KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 872, 873, 874 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject:

MikeHoncho wrote:
And here it is:

Quote:
@wojespn
Story soon on ESPN: In a dramatic night of negotiations, Thunder GM Sam Presti leveraged the Clippers and Raptors in trade talks on Paul George. The Clippers ability to deliver an unprecedented pool of picks and PG Shai Gilgeous-Alexander ruled day.

Lakers played like a drum.

This tells you, even rich owners are tight with their money. OKC blew up their championship run with 2 MVP candidates in their team...

PRIORITY 1: KEEP AD
myjohnsonismagic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject:

MikeHoncho wrote:
And here it is:

Quote:
@wojespn
Story soon on ESPN: In a dramatic night of negotiations, Thunder GM Sam Presti leveraged the Clippers and Raptors in trade talks on Paul George. The Clippers ability to deliver an unprecedented pool of picks and PG Shai Gilgeous-Alexander ruled day.

Lakers played like a drum.

And thats why you always heard our name in the media, Kawhi's camp would have said to both the Raps and Clips, get PG or we go to the Lakers. We were never in it
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject:

Simply another dastardly case of using the Lakers for leverage.

Happens all the time.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject:

Not sure if it's true or not, but there was a report saying that Kawhi's camp was perplexed at why Magic left the organization so abruptly.

It would appear the discord between Pelinka and Magic played some role in Kawhi's decision. Had Magic stayed, I doubt Kawhi would have picked the Clippers. We dun got trolled, but it was preventable.

On another note, Jerry West is simply magical, though. Shoulda hired him when you had the chance, Rob.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Not sure if it's true or not, but there was a report saying that Kawhi's camp was perplexed at why Magic left the organization so abruptly.

It would appear the discord between Pelinka and Magic played some role in Kawhi's decision. Had Magic stayed, I doubt Kawhi would have picked the Clippers. We dun got trolled, but it was preventable.

On another note, Jerry West is simply magical, though. Shoulda hired him when you had the chance, Rob.

I think he wanted the Clippers from the get go.

It's ON.

Good for the league.
frostdude1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject:

Don’t believe any crap.

This ***** never wanted to be a laker and I’m happy he’s not.
Him and that loser George don’t deserve to be in the same breath as Kobe, Shaq, Kareem, magic etc...

I’m angry because this snake knew all along he didn’t wanna be a laker and he was trying to hurt their off-season cause he knows a strong lakers team hurts his chances.

Most overrated star in the league. Torn ACL and Torn achilles was needed for him to win. Let’s beat their asses next year!!!!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:16 am    Post subject:

Kawhi did click his heels 3 times and repeated "THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME" Sad it wasn't to the Lakers. The Clippers have a great chance to bring home the Larry O'Brien. They have a solid squad, excellent coach, a great FO and deep pockets. Every where Jerry goes greatness follows. I bet he was key in getting Kawhi to sign with the Clippers. Zu and Lou must be smiling

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject:

We got played.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject:

Magic and Jerry West both left with bad blood...

The Lakers are the Logo of the NBA and Jerry West was our Superstar Hall of Famer Legend etc etc

Why couldn't the Lakers see the long term effects of not keeping THE LOGO

The anger should be at Phil Jackson and Jeanie

https://www.nba.com/lakers/history/lakersretirednumbers
Quote:

Jerry44West
Jerry West

Retired on November 19, 1983 in honor of Jerry West whose career scoring average (27.0) ranks fourth all-time in NBA history ... playoff scoring average (29.1) ranks second all-time in NBA annals, trailing only Michael Jordan ... Lakers' all-time leading scorer (25,192) ... led the Lakers in scoring seven different seasons, highlighted by a career-best 31.3 during the 1965-66 campaign ... member of the All-NBA First Team on 10 occasions ... member of the NBA's All-Defensive First Team four times ... 14-time NBA All-Star (All-Star Game MVP in 1972) ... member of the Lakers' 1972 NBA championship team ... named Most Valuable Player of the 1969 NBA Finals ... established an NBA record by scoring 20-plus points in 25 consecutive NBA Finals games (since broken by Michael Jordan) ... holds the NBA record for most free throws made in a single season (840 in 1965-66) ... holds the NBA record for highest scoring average in a single playoff series (46.3 in 1965 six-game series vs. Baltimore) ... was the first-ever draft choice in L.A. Lakers history (second pick overall in the 1960 NBA Draft) ... led the NBA in assists during the 1971-72 campaign (9.7) ... inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1979 ... 14-year NBA veteran (all with the Lakers) ... was named one of the 50 greatest players in NBA history during the league's 50th anniversary season in 1996-97.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject:

Can we shut this thread down. Kawhi used the Lakers, hoping he has a miserable time in LAC and hope those earthquake is an indication of the horrible time he have over there. Boo his ass anywhere u see him, worse than what PG. At least PG didn’t string us along, horrible person to even plan this. Hope his rep takes a dive and his endorsement dries up after this move.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject:

I can't wait to sweep the Clippers during the playoffs.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:40 am    Post subject:

LOCK THIS THREAD
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I can't wait to sweep the Clippers during the playoffs.

we need to make the playoffs first.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject:

I'm beginning to wonder if the rumor Kawhi and PG13 didn't want to play with LeBron has merit?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
We got played.

For like the 33rd time in-a-row!

Using the Lakers as leverage is the oldest trick in the book. sigh
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
We got played.

For like the 33rd time in-a-row!

Using the Lakers as leverage is the oldest trick in the book. sigh
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject:

kobetimeeverytime wrote:
X wrote:
-Well I'm batting .000 lately.. Haven't caught up on the threads, but needless to say, Lakers were pretty much blindsided up until the very last moments. To them it came out of nowhere.

-They had been more than a tad flustered the past 2 days, and now the reason has been shown. They were basically being held hostage. Know this, was told that if they had known earlier, they would have went in a different direction instead of basically being used as the fallback option.

-Afew years back Melo was supposed to be on his way, and at the last minute he had a change of heart. It happens and you respect it. This was something entirely different. And funny thing is, Pelinka is taking it the worst. Crazy times.

Posters blaming the "insiders" on this forum are idiots. Every "insider" said they had connections with Lakers FO and they are only relaying the feelings in the Lakers FO at the time. The fact that Lakers themselves were blindsided is not an indictment of the sources people had

Agreed i've been lurking from time to time as i have been busy with life haven't had the time to post but the lack of critical thinking by posters on here was staggering.

Also X thank you for the info you have been solid for many years.

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder if the rumor Kawhi and PG13 didn't want to play with LeBron has merit?

Of course it does. Team does anything good, lebron gets credit. Team does anything bad, take all blame
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject:

kobetimeeverytime wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
kobetimeeverytime wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
MedRomLaker wrote:
from Mona

Quote:
Much will be made of the Lakers and Raptors end of this. But as of about 2 hours before Leonard chose the Clippers Friday night, his camp was asking the Lakers to delay the AD trade until Sat/Sun, sources tell ESPN. No reason given. Just a condition.

DIRTY SNAKE!!!

Yea if true dirty.. But think about it..

There isn't anything a front office wont do to get a championship, no player they wont move. They will act in their own best interest, always, no matter the collateral damage. Kawhi exhibited the same cold hearted business not personal attitude that we see from the majority of NBA front offices.

I think what's caught a lot of people off guard is you wouldn't expect Kawhi to be so shrewed.

EDIT: Remember when Magic told the kids it's business, nothing personal? Karma has a funny way of sneaking up on ya.

So he was decided on Clippers all along and just stalling for time and leaking Lakers in order to clear the road for Clippers to get the trade done.

machiavellian. We will see how it works out for him in the end

You could see it coming.. He tried to team up with KD there.. then JB.. I always had the feeling that he was looking for someone to join him with the Clippers. What I didn't anticipate was them making a trade to get him that second star.

You gotta give them credit for getting their work done covertly.

you can see it in hindsight and yes the pieces fit. but i didn't see it coming as it was happening, i had wrote off the clippers completely

I saw smoke but didn't want to believe it, I took Kawho as someone who had some honor or sense of professionalism to tell the Lakers thanks but I am not interested, I was wrong about his character.

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject:

Please lock this (bleep). Don't him any free propaganda. he is an enemy. I promise to never say his name or care about anything he does. Ill never watch any of his games or buy his (bleep) china sneakers.

Little by little.. everyone add to the cause.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Of course it does.

PG13 is who Kawhi wanted to play with.

Had the Lakers signed him, Kawhi would be a Laker now.

Lakers basically dissed PG13 for LeBron.

So basically signing Lebron has cost the Lakers PG13, Kawhi, Ingram, Zo, Hart, Randle and Dlo.

Hope he delivers that title.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject:

It's time to move on. I won't miss what I never had.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Of course it does.

PG13 is who Kawhi wanted to play with.

Had the Lakers signed him, Kawhi would be a Laker now.

Lakers basically dissed PG13 for LeBron.

So basically signing Lebron has cost the Lakers PG13, Kawhi, Ingram, Zo, Hart, Randle and Dlo.

Hope he delivers that title.

But got us AD
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject:

X wrote:

-They had been more than a tad flustered the past 2 days, and now the reason has been shown. They were basically being held hostage. Know this, was told that if they had known earlier, they would have went in a different direction instead of basically being used as the fallback option.

This is the problem though, isn't it? It seems like they really didn't have a plan B. I was more than willing to cut Pelinka some slack because if he'd pulled off Kawhi, it would have probably been the greatest off-season in NBA history for one team. But clearly as the days dragged on, something was up. A really smart GM like West sees things a couple of steps ahead of everyone else. Pelinka and co seem always to be reacting. I still think we're in a far more positive place than we have been for the last 6 years. But I don't think we're currently a championship team, so it's going to take some really impressive moves from the front office over the next few years to get us into that position.

What most worries me is that we're going to be in the same position in two years with Giannis, and think we actually have a shot.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Simply another dastardly case of using the Lakers for leverage.

Happens all the time.

We were the back-up plan in the off-chance that the clippers wouldn't be able to secure a 2nd superstar.

Teams were told to avoid leaking details of negotiations specifically to prevent the lakers from figuring out that we're being used to pressure the Clippers into doing everything they can to secure PG13. If word got out from either the Clips or Raptors that Kawhi is asking those 2 teams to tradr for a 2nd superstar, lakers would have withdrawn immediately.

We were played. No way around it. Dunno if we should blame the FO. Nobody saw this coming. They played it perfectly.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 872, 873, 874 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 873 of 878
Jump to: