KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

Arnovitz: "Does Kawhi even want to play with LeBron? I'm sure LeBron would like to play with Kawhi, but does Kawhi even want to play with LeBron?"

Don't know if this guy has intel or something, he's just been going around the air repeating that statement whenever he's on ESPN The Jump.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

I mean it's a fair question to bring up but I would think they each would definitely want to play with the other. Kawhi doesn't strike me as the 'need to be the alpha' kind of guy and seems to be more in the KD realm in that regard.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Kawhi has just picked up his third personal... Travis Wear will now come in for the final eight minutes of the second half. Lopez will sit down and Ivica Zubac is coming in the game. Hopefully they can hold their eight point lead.

So in 2017 Kawhi led a Spurs team to the WCF by himself when the second best player on his team in the playoffs was arguably Kyle Anderson. George got his team to the WCF with George Hill as the 2nd best guy on the roster in the playoffs. Lebron, of course, has dragged equivalent players to the Finals.

So you are worried about what happens when one of the big three is in foul trouble when you have 2/3 available, both of whom can single handedly keep a bad team competitive? All three seem to have done well with a collection of role players and/or over-the-hill veterans.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Arnovitz: "Does Kawhi even want to play with LeBron? I'm sure LeBron would like to play with Kawhi, but does Kawhi even want to play with LeBron?"

Don't know if this guy has intel or something, he's just been going around the air repeating that statement whenever he's on ESPN The Jump.

When it comes to Kawhi, all you can do is guess. Does anybody really know anything about this guy? He's been a total recluse.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

Leonard actually reminds me a lot of Marvin Harrison minus the gangster/guns part.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

Based on what I’ve seen, if I were as good as Leonard, I would not want to play with James.

James subjugates the talent around him. A guy like Magic, for example, exalted the talent around him.

James is extremely overrated in his ability to make others better and be a bastion of unselfishness — pure media narrative, IMO.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Based on what I’ve seen, if I were as good as Leonard, I would not want to play with James.

James subjugates the talent around him. A guy like Magic, for example, exalted the talent around him.

James is extremely overrated in his ability to make others better and be a bastion of unselfishness — pure media narrative, IMO.

With all due respect, what talent around him? Kevin Love has regressed so much as a player it's not even close. He used to be a guy who could have a 30/30 game.

He has no real PG as George Hill can't stay healthy. TT has no offensive skill set whatsoever. JR is a shooter who can't shoot. His 2nd best player is Kyle Korver at this age in his career.

Kawhii has never played with anyone even close to Lebron in his career. SA has a system but it's a system with largely elder or slightly above replacement players.

If I'm Kawhii, I would love to finally play with someone who can actually command a double team as he's never played with anyone who could.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
6/18/2018
WOJ: trade with Spurs have to start with Brandon Ingram

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:
6/18/2018

Yeah I saw it .. but didn’t think it holds any significance
USCnLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Odds have changed on Bovada a little, What team will Kawhi Leonard Play for Game 1 of the 2018-2019 season?

Lakers -115
Spurs +250
Celtics +375
76ers +700
Cavs +1000
Clippers +1500

Pretty decent odds for Lakers.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:
6/18/2018

Yeah I saw it .. but didn’t think it holds any significance

Lol. You crack me up
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:
6/18/2018

he said you would have to believe it would begin with Brandon Ingram....was giving his opinion, not reporting
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

The Spurs sudden willingness to trade Kawhi, and to the Lakers of all teams, just confirms my longheld suspicion that his injury scares them and they're actually relieved to get out of paying him 200 million. Everything else is posturing to get as many assets out of as possible. Buyer be- (bleep) ing ware...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:
6/18/2018

he said you would have to believe it would begin with Brandon Ingram....was giving his opinion, not reporting

Yeah that’s why I didn’t feel like posting it
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

This really could be the IT situation all over again, with an over-extended LeBron wondering when his new all-star teammate will be fully healthy...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
The Spurs sudden willingness to trade Kawhi, and to the Lakers of all teams, just confirms my longheld suspicion that his injury scares them and they're actually relieved to get out of paying him 200 million. Everything else is posturing to get as many assets out of as possible. Buyer be- (bleep) ing ware...

reaching? maybe just a bit?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
This really could be the IT situation all over again, with an over-extended LeBron wondering when his new all-star teammate will be fully healthy...

just playing devil's advocate....but Ingram missed 20+ games last season....Ball missed 30 games, and Hart missed almost 20 games....not sure our young guys have proven they can all remain healthy.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:
6/18/2018

Yep. Woj making the rounds man.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

just playing devil's advocate....but Ingram missed 20+ games last season....Ball missed 30 games, and Hart missed almost 20 games....not sure our young guys have proven they can all remain healthy.

Well, part of it is because the overly cautious philosophy of the current brass. They get pulled for having hang-nails. They shouldn't have missed the amount of games they did.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:
6/18/2018

Woj needs to stay on Twitter, he's terrible on TV. #sticktoWojbombs
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Totally agree. But if that happens, that's a 7 million dollar player you lost. Still have guys (Kuz, Randle, Ball) to pick up the slack. Big difference between that and a 20 (soon to be 30) million dollar player whose absence is shored up by....Joe Johnson? Jamal Crawford?

And the young guys missed games was a lot of precaution to knick knack injuries. Not of the potentially chronic and degenerative quality.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:
6/18/2018

his opinion is more informed and valuable than mine....but from the title, I thought he was reporting it. Fwiw, I agree with him that if there is a straight trade between LA and SA....Ball would likely not be included.....not because of Lonzo the basketball player, but well you know....Lavar and Pop does not seem like a fit.
USCnLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Awesome! Thank you for the videos. Any information is good information I’m almost done watching the second one.

Edit: Yah I seen em around to. Not sure who he is. Hopefully LG can shed some light regarding em.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Sports Insights
@SportsInsights

Updated @kawhileonard Odds (Bovada)

#Lakers -115
#Spurs +250
#Celtics +375
#76ers +700
#Cavs +1000
#Clippers +1500
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Well, part of it is because the overly cautious philosophy of the current brass. They get pulled for having hang-nails. They shouldn't have missed the amount of games they did.

In all fairness, the only thing on the line last season was respectability. No point in taking unnecessary risks especially with young guys whose bodies are still adjusting to the NBA season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 131 of 878
Jump to: