KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 672, 673, 674 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jalen Rose on GET UP saying he sees Kawhi leaving TOR if Ujiri takes the Wizards offer.

Lakers should get Ujiri, they could get Kawhi.

Lakers are too cheap to get Ujiri.

Plus, we have Kurt and Linda Rambis, proven NBA people.

Kurt has more rings than Ujiri.

Not a fan of his. But I do give him this:

He's been a player, a champion.
An assistant Coach for a championship team
A coach.
A front office guy.
One thing is for sure, he's got some experience in the league.

Hopefully he gets to use his experience, but doesn't prevent the other fresher minds from exercising their skills.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

Magic is Lebron's idol. Magic would have been lebron in today's NBA. he would not be a point guard.

and magic has been very successful, post basketball. lebron trusted in him.

with that said, i think lebron's narrative (at least as far as basketball is concerned) is to bring the lakers one more championship and return them to glory. that is probably his desired "swan song".

if he wants kawhi, he has to convince him that he will not stand in kawhi's way. he will be his Robin.

he can probably get AD. the question is, AD or Lonzo, BI, Kuzma.

i personally think try and get kawhi. hope for kyrie if no go. give the kids one more year to prove they can contribute at the highest level. if not, sign AD outright the year after.

of course, NO would do a "Kawhi" instead of letting him go to free agency. the difference is AD is not kawhi. he can't single handedly transform a club into a championship contender. if that was the case, NO would already have a ring.

venturalakersfan wrote:
where24happens wrote:
Lebron will break the scoring record in 4 seasons as long as he remains healthy, I don't think he's worried about that. Dude desperately wants another ring, and next season will be the best chance he has for the rest of his career.

If he wants a ring that bad then it is hard to believe that he fell for Magic’s BS. I always gave him credit for being smarter than that.
Jack's Room
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jalen Rose on GET UP saying he sees Kawhi leaving TOR if Ujiri takes the Wizards offer.

Lakers should get Ujiri, they could get Kawhi.

Lakers are too cheap to get Ujiri.

Plus, we have Kurt and Linda Rambis, proven NBA people.

Kurt has more rings than Ujiri.

So does Magic. However, neither of them have rings constructing a coaching staff, front office, or roster. Different ball of wax.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Ramona who interviewed Kawhi on the radio after winning the championship, before he was interviewed by Doris Burke, said that as soon as she started to ask Kawhi if he's staying in Toronto, Kawhi just started walking away from her before she could finish the sentence
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi won this for himself, not for Toronto. It was a cheap championship anyway. I am not a fan of this guy at all. Hard pass.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Do you have Championshipitis? An allergy when in contact with championship(s)?
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
Kawhi won this for himself, not for Toronto. It was a cheap championship anyway. I am not a fan of this guy at all. Hard pass.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

#StayInYoLane wrote:
ReaListik wrote:

I would love for him to continue winning championships for himself (with the Lakers being the secondary beneficiaries).
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
Magic is Lebron's idol. Magic would have been lebron in today's NBA. he would not be a point guard.

with that said, i think lebron's narrative (at least as far as basketball is concerned) is to bring the lakers one more championship and return them to glory. that is probably his desired "swan song".

if he wants kawhi, he has to convince him that he will not stand in kawhi's way. he will be his Robin.

i personally think try and get kawhi. hope for kyrie if no go. give the kids one more year to prove they can contribute at the highest level. if not, sign AD outright the year after.

of course, NO would do a "Kawhi" instead of letting him go to free agency. the difference is AD is not kawhi. he can't single handedly transform a club into a championship contender. if that was the case, NO would already have a ring.

venturalakersfan wrote:
where24happens wrote:
Lebron will break the scoring record in 4 seasons as long as he remains healthy, I don't think he's worried about that. Dude desperately wants another ring, and next season will be the best chance he has for the rest of his career.

If he wants a ring that bad then it is hard to believe that he fell for Magic’s BS. I always gave him credit for being smarter than that.

It's a myth that Kawhi single handedly turned the Raps into champions. They were already a 50+ win ECF team, he just addressed their biggest weakness (Derozen's yearly choke jobs) and got them over the hump. He was surrounded with possibly the best supporting cast of mid tier stars and role players outside of the Bucks and Warriors. No star wins without help.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

#StayInYoLane wrote:
ReaListik wrote:

trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I swear some people won't even be happy if we win it all next year. We will have group discussions about how good it would have felt to have Dlo and Julius fighting their way to a 2nd round berth, and wallowing in the joys of having your draft picks grow organically into a team that is 1 or 2 pieces away from contending
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I swear some people won't even be happy if we win it all next year. We will have group discussions about how good it would have felt to have Dlo and Julius fighting their way to a 2nd round berth, and wallowing in the joys of having your draft picks grow organically into a team that is 1 or 2 pieces away from contending

It's interesting b/c having lived through DLO being so unceremoniously shipped out by Magic, I understand that this is all fluid. Can't be wedded to the YUTES. Have to have a more flexible approach to this all and find ways to be happy even if "your" guy is gone.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's interesting b/c having lived through DLO being so unceremoniously shipped out by Magic, I understand that this is all fluid. Can't be wedded to the YUTES. Have to have a more flexible approach to this all and find ways to be happy even if "your" guy is gone.

Yeah, what's the point of collecting tons of assets if you are never going to "cash in"? Look at Ainge, ended up collecting a bunch of mediocre picks to plan for AD, and it all collapsed in a matter of months lol. Obviously building around young stars is one way to go, but cutting your loses and moving up the timeline is also a great strategy that accelerates the rebuild and removes the risk factor (turning a Lonzo/BI into 25y.o AD).
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:

LOL
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I can’t remember
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:

Yeah he's a real scrub for wanting a title for his legacy. He also should have just let GS win since they were injured. Like, F him for trying at all
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:

hater!!!!!! why cant he do both? win for toronto and also for himself.....
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject:

all i know is why is everyone so sure he is going to the clippers. Someone put out in the hemisphere that he did not want to play with lebron.....but we never heard that from his mouth. i think its 50/50 lakers/clippers.....i think he already made up his mind to leave toronto......What i want for christmas is kawai and AD....please i wont ask for anything more. Kawai is a talent like kobe.....you just dont even understand.....i like lebron but he is not kobe and its not the same fun watching him.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I gave up on Kawhi leaving TOR once they made it to the NBA Finals. I was rooting for TOR to lose in the ECF. That would have given us a chance.

Now?

No reason Kawhi and his camp doesn't feel they can stay in TOR OR win it all in LA with the CLIPPERS...

Kawhi? That ship has sailed.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Why would Masai go to the Wizards?
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Think about it like this:

What expectations do you think this team would have to operate under if Kawhi, who took down GSW in his first swing leading an EC team, comes to LA and joins LeBron who was 1-3 vs the same GSW team in the East?

I don't think Kawhi or LeBron want that type of hype and pressure.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

venturalakersfan wrote:
where24happens wrote:

It's a myth that Kawhi single handedly turned the Raps into champions. They were already a 50+ win ECF team, he just addressed their biggest weakness (Derozen's yearly choke jobs) and got them over the hump. He was surrounded with possibly the best supporting cast of mid tier stars and role players outside of the Bucks and Warriors. No star wins without help.

Any explanation that ends with - dude just won a title with TORONTO!!!!

I have no beef with.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

10 million a year. And rumor had it they were going to offer him ownership stake too.
PHILosopher
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Maybe someone already mentioned this. But I think it is easier for Kawhi to leave now that he won it all for Canada!

He would be a hero forever up there. His number probably gets retired. Heck they may even build him a statue lol.

He'd be like a bball super hero. He shows up for a year saves the day and moves on.

Then imagine if he leaves does it with a third team! He'd be a legend!
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

Money
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 672, 673, 674 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 673 of 878
Jump to: