Kawhi Leonard to LA? (Math to Sign KL in 2019, p. 1; Traded to Toronto for DeRozan; p. 538; Woj: In his mind right now, he’s headed to L.A. next year; P. 598)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 619, 620, 621  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2001
Posts: 10109

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Whoever's leaking that Kawhi doesn't like Texas is an idiot.

No matter how he feels, it shouldn't become public knowledge as he will alienate 10% of the US population... more if you include the entire Southwest and South with that.


They said he doesn't like San Antonio. Neither do I. So what? He didn't say he doesn't like Dallas or Houston or Austin. No one living in San Antonio ought to like it either. Your big deal is you have a river with a bunch of commercialized Tex-Mex restaurants and the Alamo?

So since he hasn't said he doesn't like Texas, but just doesn't like one city, what are you going on about? And seriously, who cares? He's from southern California, why shouldn't he want to go home? And if you're from San Antonio and a guy from Riverside thinks your city sucks, your bigger concern ought to be that the place you live is worse than Riverside even with no state taxes. That's bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 8974

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
PG13 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Whoever's leaking that Kawhi doesn't like Texas is an idiot.

No matter how he feels, it shouldn't become public knowledge as he will alienate 10% of the US population... more if you include the entire Southwest and South with that.


I don't think it is a big of a deal as you make it out to be.


Yeah, my words were over dramatic... but it is dumb.

If the point of him moving is marketing... the first principle is not to trash huge demographic segments.

Doesn't matter what city you live in, if half the country doesn't like you anymore.


Did you just go from 10%, to the entire Southwest and South, to half the country?

From a quote that he doesn't like Texas?



_________________
WE BACK BABY!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22521

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
PG13 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Whoever's leaking that Kawhi doesn't like Texas is an idiot.

No matter how he feels, it shouldn't become public knowledge as he will alienate 10% of the US population... more if you include the entire Southwest and South with that.


I don't think it is a big of a deal as you make it out to be.


Yeah, my words were over dramatic... but it is dumb.

If the point of him moving is marketing... the first principle is not to trash huge demographic segments.

Doesn't matter what city you live in, if half the country doesn't like you anymore.


Did you just go from 10%, to the entire Southwest and South, to half the country?

From a quote that he doesn't like Texas?



_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13311
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Notice what the color of his hat is, also...

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/994804534718451712
_________________
It's time to quiet the naysayers and Laker haters...let's go!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 6442
Location: SGV

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Notice what the color of his hat is, also...

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/994804534718451712


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22521

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Notice what the color of his hat is, also...

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/994804534718451712


Yep.
Tan.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13311
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Notice what the color of his hat is, also...

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/994804534718451712


Yep.
Tan.


I'm going with yellow or gold. Yes, that's it...gold.
_________________
It's time to quiet the naysayers and Laker haters...let's go!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22521

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
epak wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Notice what the color of his hat is, also...

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/994804534718451712


Yep.
Tan.


I'm going with yellow or gold. Yes, that's it...gold.


Gooooolllllldddddd
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 6442
Location: SGV

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Come on Kawhi, force your ass out of San Antonio
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 1676

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

This might piss off a lot of spurs fans. He wasn't healthy enough to sit on the bench to support his team, but he's clearly fine walking around baseball games in LA? Let the criticism commence *rubs hands*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 16787
Location: The Garden Island

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
epak wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Notice what the color of his hat is, also...

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/994804534718451712


Yep.
Tan.


I'm going with yellow or gold. Yes, that's it...gold.



Love the pic in the response with the photoshopped Lakers Jersey.

KL looks good in P&G.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13311
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
epak wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Notice what the color of his hat is, also...

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/994804534718451712


Yep.
Tan.


I'm going with yellow or gold. Yes, that's it...gold.



Love the pic in the response with the photoshopped Lakers Jersey.

KL looks good in P&G.


We all would, BSH. We all would.
_________________
It's time to quiet the naysayers and Laker haters...let's go!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 16787
Location: The Garden Island

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
epak wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Notice what the color of his hat is, also...

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/994804534718451712


Yep.
Tan.


I'm going with yellow or gold. Yes, that's it...gold.



Love the pic in the response with the photoshopped Lakers Jersey.

KL looks good in P&G.


We all would, BSH. We all would.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 10861
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
It's commonly heard on the front office grapevine that Leonard is eyeing the Lakers as a free agent in 2019. One of the Western Conference executives noted it's no accident that the Lakers reportedly have shifted their free-agent plans to focus on the '19 class (which Leonard may headline), according to Shelburne and ESPN.com's Adrian Wojnarowski, as opposed to a quick fix this summer.

"That's why [the Lakers] are spinning it into 'wait till next year,'" the executive said. "They know they can get Kawhi."


LINK


Here's another: LINK 2


If KL ends up on a competitor, he could easily stay there...
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 10861
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject:

There are always people trying to make something out of nothing;


Kawhi Leonard attended Thursday’s Dodgers game. And somehow this is a thing.
Kurt Helin,NBC Sports 5 hours ago


Let’s start with the obvious: If your take is “Kawhi Leonard couldn’t be bothered to support his teammates and show up to one playoff game, what is he doing at a Dodger game?” then you’re just being lazy. Which means this will probably be all over sports talk radio tomorrow. The man does not need to live in a cave until the start of next season.

If your take is “this clearly means Leonard is going to be a Laker” then, while I know it’s legal in California now, you may want to back away from the bong.

It all started when video surfaced on Twitter that Leonard was at Thursday night’s Dodgers game against the Reds.
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Jun 2014
Posts: 188

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
There are always people trying to make something out of nothing;


Kawhi Leonard attended Thursday’s Dodgers game. And somehow this is a thing.
Kurt Helin,NBC Sports 5 hours ago


Let’s start with the obvious: If your take is “Kawhi Leonard couldn’t be bothered to support his teammates and show up to one playoff game, what is he doing at a Dodger game?” then you’re just being lazy. Which means this will probably be all over sports talk radio tomorrow. The man does not need to live in a cave until the start of next season.

If your take is “this clearly means Leonard is going to be a Laker” then, while I know it’s legal in California now, you may want to back away from the bong.

It all started when video surfaced on Twitter that Leonard was at Thursday night’s Dodgers game against the Reds.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ElginBaylor
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2005
Posts: 9283
Location: Hoosier Nation

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject:

Randle30 wrote:
deal wrote:
There are always people trying to make something out of nothing;


Kawhi Leonard attended Thursday’s Dodgers game. And somehow this is a thing.
Kurt Helin,NBC Sports 5 hours ago


Let’s start with the obvious: If your take is “Kawhi Leonard couldn’t be bothered to support his teammates and show up to one playoff game, what is he doing at a Dodger game?” then you’re just being lazy. Which means this will probably be all over sports talk radio tomorrow. The man does not need to live in a cave until the start of next season.

If your take is “this clearly means Leonard is going to be a Laker” then, while I know it’s legal in California now, you may want to back away from the bong.

It all started when video surfaced on Twitter that Leonard was at Thursday night’s Dodgers game against the Reds.




What this means to me: The odds of KL coming to L.A. as a FA in 2019 just increased a full percentage point.
_________________
Not the real Elgin Baylor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5450
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

He spent the season rehabbing in NY. Kawhi to the Knicks. Confirmed.
He wore a tan hat. Kawhi to the Lakers. Confirmed.
But he's not a free agent and doesn't have a no trade clause. Confirmed. 😂
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 8166
Location: Curitiba, Brasil

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

What is even crazier is that he MUST know how bad this looks, and he doesn't seem to care. If he wants out, he's not really helping other teams feel safe about trading for him, let alone raising his trade value so the Spurs can actually feel tempted to pull the trigger.
_________________
www.lakersbrasil.com
Fan site made by me and others, dedicated to posting Laker news and articles in portuguese.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 3981

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

Has there been any updated news on his rehab or the diagnosis of the injury?

His ability to actually play at his past level is more important then whether he wore his Laker hat while attending a Dodger game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5450
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Has there been any updated news on his rehab or the diagnosis of the injury?

His ability to actually play at his past level is more important then whether he wore his Laker hat while attending a Dodger game.


It definitely wasn't a Lakers cap. But yeah, I get what you're saying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 1421

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
He spent the season rehabbing in NY. Kawhi to the Knicks. Confirmed.
He wore a tan hat. Kawhi to the Lakers. Confirmed.
But he's not a free agent and doesn't have a no trade clause. Confirmed. 😂


Uh, I live in NY and not even die hard Knicks fans believed that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 3981

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Has there been any updated news on his rehab or the diagnosis of the injury?

His ability to actually play at his past level is more important then whether he wore his Laker hat while attending a Dodger game.


It definitely wasn't a Lakers cap. But yeah, I get what you're saying.


My mistake. Didn't scrutinize it the first time I watched the clip.

So not even a Laker hat! And it creates a stir. We will have to put half the Forum on suicide watch if he happens to wear a green shirt this weekend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 5707

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
What is even crazier is that he MUST know how bad this looks, and he doesn't seem to care. If he wants out, he's not really helping other teams feel safe about trading for him, let alone raising his trade value so the Spurs can actually feel tempted to pull the trigger.


is he supposed to just sit home like a hermit all summer?

no big deal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 8762

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Randle30 wrote:
deal wrote:
There are always people trying to make something out of nothing;


Kawhi Leonard attended Thursday’s Dodgers game. And somehow this is a thing.
Kurt Helin,NBC Sports 5 hours ago


Let’s start with the obvious: If your take is “Kawhi Leonard couldn’t be bothered to support his teammates and show up to one playoff game, what is he doing at a Dodger game?” then you’re just being lazy. Which means this will probably be all over sports talk radio tomorrow. The man does not need to live in a cave until the start of next season.

If your take is “this clearly means Leonard is going to be a Laker” then, while I know it’s legal in California now, you may want to back away from the bong.

It all started when video surfaced on Twitter that Leonard was at Thursday night’s Dodgers game against the Reds.




What this means to me: The odds of KL coming to L.A. as a FA in 2019 just increased a full percentage point.


Maybe the owner invited him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 619, 620, 621  Next
Page 11 of 621
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB