Kawhi Leonard to LA? (Math to Sign KL in 2019, p. 1; Traded to Toronto for DeRozan; p. 538; Woj: In his mind right now, he’s headed to L.A. next year; P. 598)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 615, 616, 617 ... 619, 620, 621  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 8861
Location: Maui & Saint-Tropez, and sailing the south seas...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

KL knows LA. He is not from a village long lost from the World. Toronto is quite large in it's own right, plus it's market is nothing to ignore. Plus KL has been around the block, he is not coming off of the farm for the first time....
_________________
........................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2014
Posts: 1448
Location: Vancouver BC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Toronto is an amazing city, 4th biggest in North America and the support of the fans and the whole country will be infectious.
Raptors have the best and the most passionate fans in all of NBA. Plue Drake too baby!!!

Kawhi will definitely want to stay and I cant wait for the Lakers - Raptora finals for years to come!

We The North! Kawhi's gonna love it in TDot!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92516
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Toronto is an amazing city, 4th biggest in North America and the support of the fans and the whole country will be infectious.
Raptors have the best and the most passionate fans in all of NBA. Plue Drake too baby!!!

Kawhi will definitely want to stay and I cant wait for the Lakers - Raptora finals for years to come!

We The North! Kawhi's gonna love it in TDot!!!

He didn’t even leave his hotel room when the all star game was in Toronto because of the cold.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Posts: 11076
Location: 8 miles from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Toronto is an amazing city, 4th biggest in North America and the support of the fans and the whole country will be infectious.
Raptors have the best and the most passionate fans in all of NBA. Plue Drake too baby!!!

Kawhi will definitely want to stay and I cant wait for the Lakers - Raptora finals for years to come!

We The North! Kawhi's gonna love it in TDot!!!

He didn’t even leave his hotel room when the all star game was in Toronto because of the cold.


That being true - I don't think anyone can predict what Kawhi will do based on what we know about him: like - what are his preferences in life. Because we don't know them and don't understand what might be those factors that will influence his decision…
_________________
Major bullets dodged: DH12 - twice, LMA, Melo - twice, PG-13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92516
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Toronto is an amazing city, 4th biggest in North America and the support of the fans and the whole country will be infectious.
Raptors have the best and the most passionate fans in all of NBA. Plue Drake too baby!!!

Kawhi will definitely want to stay and I cant wait for the Lakers - Raptora finals for years to come!

We The North! Kawhi's gonna love it in TDot!!!

He didn’t even leave his hotel room when the all star game was in Toronto because of the cold.


That being true - I don't think anyone can predict what Kawhi will do based on what we know about him: like - what are his preferences in life. Because we don't know them and don't understand what might be those factors that will influence his decision…


Of course. But I found that story to be so hilarious. KL: trade me to sunny LA.

Pop: good luck in Canada MFer.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22518

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject:

I wonder how long it took for KL to leave Toronto after going there for his physical.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 9124
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I wonder how long it took for KL to leave Toronto after going there for his physical.


I wonder if he asked the Raptors to do the physical at the airport, so he could cacth the next plane out(?)
_________________
Lakers Rebirth: 2018-19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 1514
Location: Jack's Crib

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

For a minute, I thought I was on RAPTORS BOARD... Gee, this is NO different than PG13 thread & that's long gone as this should be, he's NOT a Laker!!!
_________________
My Laker squad.
Mr. Clutch, Nixon, Eddie, Magic, Kareem, Silk
Cooper, AC, Worthy, Horry, Shaq, Kobe.
HC: Riley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 161

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

It would surprise me if KL elects to stay in Toronto next year. Forget about him wanting to be in LA, that city isn't even in the US, does he want to play in Canada? doubtful. It is also not the best team in the world, in particular after what they did with Demar Derozan. Do players on that team have resentment over how the organisation handles the trade? It looks to me Kyle Lowry sure does. Will he welcome KL with open arms? Probably not. Hell he might even got traded middle through the season.

There are so many problems and uncertainties around the raptors. If I am KL, I would want to stay away from that situation as far as practicable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Posts: 11076
Location: 8 miles from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Toronto is an amazing city, 4th biggest in North America and the support of the fans and the whole country will be infectious.
Raptors have the best and the most passionate fans in all of NBA. Plue Drake too baby!!!

Kawhi will definitely want to stay and I cant wait for the Lakers - Raptora finals for years to come!

We The North! Kawhi's gonna love it in TDot!!!

He didn’t even leave his hotel room when the all star game was in Toronto because of the cold.


That being true - I don't think anyone can predict what Kawhi will do based on what we know about him: like - what are his preferences in life. Because we don't know them and don't understand what might be those factors that will influence his decision…


Of course. But I found that story to be so hilarious. KL: trade me to sunny LA.

Pop: good luck in Canada MFer.


In all honesty though - we're not even sure Pop did it in spite. At least - I think better of him, despite the fact he absolutely botched it with Kawhi thinking he is a little Timmy
_________________
Major bullets dodged: DH12 - twice, LMA, Melo - twice, PG-13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jan 2002
Posts: 6639
Location: Los Angeles/Barcelona

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

At this point I won't even be looking at what Kawhi does in Toronto this year. I'm happy with our team. And there are PLENTY Of great FA available next year that improve our team tremendously.

Timing wasn't right for us to get Kawhi and I honestly doubt it happens next year.

I think everyone overestimates the impact of "coming home" because most people here have lived in the same place forever and don't have the experience of having a professional/personal/educational experience outside of their comfort zone.

These guys are all millionaires who have tasted life differently to most people and can be comfortable in most places. Kawhi wanting to go to LA was basically his way of forcing himself out of SA. He would have loved to come to the Lakers but his main goal was to get out of San Antonio (for whatever reason it may be). If Kawhi is treated well in Toronto and has a great season, he has a good chance of staying there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
24Legend007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 May 2018
Posts: 402

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Toronto is an amazing city, 4th biggest in North America and the support of the fans and the whole country will be infectious.
Raptors have the best and the most passionate fans in all of NBA. Plue Drake too baby!!!

Kawhi will definitely want to stay and I cant wait for the Lakers - Raptora finals for years to come!

We The North! Kawhi's gonna love it in TDot!!!

He didn’t even leave his hotel room when the all star game was in Toronto because of the cold.


That being true - I don't think anyone can predict what Kawhi will do based on what we know about him: like - what are his preferences in life. Because we don't know them and don't understand what might be those factors that will influence his decision…


Of course. But I found that story to be so hilarious. KL: trade me to sunny LA.

Pop: good luck in Canada MFer.


Pop is so cold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
24Legend007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 May 2018
Posts: 402

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject:

If KD and KL wanted to come to L.A., who would you choose right now?

I find it hard to gauge Leonard on this because he did not play for a whole year. I did start to give him the nod over Durant when he was healthy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 16787
Location: The Garden Island

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
Raptors coach is reporting a good first meeting with Kahwi.


I wouldn’t expect him to say anything else.

KL wants to get paid next summer. As long as his injury doesn’t flare up, I think KL will ball out on the court and be a professional in his dealings with the Raps off the court.

He’ll come to practice on time, won’t miss flights, etc.

But he’s not going to all of a sudden become happy to be there. He’s a very different person than PG.


He’s much more sensitive, I am not sure how that would play out in a large market.


I don’t know if he’s more sensitive. He went scorched earth on the Spurs in a way that PG never did with Indy. KL and his camp have taken a rock solid “LA only” stance on re-signing, whereas PG’s camp said there were other options like Boston and the Cavs.

PG was also saying good things about OKC from the moment he got there, and was spending a lot of time with Russ from the jump. We’re not seeing anything similar from KL, as he’s only posed for one official pic and doesn’t seem to be hanging out with Lowry (or even talking to him ).

I was wrong about PG, as I thought he was just being “people pleaser Paul” when he spoke highly of OKC, but he clearly did enjoy it. I’m glad I didn’t waste any time worrying about him not coming to LA though. We’re much better off with KL.

The only time I started worrying about PG was right before FA when it became clear there was no way KL was going back to SA. At that point, I worried that PG signing as a FA would prevent us from getting KL next year, as we wouldn’t have any leverage to get him in a trade or caproom to sign him as a FA. I was concerned the Lakers would box themselves in by signing PG and end up with the inferior player. That’s why I think the Lakers stopped pursuing PG- they realized the same thing I did.

I don’t think it’s conincidental that all of the chatter about PG staying in OKC started around the time the KL trade rumors kicked into high gear.

However it played out, we dodged a bullet. If we get a healthy KL next summer, we are miles ahead of where we would have been with PG.


Last edited by babyskyhook on Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 24604
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
If KD and KL wanted to come to L.A., who would you choose right now?

I find it hard to gauge Leonard on this because he did not play for a whole year. I did start to give him the nod over Durant when he was healthy.


Kawhi......when healthy is the best 2 Way player in the NBA and has more net impact on a game at his best than anyone in the league.
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Do it Mitch!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 282

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

As crazy as it might sound, being in a good situation might cause him to take $25 mil instead of $35 mil.


Ahh, so Klay is going to be perfectly fine with losing 40 million dollars on his next contract. Very insightful, we should be hearing of him re-signing with the Warriors any day now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Do it Mitch!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 282

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
If KD and KL wanted to come to L.A., who would you choose right now?

I find it hard to gauge Leonard on this because he did not play for a whole year. I did start to give him the nod over Durant when he was healthy.


Kawhi......when healthy is the best 2 Way player in the NBA and has more net impact on a game at his best than anyone in the league.


Agreed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22518

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
epak wrote:
I wonder how long it took for KL to leave Toronto after going there for his physical.


I wonder if he asked the Raptors to do the physical at the airport, so he could cacth the next plane out(?)


LOL. I could understand why. He had important grocery shopping he needed to do in SD. However, the picture taken with the GM looked like it was at their training facility, so sadly it seems like the airport request was denied
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22518

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Hypothetical question #2:

If the Lakers win the chip this year, do you go after KL next year?
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 15912

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Hypothetical question #2:

If the Lakers win the chip this year, do you go after KL next year?

Yes. Altough you could make a case that someone like D.Jordan would be a better fit b/c If the Lakers win a championship it will be because of Kuzma/Ingram/Hart/Zo developing into something special right now.
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 3416

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Hypothetical question #2:

If the Lakers win the chip this year, do you go after KL next year?


Most definitely
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 3416

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
epak wrote:
Hypothetical question #2:

If the Lakers win the chip this year, do you go after KL next year?

Yes. Altough you could make a case that someone like D.Jordan would be a better fit b/c If the Lakers win a championship it will be because of Kuzma/Ingram/Hart/Zo developing into something special right now.


Would be foolish to spend money on DJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 15912

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Hypnotically if we were to win a championship, I believe that would mean Ingram, Hart, and Kuzma all break out to a star level.

LeBron/Kuzma
Ingram
J.Hart
L.Ball

Again in theory, the only hole would be the C position. Regardless you dont say no to Kawhi if he is healthy.
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 24604
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Hypnotically if we were to win a championship, I believe that would mean Ingram, Hart, and Kuzma all break out to a star level.

LeBron/Kuzma
Ingram
J.Hart
L.Ball

Again in theory, the only hole would be the C position. Regardless you dont say no to Kawhi if he is healthy.


if the hole was not big enough to trip us up this year....why would it be a big concern next season? GSW's biggest weakness after 2016 Finals....but they went after Durant.
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 15912

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Hypnotically if we were to win a championship, I believe that would mean Ingram, Hart, and Kuzma all break out to a star level.

LeBron/Kuzma
Ingram
J.Hart
L.Ball

Again in theory, the only hole would be the C position. Regardless you dont say no to Kawhi if he is healthy.


if the hole was not big enough to trip us up this year....why would it be a big concern next season? GSW's biggest weakness after 2016 Finals....but they went after Durant.

Great point

The question really has me thinking what all would have to go right to beat GS? Offensive break outs from Kuzma/Ingram/Hart isnt that unrealistic. The problem will be will play good enough defense to contend against GS/Rox.

Let's not forget LeBron nearly dragged a less talented Cavs team almost to 2 wins vs the Warriors.
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 615, 616, 617 ... 619, 620, 621  Next
Page 616 of 621
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB