KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 519, 520, 521 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Jeff Ayres is a center playing for the Summer League Lakers. He is also among a very small handful of players who share an agent with...

you guessed it, Kwahi Leonard 😶

That's good to know.
Great way to talk to his agent.
I wonder if KLs agent has reassured the Lakers about staying pat.

Last edited by epak on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Jeff Ayres is a center playing for the Summer League Lakers. He is also among a very small handful of players who share an agent with...

+10
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Do you guys think Hart is being showcased to be the centerpiece of a KL trade? Since Ingram is supposedly off the table. If the Spurs are offered Hart, Moe and Deng would they do it the way Hart is playing?
styleripftw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
Do you guys think Hart is being showcased to be the centerpiece of a KL trade? Since Ingram is supposedly off the table. If the Spurs are offered Hart, Moe and Deng would they do it the way Hart is playing?

Spurs are not taking Deng.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:
The Spurs aren't intentionally keep Kawhi out from playing.

If Kawhi is healthy, they're going to make him play and he'll just have to endure. If he isn't healthy, than it tells other teams all they need to know.

easy in theory.....nearly impossible in practice. If he says he is injured, their only option would be to sue to contract breach, and good luck getting a good free agent in the next few decades.

It would not go down that way under the CBA, but I will spare you the details because I don't see it playing out that way. Anyway, if Leonard pulled a stunt like that, I think it would have zero impact on future free agents. In fact, I think most players would make public statements of support for Leonard, but in private would be shaking their heads at him.

I assume it would enter some form of arbitration? My point stands that it remains mostly a "he said, she said" case if he claims he is injured...it would be a long drawn out process....and what would the Spurs win in the end?

They would win not paying $20 mil for Leonard not to play and Leonard would win the reputation as a malingerer.

$20 Million is not worth putting the organization through that ugly process.

And they won't. They have no chance of winning that battle. Any player can use their own doctor and claim injury without announcing that they withhold their services. That's what media calls 'sitting out'...

And that player cuts his own NBA throat.

Then you have seen some NBA players playing in the league with their NBA throats cut. The latest being Kyrie. But don't let it ruin your thought process - carry on...

Kyrie didn’t sit and miss games while healthy
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:

If Kawhi is healthy, they're going to make him play and he'll just have to endure. If he isn't healthy, than it tells other teams all they need to know.

easy in theory.....nearly impossible in practice. If he says he is injured, their only option would be to sue to contract breach, and good luck getting a good free agent in the next few decades.

It would not go down that way under the CBA, but I will spare you the details because I don't see it playing out that way. Anyway, if Leonard pulled a stunt like that, I think it would have zero impact on future free agents. In fact, I think most players would make public statements of support for Leonard, but in private would be shaking their heads at him.

I assume it would enter some form of arbitration? My point stands that it remains mostly a "he said, she said" case if he claims he is injured...it would be a long drawn out process....and what would the Spurs win in the end?

They would win not paying $20 mil for Leonard not to play and Leonard would win the reputation as a malingerer.

And they won't. They have no chance of winning that battle. Any player can use their own doctor and claim injury without announcing that they withhold their services. That's what media calls 'sitting out'...

Then you have seen some NBA players playing in the league with their NBA throats cut. The latest being Kyrie. But don't let it ruin your thought process - carry on...

lakers need to acquire an european team that will give kawhi $20mil for one season of play in europe
if a buy-out is required, it could be a chinese team, or russian team, or greek team, or korean team or ...
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:

I think you are on to something. Moe, Hart, and change might get the trade done. The question is do we have enough left to off Deng?
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Thoughts on a theory that Kawhi wants to come back to LA so bad to find his fathers killer? It’s still unsolved, right? Can’t blame him if that’s the case.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Thoughts on a theory that Kawhi wants to come back to LA so bad to find his fathers killer? It’s still unsolved, right? Can’t blame him if that’s the case.

Woah. Didn't know that.
Didn't they just arrest someone for 2pac's killer? So anything is possible?
But most likely not probable.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

From 2:00 mark talks about Mark Leonard’s murder at his Compton Car wash and why Kawhi is so quiet. Sad (bleep) 😟
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
https://youtu.be/IRS6o6_fxMU
From 2:00 mark talks about Mark Leonard’s murder at his Compton Car wash and why Kawhi is so quiet. Sad (bleep) 😟

Wow. Thanks.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-sondheimer8mar08-column.html

So if this were a TV drama, the antagonist could be Uncle Dennis.

But real life, that was tragic. I wonder if his personality changed after. I mean, was he vocal or extraverted prior to the death?
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

If Kawhi came to the Lakers, you can bet his father’s unsolved murder would be getting a lot more attention and pressure on the Compton PD to open a cold case. All speculation though, seems like Kawhi doesn’t want to talk about it.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Personally, I’m fine on passing up on Cow High this season to get him for “free” next summer.
adtz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Personally, I’m fine on passing up on Cow High this season to get him for “free” next summer.
We thought that too for PG and he now at thunder.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject:

adtz wrote:
GTL wrote:

Or end up like Dwight, trade away assets for him and he may just bolt for NY or Brooklyn where he lived last season.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
adtz wrote:
GTL wrote:

Or end up like Dwight, trade away assets for him and he may just bolt for NY or Brooklyn where he lived last season.

Touche.
In essence, it's a risk either way.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

If you can get Kawhi for Rondo, Lance, Moe, Svi, and some draft picks by the deadline. By all means.

If we are talking before the season? Well that depends on if a 3rd psrty gets involved? The deal would have t be amazing for the Lakers to take it I imagine.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
adtz wrote:
GTL wrote:

This
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, we lost literally nothing waiting for Paul George except for some hurt pride.

Which was fully restored and boosted into the heavens when we signed LeBron.

If Kawhi really wants to play here, he will.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

There are other great FA’s available for the taking next summer.

If by some chance Leonard doesn’t work out, we can go after some other pretty big names.

He isn’t the be all end all.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
adtz wrote:
GTL wrote:

that trade prevented us from paying bynum big money and we didnt lose any valuable assets from it.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

damn, going to have to make room on the roster for Jeff Ayers
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
adtz wrote:
GTL wrote:

that trade prevented us from paying bynum big money and we didnt lose any valuable assets from it.

Yet trading for Kawhi would mean Lakers may have to give up big assets if you go by the Spur’s asking price. Unless Spurs will be fine if we give them the Josh McRoberts and Christian Eyenga versions (Lakers part of the Dwight trade) of our current team.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
adtz wrote:
GTL wrote:

Yet trading for Kawhi would mean Lakers may have to give up big assets if you go by the Spur’s asking price. Unless Spurs will be fine if we give them the Josh McRoberts and Christian Eyenga versions (Lakers part of the Dwight trade) of our current team.

i dont see kawhi getting traded here this year. spurs asking price seems to be way too high for any team.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:

Kyrie didn’t sit and miss games while healthy
you forgot to add “because he was traded as he requested (he was threatening to sit out)”
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 519, 520, 521 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 520 of 878
Jump to: