Kawhi Leonard to LA? (Math to Sign KL in 2019)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 625, 626, 627  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26985
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I would think Nike coming out and saying that we will actually wear the purple uniforms now and again would help big time as well.



_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 3588

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

ESPN The Jump

Rachel Nichols say Boston has too many assets that they can afford to rent Kawhi for a year and still have assets.

Kevin Arnovitz thins Kawhi and Leonard's relationship could be repaired, gives the 2007 Kobe and Dr. Buss example.

Ramona Shelburne saying don't count out the Clippers with Jerry West, he can get aggressive. Their 12th-13th pick can be traded to get a higher pick.
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 302

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

What would the Lakers have to do to sign PG13 and Lebron this year and then add Kawhi next year in the offseason?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 13186
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
What would the Lakers have to do to sign PG13 and Lebron this year and then add Kawhi next year in the offseason?


Dump Deng, don't re-sign Randle
_________________
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LBJ23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 4311

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
If the Clippers make a deal and trade #12 and #13 don't the spurs need to know who they want tomorrow night?


Yup. They have a good scouting department and I am sure they have a big board out together like any other team should this time of year.
_________________
Previously PG13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26985
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

InspectorGadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status/1009485807827103744

That applies to the Lakers no? We won’t consider trading KL to you but if you offer us something we like then we’ll make a deal


in comments section...

Quote:
Ingram, Hart and their 1st this year. Possibly that Center Ivic or whatever his name is also

_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 2932

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
If the Clippers make a deal and trade #12 and #13 don't the spurs need to know who they want tomorrow night?


Maybe the Clippers draft tomorrow w/ the Spurs in mind

Here’s a thought - who have the Spurs been drafting n working out? They probably haven’t worked out Ayton but they’d probably be willing to trade for him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 4682
Location: Studio City

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
ESPN The Jump

Rachel Nichols say Boston has too many assets that they can afford to rent Kawhi for a year and still have assets.

Kevin Arnovitz thins Kawhi and Leonard's relationship could be repaired, gives the 2007 Kobe and Dr. Buss example.

Ramona Shelburne saying don't count out the Clippers with Jerry West, he can get aggressive. Their 12th-13th pick can be traded to get a higher pick.


Boston is not going to blow assets when they are hoping that AD is coming on the market.


Someone posted that they are having a hard time moving up with those picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26985
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
ESPN The Jump

Rachel Nichols say Boston has too many assets that they can afford to rent Kawhi for a year and still have assets.

Kevin Arnovitz thins Kawhi and Leonard's relationship could be repaired, gives the 2007 Kobe and Dr. Buss example.

Ramona Shelburne saying don't count out the Clippers with Jerry West, he can get aggressive. Their 12th-13th pick can be traded to get a higher pick.


Boston is not going to blow assets when they are hoping that AD is coming on the market.


Someone posted that they are having a hard time moving up with those picks.


I think it's an ego thing also....Ainge will not bring Kawhi in if he thinks Kawhi may decide to voluntarily leave Boston in a year....especially to go to the Lakers.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 5236

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
ESPN The Jump

Rachel Nichols say Boston has too many assets that they can afford to rent Kawhi for a year and still have assets.

Kevin Arnovitz thins Kawhi and Leonard's relationship could be repaired, gives the 2007 Kobe and Dr. Buss example.

Ramona Shelburne saying don't count out the Clippers with Jerry West, he can get aggressive. Their 12th-13th pick can be traded to get a higher pick.


Boston is not going to blow assets when they are hoping that AD is coming on the market.


Someone posted that they are having a hard time moving up with those picks.


If AD goes on the market then should we trade our young core for Kawhi?

I’d rather sign LeBron and PG this summer and then trade for AD if he becomes available.

A big three of LeBron, AD, and PG would be the best in the league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 21681
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
InspectorGadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status/1009485807827103744

That applies to the Lakers no? We won’t consider trading KL to you but if you offer us something we like then we’ll make a deal


in comments section...

Quote:
Ingram, Hart and their 1st this year. Possibly that Center Ivic or whatever his name is also


That’s fake no?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NBALakerLegends
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 717

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
ESPN The Jump

Rachel Nichols say Boston has too many assets that they can afford to rent Kawhi for a year and still have assets.

Kevin Arnovitz thins Kawhi and Leonard's relationship could be repaired, gives the 2007 Kobe and Dr. Buss example.

Ramona Shelburne saying don't count out the Clippers with Jerry West, he can get aggressive. Their 12th-13th pick can be traded to get a higher pick.


Boston is not going to blow assets when they are hoping that AD is coming on the market.


Someone posted that they are having a hard time moving up with those picks.


If AD goes on the market then should we trade our young core for Kawhi?

I’d rather sign LeBron and PG this summer and then trade for AD if he becomes available.

A big three of LeBron, AD, and PG would be the best in the league.


When you have a star of Kawhi's caliber you have to go after him. You never know if AD stays or has a certain destination in mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 302

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
What would the Lakers have to do to sign PG13 and Lebron this year and then add Kawhi next year in the offseason?


Dump Deng, don't re-sign Randle


Sounds like this is a pretty reasonable approach.... Move Deng this offseason with the # 25 and renounce the rights to Randle and fill out the rest of the roster with 1 year contracts. Wait till next offseason and sign Kawhi. I think a building year with the youngsters LBJ and Pg13 will set us up to reclaim our title in 2020.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Johnny Cage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jan 2016
Posts: 270

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:
If the Clippers make a deal and trade #12 and #13 don't the spurs need to know who they want tomorrow night?


Maybe the Clippers draft tomorrow w/ the Spurs in mind

Here’s a thought - who have the Spurs been drafting n working out? They probably haven’t worked out Ayton but they’d probably be willing to trade for him


I read the Spurs really love Doncic, more so than Ayton, and would take him #1 overall if given the chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LBJ23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 4311

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
danzag wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
What would the Lakers have to do to sign PG13 and Lebron this year and then add Kawhi next year in the offseason?


Dump Deng, don't re-sign Randle


Sounds like this is a pretty reasonable approach.... Move Deng this offseason with the # 25 and renounce the rights to Randle and fill out the rest of the roster with 1 year contracts. Wait till next offseason and sign Kawhi. I think a building year with the youngsters LBJ and Pg13 will set us up to reclaim our title in 2020.


And trade almost everyone else. PG, LBJ, and KL alone will be at around 102 to 103 million next season if we decide to sign KL instead of trade for him.
_________________
Previously PG13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Johnny Cage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jan 2016
Posts: 270

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
ESPN The Jump

Rachel Nichols say Boston has too many assets that they can afford to rent Kawhi for a year and still have assets.

Kevin Arnovitz thins Kawhi and Leonard's relationship could be repaired, gives the 2007 Kobe and Dr. Buss example.

Ramona Shelburne saying don't count out the Clippers with Jerry West, he can get aggressive. Their 12th-13th pick can be traded to get a higher pick.


Boston is not going to blow assets when they are hoping that AD is coming on the market.


Someone posted that they are having a hard time moving up with those picks.


If AD goes on the market then should we trade our young core for Kawhi?

I’d rather sign LeBron and PG this summer and then trade for AD if he becomes available.

A big three of LeBron, AD, and PG would be the best in the league.


When you have a star of Kawhi's caliber you have to go after him. You never know if AD stays or has a certain destination in mind.


People keep mentioning AD as if he’s likely to leave soon or something. He’s got 3 years left on his deal, is just entering his prime, and the Pelicans are finally coming into their own, having just had their best season is years. I don’t get it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Beir32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Feb 2016
Posts: 297
Location: Western PA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

Judging by media/social media/message boards I have come to the conclusion that the 2018-19 starting lineup for your Los Angeles Lakers will inevitably be LeBron James, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, 1991 Michael Jordan and the ghost of Wilt Chamberlain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 13186
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Judging by media/social media/message boards I have come to the conclusion that the 2018-19 starting lineup for your Los Angeles Lakers will inevitably be LeBron James, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, 1991 Michael Jordan and the ghost of Wilt Chamberlain.


What about our bench???Gotta be able to defend Shaun Livingston fam
_________________
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LBJ23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 4311

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Judging by media/social media/message boards I have come to the conclusion that the 2018-19 starting lineup for your Los Angeles Lakers will inevitably be LeBron James, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, 1991 Michael Jordan and the ghost of Wilt Chamberlain.


What about our bench???Gotta be able to defend Shaun Livingston fam


Kobe should come back. Lol
_________________
Previously PG13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128351
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
So finally after paying all the debt from the Nash trade, we are going to trade our multiple 1st rounds picks again? What happens if Kwahi becomes injury prone like Nash? The last teams that traded away multiple 1st round picks (more than two) are us and the Nets and neither of the teams benefits much from the gambling. Even if we have all 3 of them, I am still not confident we can beat the Warriors so are we really going all in with our future so we can lose them in the WCF? Personally, I prefer to sticking with the original plan which is sign LBJ and PG13, and resign Randle.


When is an MVP tier player available, if he was 100% healthy he would have been locked up long ago and not on the market


There’s one this offseason in Lebron. Avoid another Howard situation with Leonard.
_________________
Happy 242nd birthday to the US Marine Corp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26985
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

for truly selfish reasons....I wish Kawhi's uncle would get out in front of the camera's and make it clear that it is Lakers in 2018 or 2019.....so we can get this deal done and move on to the next part.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Sep 2017
Posts: 829

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
ESPN The Jump
Rachel Nichols say Boston has too many assets that they can afford to rent Kawhi for a year and still have assets.


Grizzlies top 8 protected, probably won't convey as I expect Memphis to suck again (don't tell Pera, he expects FIFTY WINS hahaha).

Clippers lottery protected, probably won't convey as I expect them to miss the playoffs (not by much though). If Clips get Kawhi, it's a moot point for Boston. Enjoy your mid-20s pick, leprechauns.

Kings pick is unprotected (idiots). I'd expect it to be in the 5-8 range (Hawks, Nets, Knicks & Cavs sans Lebron will be worse)

Assume the Grizzlies aren't terrible but still miss the playoffs and maybe give up the 10th pick. Lets say the Clippers squeak in and give up 15th. Are next year's 10+15 better than this year's 12+13? Don't you have to toss in Sacramento's pick to make it work? Then, the Boston pick cupboard is bare & from there it's the Jaylen Browns & Kyries.

Long story short, I disagree with the notion that Boston can trade for kawhi and still trade for Anthony Davis because Ainge is a genius and we should all worship the luck of the irish. They've got nice assets but c'mon now


Last edited by cyborgspider on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Beir32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Feb 2016
Posts: 297
Location: Western PA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
danzag wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Judging by media/social media/message boards I have come to the conclusion that the 2018-19 starting lineup for your Los Angeles Lakers will inevitably be LeBron James, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, 1991 Michael Jordan and the ghost of Wilt Chamberlain.


What about our bench???Gotta be able to defend Shaun Livingston fam


Kobe should come back. Lol


Yeah but with the money we'll have left we can probably only afford 90's Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NBALakerLegends
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 717

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
danzag wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
What would the Lakers have to do to sign PG13 and Lebron this year and then add Kawhi next year in the offseason?


Dump Deng, don't re-sign Randle


Sounds like this is a pretty reasonable approach.... Move Deng this offseason with the # 25 and renounce the rights to Randle and fill out the rest of the roster with 1 year contracts. Wait till next offseason and sign Kawhi. I think a building year with the youngsters LBJ and Pg13 will set us up to reclaim our title in 2020.


And trade almost everyone else. PG, LBJ, and KL alone will be at around 102 to 103 million next season if we decide to sign KL instead of trade for him.



Don't underestimate Lebron taking less for one year to fit Kawhi into the cap. He is the biggest star of them all and can afford to take a one year pay cut with all the money he's made. If him and PG get close to a Championship in 2018, he may be more sacrificial in getting Kawhi.

Young core lives on in this case (minus Randle).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
USCnLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 13 Jun 2018
Posts: 386

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

BREAKING NEWS!!!!! Stephen A Smith!!! Broke down that Kawhi will be a Laker 100% no doubt about it. His sources told him that this morning!!! YouTube video below!!

https://youtu.be/437QBSDbITY


Last edited by USCnLakers on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 625, 626, 627  Next
Page 165 of 627
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB