confirmed to be a fake

LOL

I know they are stupid for saying 100%
One thing we can be sure is that all their sources were from inside the Lakers organization(not arye), Lakers themselves got played bad, so can you really blame them?
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

I shouldn't have underestimated what a douche Kawhi is. The breakup with San Antonio was ugly and mostly on him. Going to Dodger games instead of being with his team when they were playing in the playoffs. Now he did the Raptors just as dirty as he did us, only that's a team he just won a championship with. But the dude can really play, so he can get away with it for now.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

myjohnsonismagic wrote:
MikeHoncho wrote:
And here it is:

Quote:
@wojespn
Story soon on ESPN: In a dramatic night of negotiations, Thunder GM Sam Presti leveraged the Clippers and Raptors in trade talks on Paul George. The Clippers ability to deliver an unprecedented pool of picks and PG Shai Gilgeous-Alexander ruled day.

Lakers played like a drum.

And thats why you always heard our name in the media, Kawhi's camp would have said to both the Raps and Clips, get PG or we go to the Lakers. We were never in it

Sam presti and OKC turn out to be the biggest winner, and the draft record of Sam is awesome, so OKC will be back soon.

The fact that Kawhi asked both raptors and the clippers to trade for PG13 was a dick move. I think raptors would likely have to offer siakam and lots of picks. Basically kawhi used Lakers to pressure the raptors and the clippers into a bidding war for PG13, I am not sure any team should be happy
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

From the WOJ video, the raptors almost landed both Westbrook and Pg13
So this is not about kawhi not wanting to join super teams, it is about how he doesn’t like to play with Lebron

Last edited by mad55557777 on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
myjohnsonismagic wrote:
MikeHoncho wrote:
And here it is:

Quote:
@wojespn
Story soon on ESPN: In a dramatic night of negotiations, Thunder GM Sam Presti leveraged the Clippers and Raptors in trade talks on Paul George. The Clippers ability to deliver an unprecedented pool of picks and PG Shai Gilgeous-Alexander ruled day.

Lakers played like a drum.

And thats why you always heard our name in the media, Kawhi's camp would have said to both the Raps and Clips, get PG or we go to the Lakers. We were never in it

Sam presti and OKC turn out to be the biggest winner, and the draft record of Sam is awesome, so OKC will be back soon.

The fact that Kawhi asked both raptors and the clippers to trade for PG13 was a dick move. I think raptors would likely have to offer siakam and lots of picks. Basically kawhi used Lakers to pressure the raptors and the clippers into a bidding war for PG13, I am not sure any team should be happy

I feel like there was a big party. We are “invited”. We show up and they close the door in our face. Laughing.
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

I know I'm being really petty, but I hate that [bleep]. I wanted the Lakers to use that money initially to put together a great team instead of a top-heavy one. It sucks to have missed out on so many FAs. F**k you, Kawhi.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

The thing that surprises me most though is that nothing got out about these PG trade discussions. OKC got a pretty nice haul, but I still would think if you're trading a guy who was just a top 3 MVP candidate, you'd shop him around to just about every team in the league to see what you could get, and word would get out.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

Makes me respect Lebron that much more. He signed with a bad Lakers team day 1 without any other star lined up
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
So this is not about kawhi not wanting to join super teams, it is about how he doesn’t like to play with Lebron

but the latest woj retweet says raps were used as leverage and they wouldn't have been allowed to make that deal
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

but the latest woj retweet says raps were used as leverage and they wouldn't have been allowed to make that deal

Either way, let’s say if kawhi torn an ACL or Achilles next year sometime, I would probably be cheering loudly. No need to show class to snakes
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

I’m still shocked presti was ok with the deal

Yes I know they got quite a bit but I thought the line from that organization was “we’ve never been fully healthy” during the first round exits and they believed when fully running they were championship caliber

I can’t but help think the fact he knew it would F the Lakers pushed him over the top to make the deal. One comment that is sticking with me in the article is “presti didn’t want a trade request hanging over his head”.,,does he mean that PG13 would’ve gone public with it and demanded to clips...after KL signs with clippers? I mean PG13s leverage here goes down it would seem if KL was not going there

Just food for thought
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
I’m still shocked presti was ok with the deal

Yes I know they got quite a bit but I thought the line from that organization was “we’ve never been fully healthy” during the first round exits and they believed when fully running they were championship caliber

I can’t but help think the fact he knew it would F the Lakers pushed him over the top to make the deal. One comment that is sticking with me in the article is “presti didn’t want a trade request hanging over his head”.,,does he mean that PG13 would’ve gone public with it and demanded to clips...after KL signs with clippers? I mean PG13s leverage here goes down it would seem if KL was not going there

Just food for thought

yeah, that's what i don't get. he just signed his contract, he had what, 3-4 years left on his deal and he demands a trade? so can other players do that now too?
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

Quad_Corner_Bounce wrote:
This is all Jerry West right? Kawhi and his uncle Dennis are not pulling this off by themselves.

Imagine getting played by some "Uncle Dennis." Sheesh.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

PG is just a straight-up douche' bag but KL has been a Clipper fan all his life, Doc is his favorite coach.
We were never in the loop; it was all a smokescreen.

I have no problem with KL signing with the Clips but the way they shafted us is almost criminal. Classless.

I wish them all nothing but the worst.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject:

Bballguru5000 wrote:
Quad_Corner_Bounce wrote:
This is all Jerry West right? Kawhi and his uncle Dennis are not pulling this off by themselves.

Imagine getting played by some "Uncle Dennis." Sheesh.

"Uncle Buck"
lakerstekkenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Kawhi’s team knew it was clippers and tried to scam us to delay AD and miss free agents. Probably Balmer in on it as well

I hope we crush their souls this yr and the load management fails them

I agree 100% that's exactly what he did delay and extend his decision so we could miss out on the better deeper free agents, so we could get even better but now unless we make another trade we are scraping the bottom and everyone is even or a little better then us bench wise, but LeBron has beaten Golden State at full strength before Durant with no injuries with Cleveland who had less talent.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

I don't think Lakers were played, we were his 2nd option. His 1st option was Clippers with PG13, if they couldn't get him, he would have come. But, it's just my guess.
soltini
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

In the end I’m okay with not getting kwahi. Him and Paul George don’t deserve to wear Laker Jerseys. We will be okay. I had concerns that having Kwahi team up with LeBron and AD would work. Kwahi in my opinion is a little overrated. He’s good but not the best player in NBA. He wants to be alpha dog but never could have been with this team. The lakers need to find some shooters now and they will be set for upcoming season
soltini
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Kawhi did click his heels 3 times and repeated "THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME" Sad it wasn't to the Lakers. The Clippers have a great chance to bring home the Larry O'Brien. They have a solid squad, excellent coach, a great FO and deep pockets. Every where Jerry goes greatness follows. I bet he was key in getting Kawhi to sign with the Clippers. Zu and Lou must be smiling
Great coach??? Doc is so overrated. He wins a ring in Boston and now he is a great coach lol
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

Boo them. Boo those two snakes all over Los Angeles.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

Clippers are overrated. They had a good season last year but people seem to forget that they had Tobias Harris for about 50 something games and Danilo Gallinari had an awesome year with career highs in both points and rebounds while shooting 43% from 3pts.

Both those guys are gone now along with SGA. Kawhi will be in for a reality check and will soon find out that he won't be able to load manage next season especially in the west.

I'm not hoping he gets injured but I sure hope his decision backfires on him somehow come playoff time.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

RELAX, my connect says Kawhi to the Lakers is still 100%. This is all smokescreen. Welcome our new OG
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

I'm disappointed but still believe we'll be a contender. Hate if you want to but the Clippers are going to be a force. It's LeBron and Anthony vs Kawai and Paul. when the teams meet at Staples. If you want tickets you better buy them now while there cheap.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
HeatCandela
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
But (bleep) Kawhi........Lets see what happens in April/May/June 2020. Lets see where you're at Kawhi.

Exactly. This (bleep)'s gonna backfire and it's gonna be absolutely hysterical. Right about now my neighbor, who as we all know is a Dubs bandwagon, is here at my house now bandwagonning on the Clippers and taunting me and (bleep). I think I'll egg his car tomorrow. (bleep) Kawhi, (bleep) George, and (bleep) Doc and the Clippers. (bleep) their bandwagoneers too. Move to San Diego and rot over there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 874, 875, 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 875 of 878
Jump to: