KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 871, 872, 873 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:47 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Kawhi knew he didn’t wanna play with Lakers, we got took like a fool

In the end, he will be the one who is the fool.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:49 am    Post subject:

Ryan1973 wrote:
Do you think the Lakers could trade Kyle Kuzma to the Wizards for Bradley Beal?

Not straight up.
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:52 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
Do you think the Lakers could trade Kyle Kuzma to the Wizards for Bradley Beal?

Not straight up.

I figured that. I just meant as a key piece.
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:52 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Osei wrote:

So very disappointed with the decision but I respect Kawhi as a man for making a decision which I think he truly believes is best for his career...

I don't mind he decision... what I really dislike is the manner that the decision was made... because he played us to buy time while the Clips signed Paul George and while preventing us from going other top quality FAs in the market. That's a d1ck move... so I hope he gets d1cked in return.

Eh, the game is the game. Looks like Kawhi wanted the Clippers the whole time *but* I think we would've been a serious option if the Clippers couldn't pull off the PG trade, which was far from a certainty. I don't think it was Kawhi's intent to screw us over LOL (though that's ultimately what happened). Lakers really look like amateur hour here the way it all went down, especially with all the leaks. Says a lot that the Clippers were able to negotiate landing both Kawhi AND PG without any of it getting into the press until Woj broke the story late last night...

Last edited by Osei on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:54 am; edited 2 times in total
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:53 am    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Osei wrote:

So very disappointed with the decision but I respect Kawhi as a man for making a decision which I think he truly believes is best for his career...

I don't mind he decision... what I really dislike is the manner that the decision was made... because he played us to buy time while the Clips signed Paul George and while preventing us from going other top quality FAs in the market. That's a d1ck move... so I hope he gets d1cked in return.

Eh, the game is the game. Looks like Kawhi wanted the Clippers the while time *but* I think we would've been a serious option if the Clippers couldn't pull off the PG trade, which was far from a certainty. Lakers really look like amateur hour here the way it all went down, especially with all the leaks. Says a lot that the Clippers were able to negotiate landing both Kawhi AND PG without any of it getting into the press until Woj broke the story late last night...

Yes.

Continues to be amateur hour.

Jeannie needs to sell.

Pride goes before the fall.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:56 am    Post subject:

a lot of people here said F it go get other FA but our dumb FO got played like fools ala Melo year
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:08 am    Post subject:

PepsiShine wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
Kawhi was recruiting Butler and KD. They both turned him down. Of course, he found a snake in PG13 that was up for leaving the team he just signed with.

not just "just signed with" a team he strong armed on the back of the laker threat.

i appreciate lebron for all hes done for the league and player empowerment, but he started this crap. and im getting kinda sick of players using the lakers as some type of tactic. dwight did this crap, so did bosh. free agents are never actually interested in joining the lakers, they just know telling teams "i might" will get them better deals out of fear.

LeBron did not start this. LeBron is not responsible for players not finishing their contracts and forcing their way from teams. He personally has always played to the fullest of his contract and left as a free agent. Never once did he leave years on his contract. George has done that 2 times in the last 3 years. #2 has now too. What this has proven is FO should send players to where they request cause they always find their way there either way.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:10 am    Post subject:

from Mona

Quote:
Much will be made of the Lakers and Raptors end of this. But as of about 2 hours before Leonard chose the Clippers Friday night, his camp was asking the Lakers to delay the AD trade until Sat/Sun, sources tell ESPN. No reason given. Just a condition.

DIRTY SNAKE!!!

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:15 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Man Clips paid a high price to get PG13:

3 first round picks of their own
2 first round picks from Miami the Clips had

PLUS the right to swap picks in two different years. So for the next 4 years, I don't think the Clips have a first round pick, and then in years 5 & 6, OKC can flip first rounder's if Clips have the higher pick.

U do it if you get to pair 2 MVP level, same with AD

A MVP talent coming off 2 shoulder surgeries...
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject:

MedRomLaker wrote:
from Mona

Quote:
Much will be made of the Lakers and Raptors end of this. But as of about 2 hours before Leonard chose the Clippers Friday night, his camp was asking the Lakers to delay the AD trade until Sat/Sun, sources tell ESPN. No reason given. Just a condition.

DIRTY SNAKE!!!

Yea if true dirty.. But think about it..

There isn't anything a front office wont do to get a championship, no player they wont move. They will act in their own best interest, always, no matter the collateral damage. Kawhi exhibited the same cold hearted business not personal attitude that we see from the majority of NBA front offices.

I think what's caught a lot of people off guard is you wouldn't expect Kawhi to be so shrewd.

EDIT: Remember when Magic told the kids it's business, nothing personal? Karma has a funny way of sneaking up on ya.

Last edited by SocalDevin on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:21 am; edited 2 times in total
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject:

RDA deleted his twitter account
Rolex and that other guy are gone
Arye is totally confirmed to be a fake

LOL
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
MedRomLaker wrote:
from Mona

Quote:

DIRTY SNAKE!!!

There isn't anything a front office wont do to get a championship, no player they wont move. They will act in their own best interest, always, no matter the collateral damage. Kawhi exhibited the same cold hearted business not personal attitude that we see from the majority of NBA front offices.

I think what's caught a lot of people off guard is you wouldn't expect Kawhi to be so shrewed.

EDIT: Remember when Magic told the kids it's business, nothing personal? Karma has a funny way of sneaking up on ya.

So he was decided on Clippers all along and just stalling for time and leaking Lakers in order to clear the road for Clippers to get the trade done.

machiavellian. We will see how it works out for him in the end
X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:25 am    Post subject:

-Well I'm batting .000 lately.. Haven't caught up on the threads, but needless to say, Lakers were pretty much blindsided up until the very last moments. To them it came out of nowhere.

-They had been more than a tad flustered the past 2 days, and now the reason has been shown. They were basically being held hostage. Know this, was told that if they had known earlier, they would have went in a different direction instead of basically being used as the fallback option.

-Afew years back Melo was supposed to be on his way, and at the last minute he had a change of heart. It happens and you respect it. This was something entirely different. And funny thing is, Pelinka is taking it the worst. Crazy times.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:25 am    Post subject:

kobetimeeverytime wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
MedRomLaker wrote:
from Mona

Quote:

DIRTY SNAKE!!!

I think what's caught a lot of people off guard is you wouldn't expect Kawhi to be so shrewed.

So he was decided on Clippers all along and just stalling for time and leaking Lakers in order to clear the road for Clippers to get the trade done.

You could see it coming.. He tried to team up with KD there.. then JB.. I always had the feeling that he was looking for someone to join him with the Clippers. What I didn't anticipate was them making a trade to get him that second star.

You gotta give them credit for getting their work done covertly.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:27 am    Post subject:

I tried telling all of you prior to ALL of this.

Kawhi is dirty and not worth the trouble. The crap he pulled on the Spurs is all that anyone should need to know he's filthy. But to string along two organizations and their fanbases is just as unprofessional as anything I've ever seen.

I'm happy we dodged this snake weirdo.

Start listening to me. I know what I'm talking about.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I tried telling all of you prior to ALL of this.

Kawhi is dirty and not worth the trouble. The crap he pulled on the Spurs is all that anyone should need to know he's filthy. But to string along two organizations and their fanbases is just as unprofessional as anything I've ever seen.

I'm happy we dodged this snake weirdo.

Start listening to me. I know what I'm talking about.

kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject:

X wrote:
-Well I'm batting .000 lately.. Haven't caught up on the threads, but needless to say, Lakers were pretty much blindsided up until the very last moments. To them it came out of nowhere.

-They had been more than a tad flustered the past 2 days, and now the reason has been shown. They were basically being held hostage. Know this, was told that if they had known earlier, they would have went in a different direction instead of basically being used as the fallback option.

-Afew years back Melo was supposed to be on his way, and at the last minute he had a change of heart. It happens and you respect it. This was something entirely different. And funny thing is, Pelinka is taking it the worst. Crazy times.

Posters blaming the "insiders" on this forum are idiots. Every "insider" said they had connections with Lakers FO and they are only relaying the feelings in the Lakers FO at the time. The fact that Lakers themselves were blindsided is not an indictment of the sources people had
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
kobetimeeverytime wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
MedRomLaker wrote:
from Mona

Quote:

DIRTY SNAKE!!!

You could see it coming.. He tried to team up with KD there.. then JB.. I always had the feeling that he was looking for someone to join him with the Clippers. What I didn't anticipate was them making a trade to get him that second star.

You gotta give them credit for getting their work done covertly.

you can see it in hindsight and yes the pieces fit. but i didn't see it coming as it was happening, i had wrote off the clippers completely
MikeHoncho
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:32 am    Post subject:

The Lakers desperately need a seasoned vet a front office role. Pelinka got played like a drum by Kawhi. Asking for an extension on the AD trade to force the Clippers hand is brilliant.

I didn't see it, but Rob should have. The signs were all there - from the reporting that Kawhi wanted Durant to team up in LA and Kawhi made that call when he had all the super star fire power he could want with LAL. To stringing this process out to give the Clippers long enough to get the deal done with OKC, Rob should have read the situation to understand that the player clearly didn't want what you were selling.

Instead, he got used and abused.

Thank god for Rich Paul or this would be the Titanic today.
myjohnsonismagic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject:

MedRomLaker wrote:
from Mona

Quote:

DIRTY SNAKE!!!

We got played so hard!! They could smell our desperation. Hold off on the AD trade....why? To what benefit to us? So he could maybe join? Have to play the odds. If he wanted to join, he would have early on. He strung us along because our desperation showed. Got to know when to hold them and know when to fold. Guess its easier in retrospect and we were in too deep after the way the Free Agency moved anyway. Its just blah. Time to start plotting our next move.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject:

AT least LG is fast again
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject:

The insiders might be legit. They just got outplayed like the entire Lakers organization, the media besides Woj and the entire country of Canada.
MikeHoncho
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject:

And here it is:

Quote:
@wojespn
Story soon on ESPN: In a dramatic night of negotiations, Thunder GM Sam Presti leveraged the Clippers and Raptors in trade talks on Paul George. The Clippers ability to deliver an unprecedented pool of picks and PG Shai Gilgeous-Alexander ruled day.

Lakers played like a drum.
frostdude1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject:

I am ready to hate this snake forever
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:01 am    Post subject:

kobetimeeverytime wrote:
X wrote:

Posters blaming the "insiders" on this forum are idiots. Every "insider" said they had connections with Lakers FO and they are only relaying the feelings in the Lakers FO at the time. The fact that Lakers themselves were blindsided is not an indictment of the sources people had

It's one thing to relay insider information, it's a totally different to act like a smug clownass calling attention to yourself, saying you'll be taking apologies when it goes down, stringing everyone along with weird cryptic limericks and making it all about yourself and revelling in the attention-whoreness of it all. That's the difference and that's why I hope YSONG gets banned or just disappears.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 871, 872, 873 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 872 of 878
Jump to: