KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 875, 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure Kawhi didnt intend to sign with us like some r saying. I think he exhausted his 3 options and wanted to join the situation in best position to help him compete for a title. And while having a big 3 of kawhi ad and lebron would make us favorites, with paul george being added to the other 2 teams, having almost fully constructed rosters and being teams with recent success and continuity, I can see how he might feel those were better situations for winning.

Personally I'm not tripping, it's good for the NBA to not have super teams and the next few years are going to be anyone's game. The competition will be fun to watch. If I'm being honest, having a big 3 would have been boring, I hated watching the warriors annihilate everyone the last couple years. Dont get me wrong that's not to say I wouldnt have enjoyed watching the lakers dominate but I rather watching exciting games than total annihilation.

I will say this however, kawhi and pg13 should be the most hated men in LA. Cluck the Fippers! I hope snoop, and jack nicholson, will Ferrell, Wahlberg, etc all the lakers celebs boycott the hell out of Kawhi and pg13. Make coming home for them as miserable as possible.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

Someone needs to do a QFOS before and after edition. Somewhere around page 864 is when the announcement was made.

PS. F all the "insiders". Attention hungry morons.
Quad_Corner_Bounce
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

NBA Schedule TBA: Clippers vs Lakers Christmas Day 2019

Ratings crusher!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Lets just call it what it is...Lakers and their fans were bamboozled, hoodwinked, tricked, played, call it what you will. They lost valuable time and free agents because they intentionally undermined us, this will only add fuel to the fire of this rivalry this upcoming season.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Boo them. Boo those two snakes all over Los Angeles.

What's wrong with snakes?! #Mambamentality 🐍
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Lets just call it what it is...Lakers and their fans were bamboozled, hoodwinked, tricked, played, call it what you will. They lost valuable time and free agents because they intentionally undermined us, this will only add fuel to the fire of this rivalry this upcoming season.

While I 100% agree, I really don't know how the team would have filled the roster better if Kawhi was honest with the Laks from the start--well, except by not overpaying KCP, but that is another issue. Of the three players I hoped for, Green, Beverley, and one of Boogie or JaVale, only Beverley--who gave a home team discount which the Laks were not--did the team not get. And on top of it, they got both JaVale and Boogie, plus.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

If it comes out Kawhi sabotaged Lakers might be a hit on his image and New Balance $$
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Now we know why KL camp demanded 100% secrecy from teams -- so he could screw two of the teams before they could catch on. (bleep) KL.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Now we know why KL camp demanded 100% secrecy from teams -- so he could screw two of the teams before they could catch on. (bleep) KL.

Went from hometown hero to actual villian in his hometown
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Went from hometown hero to actual villian in his hometown

He won't ever win with the Clippers lol. This is fueling LBJ so much, can't wait for next season. I'm LOVING our roster atm.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

I guess we'll find out how Kawhi and PG13 are on the court together. I do think its hilarious that this blew up in LeBron's face though. LeBron wanted both of these guys at one point but they rather have each other than LeBron.

That being said this is why the Pacers are never going to amount to anything beyond good enough... this team drafted both players and Larry Bird's dumbass lacked the foresight to put them together and get something out of it. Maybe the Clippers might.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Looks like this guy was vindicated again just like with bryce harper:

https://twitter.com/pregame_steam

Called kawhi not going to the lakers on Jun 30th
Quad_Corner_Bounce
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Looks like this guy was vindicated again just like with bryce harper:

https://twitter.com/pregame_steam

Called kawhi not going to the lakers on Jun 30th

If it makes any of you feel a little bit better (misery loves company), Raptors GM Masai Ujiri is in shock (+Drake). He realized that he was played, and honestly believed that Kawhi wanted to stay in Toronto, right from the beginning of the season.

Masai's quick 1 twitter Raptor post summed up as "Thank you"; Drake went silent; Kawhi's sister posting Instagram like she's working for a funeral home (respect the dead).

Kawhi's game on or off the court is the same: "Take no prisoners".
----------------------------------------------------------
Kawhi Leonard 'didn't like the Lakers' when he was growing up in LA

Kawhi Leonard spoke with Raptors’ announcer Eric Smith about who his favorite teams were while growing up in California, and his answer is a bit surprising. According to Smith, Kawhi stated that while his family members were Laker fans, he leaned in a different direction.

“I liked Allen Iverson. I was an A.I. fan. I didn’t like the Lakers.” – Kawhi Leonard
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Kawhi. Your career will die with the Clippers and you wont win (bleep) with Paul George. Enjoy the misery. (bleep)
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Adrian Wojnarowski wrote:

In the end, Toronto didn't have assets to satisfy OKC --- with or without Siakam in any proposed deal. The fear of Toronto entering into trade talks with OKC only proved to guarantee the Clippers would go the distance with five first-round picks and SGA in deal for George.
Jul 6, 2019ReplyRetweetFavorite

Oklahoma City was in talks to trade Russell Westbrook with Paul George to Toronto for Pascal Siakam had Kawhi Leonard decided to resign with Toronto.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

soltini wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Kawhi did click his heels 3 times and repeated "THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME" Sad it wasn't to the Lakers. The Clippers have a great chance to bring home the Larry O'Brien. They have a solid squad, excellent coach, a great FO and deep pockets. Every where Jerry goes greatness follows. I bet he was key in getting Kawhi to sign with the Clippers. Zu and Lou must be smiling
Great coach??? Doc is so overrated. He wins a ring in Boston and now he is a great coach lol

That's the opinion of many sports pundits and other coaches. He did a good job last season. He has the personnel to show what he capable of next season.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Lesson no1: Never ever trust someone who betrayed in the past, he will
betray again.
Lesson no2 :Always take quick decisions and leave the undecided people
behind.
Lesson no 3: Never ever chase someone who doesnt want you like crazy.
Quad_Corner_Bounce
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

Aaron Mintz has officially burned ALL bridges with the Lakers.

https://hoopshype.com/reps/aaron-mintz/

“No” to any and all of his clients .

This "masterpiece" FA / Trade scam, was set up prior to June 30th FA signings by Jerry West (+Doc Rivers) - high stakes poker at it's best.

Why would PG request a trade 3-4 days AFTER the FA period, where most teams wouldn't have the cap space / draft picks to execute the deal (no competition with the Clippers - see the pathetic attempt to appease Raptors)?

The "Kawhi reaching out to KD" is a smokescreen (deflect PG attention); the "Magic leaking" causing the trade to fall through (Jerry West still has a gripe with the Lakers?). Looks like Clippers were leaking to help deflect attention AWAY from them and punish the Lakers.

It was REALLY strange how quiet the Clippers were during this whole process, and we now know "Why" - They knew what was going down right from the beginning - It was like a poker player shoving all-in and then going completely still, to avoid giving away a "tell" so no one could "read' them.

Reported that Kawhi was at Doc Rivers Malibu home for 3 hours night before he met the Lakers / PG (next day).

Basically, Jerry West damaged one contender (delayed Lakers FA signings), and gutted the other two (OKC / Raptors) - 3 contenders in 5 days is not bad work.

This NBA commissioner seems weak so nothing will happen - If Jerry West could be tied to this then at least:

1- PG trade becomes void
2- Clippers loose at least half their draft picks & couple Million fine
3- Kawhi becomes FA immediately but can't sign with the Clippers (+Lakers +Raptors +OKC)

The Lakers and Raptors had ZERO chance of signing Kawhi in FA - they just didn't know - But the Clippers did!

"The Sting"

Quad_Corner_Bounce wrote:
This is all Jerry West right? Kawhi and his uncle Dennis are not pulling this off by themselves.

Hindsight: 50K tampering charge is pennies now by the Clippers on Kawhi.

1 - Clippers target Kawhi from last year (clear cap / hoard draft picks)

2- Give Kawhi time to recruit 2nd star when FA opens

3- Fails and both agree to target PG (says Kawhi met w/ PG early in week)

4- Jerry advising how PG can force his way out of OKC

5- Jerry tells Kawhi to string Lakers / Raptors to keep PG asking price down

6- OKC tries to play off the Clippers w/ Raptors & Pascal but they have little assets

Had Kawhi been able to convince a 2nd star to go to Clips, this would of ended FA early.

Bottom line, is that Jerry West got the man he's been planning all along for the last two years.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

CL! Yes, this is war
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

Lakers and raptors should make a case for collusion to the NBA.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
(bleep) Kawhi. Your career will die with the Clippers and you wont win (bleep) with Paul George. Enjoy the misery. (bleep)
Quad_Corner_Bounce
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

I was going to make a Post in the LA Lakers Lounge with title of "Should Lakers / Raptors Have NBA Investigate Clippers Jerry West (Kawhi)", but I don't have 100 posts yet.

It would be interesting to see how everyone feels, considering that Jerry West is enjoying Magic taking a public beating (leaks caused FA failure), for a FA signing that was never going to happen.

How about you (someone) create that Post on collusion?

Jerry West wanted to prove to everybody how an 81 year-old is still smarter then everyone (++++Lakers)

My previous comment fits accordingly:

From the outside, Clippers are treated as counterfeit Lakers by everyone.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

Well, in Jerry's defense, he deserved to stick it to Jeanie and Magic. It was absurd not to welcome him back to the Lakers. All he wanted to do was go back to his team for his swan song.

All magic has to do was say yes... But if his ego was so fragile, preface it with "Jerry, I'll listen to you, but I get final say... And don't have a hissy fit if I go a different direction than you want"

But no, they basically blew him off like he was a senile old man or something.

oaktown_dimond wrote:

I was going to make a Post in the LA Lakers Lounge with title of "Should Lakers / Raptors Have NBA Investigate Clippers Jerry West (Kawhi)", but I don't have 100 posts yet.

It would be interesting to see how everyone feels, considering that Jerry West is enjoying Magic taking a public beating (leaks caused FA failure), for a FA signing that was never going to happen.

How about you (someone) create that Post on collusion?

Jerry West wanted to prove to everybody how an 81 year-old is still smarter then everyone (++++Lakers)

My previous comment fits accordingly:

From the outside, Clippers are treated as counterfeit Lakers by everyone.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

had, took, run amok, Plymouth rock
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

and led astray... this is what #2 does.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 875, 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 876 of 878
Jump to: