KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
5 vs 8... Who you got?

LeBron, Kawhi, PG, Hart, Lopez

LeBron, PG, Randle, Ball, BI, Kuz, Hart, Lopez

People don't even take into account foul trouble. Injuries are obviously a risk but so is foul trouble.

Kawhi has just picked up his third personal... Travis Wear will now come in for the final eight minutes of the second half. Lopez will sit down and Ivica Zubac is coming in the game. Hopefully they can hold their eight point lead.

Did u even question the other poster why is he trading 5 of our young assets for KL in 1st place?

Lakers r not that stupid. Losing BI/Luz/lonzo/randle/25 for KL is not worth it

I've been reading your posts and I see you've been holding out for reasonable trades for Kawhi. As you know, I've said even myself I have no problem giving up two players we were probably not going to sign anyway... but I just don't think that will be enough.

I'm guessing it will take three or two and losing Randle plus picks.

If it is less then maybe it could be worth it. But still losing two of Ball/Ingram/Kuzma plus picks is a heavy price. And we don't know if he's healthy.

I think if we want Kawhi that badly... then you take only one of LBJ or PG... then try to sign him next year.

I just don't see how LBJ/Kawhi/PG works with no bench. They are so good that they still could win... but any injury... any setback would end the run.

I think two plus the core is a better plan.

If you could get all 3, that's something you worry about later. That's a contending team for at least 3 seasons. The bench will be built. Ring chasers. Draft picks. The bench will come. The overwhelming star talent, 2 superstars and a star, that's not something that's ever guaranteed.

I personally wouldn't give a flying (bleep) if we had to give up everyone on the (bleep) roster if the end result was Paul George, LeBron James and Kawhi Leonard. I don't suspect we'd have to do that, but you're balking at 2? We should be so lucky. Come on. Okay. Keep Lonzo. Get rid of everyone else. It's just emotion that would keep you from pulling the trigger. Logic and intelligence will tell you that having 2 superstars and another star player is the better bet than a couple guys that have shown flashes of being good down the line. The only thing that could possibly tell you different is emotion, which is understandable since we've been sold that these guys are the future and we've had them since their entrance into the league.

BUT

Lonzo could turn into Steph in 4 years, Ingram into Kwi in 3, and the correct play would still be to trade their asses if you have the chance to assemble PG/Kwi/LeBron right now.

You're assuming Kawhi is 100%. No way am I selling the farm for this version of Kawhi who may have a permanent ailment.

If we only get 1 FA this summer, then we can let Kawhi play out this next season and revisit him in free agency next summer. Or we can make a move at the deadline. There's way too much risk in trading for Kawhi this summer.

I prefer to stay the course. Go after Lebron/PG and keep the kids. If only 1 of them signs, then we can sign Kawhi next summer and not have to trade away any talent. This was always the plan.

Maybe in the old days without GSW and Boston this might work... but you have two super deep teams already... and other teams like Philly and Houston close on their heels.

If you just want to make money and put fans in the seats... those three will do that. If you want to win a championship... I don't think those three with journeymen are enough anymore. Especially because of LBJ's age and Kawhi's injuries.

Could they win? Sure... LBJ almost won with half the quality this year.
But at his age can he take another 82 games with little rest and another 25 games in the post season? Can Kawhi play more than his 58 game average? Will there be any diminishment to his game?

I just think putting an old man and an injured player... no matter how great they are... on a team with no depth isn't good for anyone.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

This is either IG...a kid...or IG is a kid.

Burner accounts at its finest/worst

2.0, IG, and now USC

Inspector Gadget wrote:
USCnLakers wrote:
And what’s funny? YALL CALLING in Right now in Freddie and Fitzsimmons Show right now live on ESPN 710. Why y’all flip flopping? As soon as Freddie calling you on your balogne regarding Kawhi versus young core. You say you’re right I would do it for Kawhi lol???

I appreciate you’re efforts in keeping us in the loop

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
5 vs 8... Who you got?

LeBron, Kawhi, PG, Hart, Lopez

LeBron, PG, Randle, Ball, BI, Kuz, Hart, Lopez

People don't even take into account foul trouble. Injuries are obviously a risk but so is foul trouble.

Kawhi has just picked up his third personal... Travis Wear will now come in for the final eight minutes of the second half. Lopez will sit down and Ivica Zubac is coming in the game. Hopefully they can hold their eight point lead.

Did u even question the other poster why is he trading 5 of our young assets for KL in 1st place?

Lakers r not that stupid. Losing BI/Luz/lonzo/randle/25 for KL is not worth it

I've been reading your posts and I see you've been holding out for reasonable trades for Kawhi. As you know, I've said even myself I have no problem giving up two players we were probably not going to sign anyway... but I just don't think that will be enough.

I'm guessing it will take three or two and losing Randle plus picks.

If it is less then maybe it could be worth it. But still losing two of Ball/Ingram/Kuzma plus picks is a heavy price. And we don't know if he's healthy.

I think if we want Kawhi that badly... then you take only one of LBJ or PG... then try to sign him next year.

I just don't see how LBJ/Kawhi/PG works with no bench. They are so good that they still could win... but any injury... any setback would end the run.

I think two plus the core is a better plan.

honestly the only guy i am willing to trade is 1 of BI/Lonzo and a pick to get KL.

another 1st and deng to a team for expirer like Asik, Chandler, Z Bo, I man Shumpert.

Keep 1 of BI/Lonzo and Kuz. Randle is a casualty i m ok losing with.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
USCnLakers wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
USCnLakers wrote:
Listen LG. I’m not here to convince you. Believe what ever you want. I really don’t care. I just relay information. I listened to Dr klapper today. He says no issues. I also listened to ESPN Chicago Waddle & Silvy talking about Bulls interested in Lonzo + deng. Take it for whatever it’s worth.

And what’s funny? YALL CALLING in Right now in Freddie and Fitzsimmons Show right now live on ESPN 710. Why y’all flip flopping? As soon as Freddie calling you on your balogne regarding Kawhi versus young core. You say you’re right I would do it for Kawhi lol???

I'll be convinced if I see you after the free agency period rooting on the team next season.

You showed up out of nowhere... and it's hard to tell whether you are someone's alt... from another board... what your agenda is.

I hope you are a true Lakers fan and we see you for a long time... but I'm always suspicious when someone comes out of nowhere posting heavily at a crucial period.

Guess you can’t lurk the board before signing up? Been lurking for awhile my man.

You must have bottled up alot of things you wanted to say all this time huh?

lol I lurked for awhile too.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

anyone watch or listen to Cowherd today? see tweets saying that Stein was on today and told him Pop and the Spurs have had a change of heart and will listen to Lakers offers....but i cannot find anything from a "good" source.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

The only way we get KL is if he let's the team trading for him that he's not ready and he's sitting out next year as well. Which I hope he does. That's a sure way that no team would trade for him.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
anyone watch or listen to Cowherd today? see tweets saying that Stein was on today and told him Pop and the Spurs have had a change of heart and will listen to Lakers offers....but i cannot find anything from a "good" source.

i think he is reporting what Stein said on ESPN LA yesterday. maybe i m wrong
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:

oh ok...found a clip

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1009119121366138881
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

Spurs are a class organization, if they refused to listen to Laker offers they wouldn’t be doing there job.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Spurs are a class organization, if they refused to listen to Laker offers they wouldn’t be doing there job.

you are correct....now that the dust has settled most credible reporters have concluded that the Spurs FO would have to consider the Lakers or any team in the West....they have a fiduciary duty to Spurs ownership and stakeholders to do what is in the best interest of the Spurs irregardless of how it effects the Lakers, Celtics, Rockets.....or even the Cowboys.....their only concern should be returning the most value for the Spurs.

Last edited by adkindo on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I took that as Steins opinion tbh. That theyd "trade for the right price"
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I took that as Steins opinion tbh. That theyd "trade for the right price"

yeah, but I think that opinion is being adopted by most now that the shock has kind of wore off.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

you are correct....now that the dust has settled most credible reporters have concluded that the Spurs FO would have to consider the Lakers or any team in the West....they have a fiduciary duty to Spurs ownership and stakeholders to do what is in the best interest of the Spurs irregardless of how it effects the Lakers, Celtics, Rockets.....or even the Cowboys.....their only concern should be returning the most value for the Spurs.

that being said....I hope this with some draft picks is not the best offer they receive.....

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yab34wbx

Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

Odds have changed on Bovada a little, What team will Kawhi Leonard Play for Game 1 of the 2018-2019 season?

Lakers -115
Spurs +250
Celtics +375
76ers +700
Cavs +1000
Clippers +1500

Last edited by Freddie Buckets on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Lakers are serious about getting a deal done for KL, it’s because LeBron wants him I don’t see any reason why KL is needed unless it’s to form a big 3..

KL is a superstar of course he is needed. If we trade equal salaries we might end up with LK LBJ and JR which is a nice start. If you assume we still have ball and Hart and JR waits until all the other deals are done we have money to sign 2 mid level guys with one being signed with available cap space. Even if it was KL and PG it still makes a lot of sense.

Question is does Ingram, Kuzma and Deng get it done?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:

He was reporting what Stein reported. Just look at the tag of the segment, "Spurs would Deal with Lakers for the Right Deal"
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Odds have changed on Bovada a little, What team will Kawhi Leonard Play for Game 1 of the 2018-2019 season?

Lakers -115
Spurs +250
Celtics +375
76ers +700
Cavs +1000
Clippers +1500

have they improved?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Lakers are serious about getting a deal done for KL, it’s because LeBron wants him I don’t see any reason why KL is needed unless it’s to form a big 3..

KL is a superstar of course he is needed. If we trade equal salaries we might end up with LK LBJ and JR which is a nice start. If you assume we still have ball and Hart and JR waits until all the other deals are done we have money to sign 2 mid level guys with one being signed with available cap space. Even if it was KL and PG it still makes a lot of sense.

Question is does Ingram, Kuzma and Deng get it done?

I think it does. We would have to attach two 1sts either to dump Deng and have San Antonio take a better contract. I do think Boston will get gun shy and not offer a great offer and I think we offer a more compelling package then Philly and Clippers. The Spurs will drag it out and they will realize their offers are not as good as they expected.

And That is the final offer I would give to the Spurs. Its painful its the maximum amount we can give up while still getting a net plus from the trade.

Last edited by chantruong on Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

I’d tell the Spurs to pick one of the kids, plus two picks, and leave it at that. If we got confirmation that PG and Lebron were both coming, then I’d be amenable to arranging a sign and trade for JR to the Spurs too, to free up the cap space. Probably not enough, but the Lakers shouldn’t bankrupt themselves going after Leonard with the injury question marks.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:

Lakers -115
Spurs +250
Celtics +375
76ers +700
Cavs +1000
Clippers +1500

have they improved?

These were the odds the day it was reported he wanted out of San Antonio.

Lakers -140
Celtics +375
Spurs +500
76ers +500
Cavs +1000
Clippers +1000

Lakers down a little, Spurs jumped the Celtics, Sixers went down and Clippers became an even a bigger long shot.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

those odds are pretty crazy especially since it's for game 1

I'm really tempted to put money on the Spurs
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

I would offer Sign and Trade JR plus both Picks.

I wouldn't give up on BI, Ball, Kuzz or Heart just yet.

Don't forget the Spurs didn't draft KL, he was snatched up via Trade. If they want a guy they know his potential
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

Best case scenario of making a trade for KL is keeping JR (which I think is almost impossible). I will play along. Assuming our picks are needed (and change) to off Deng, we will in all likelihood lose almost our entire core.

KL vs BI, Kuz, and Ball.

I will take the latter.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

I would use the fact that on kl 3rd game back he suffered a partial tear in his left shoulder. That plus quadriceps tendinopathy, I'm lowballing the Spurs.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Best case scenario of making a trade for KL is keeping JR (which I think is almost impossible). I will play along. Assuming our picks are needed (and change) to off Deng, we will in all likelihood lose almost our entire core.

KL vs BI, Kuz, and Ball.

I will take the latter.

There is a scenario floated around where we keep Randle and potentially Hart and Kuz as well. Keeping Randle would be interesting because his salary (Assuming 15-18mill) would be high enough to fetch a 4th star which would make the internet melt.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 130 of 878
Jump to: