How confident are you that Paul George will sign with Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How confident are you that Paul George will sign with Lakers?
Totally confident
22%
 22%  [ 38 ]
Very confident
31%
 31%  [ 54 ]
Somewhat confident
31%
 31%  [ 53 ]
Not very confident
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Not at all confident
5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 170

Author Message
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 20736

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Very


Ok this makes me bump by 60% confidence to 67%. Haha


My word shouldn't take it beyond 62%, my man.


You sell yourself short, sir.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 2234

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Let's also not forget about Brian Shaw when pondering this. He and George have had a very close relationship for years. I doubt associate head coaches are usually at pitch meetings, but I'd expect Shaw to be present when the Lakers make their pitch to George.
_________________
"We shall never be clothed with the righteousness of Christ except we first know assuredly that we have no righteousness of our own."

- John Calvin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 16484
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

I really hope Aaron Mintz is telling PG.. how bad OKCs outlook is... I think he wants his client in LA, so Iím pretty sure heís gonna be in his ear in these next 2 months.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 16491
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

I still have a hard time putting it beyond 50/50 until the contract is signed.

Every bit of logic I can cobble together at this point leads to a strong likelihood PG signs with the Lakers. Still, when it comes to free agency, unpredictability is the norm and logic is hit or miss, particularly when we don't have all the information first hand and can't climb inside these player's heads.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 8898
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I still have a hard time putting it beyond 50/50 until the contract is signed.

Every bit of logic I can cobble together at this point leads to a strong likelihood PG signs with the Lakers. Still, when it comes to free agency, unpredictability is the norm and logic is hit or miss, particularly when we don't have all the information first hand and can't climb inside these player's heads.


You're right, because traditionally FA's sign where the most MONEY is and Agents advise their clients to do so, as they are typically getting a percentage of that money and mo-money is better than lo-money...!
_________________
BRING ON THE DANCING HORSES...!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 89749
Location: I have hate filled eyes.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I still have a hard time putting it beyond 50/50 until the contract is signed.

Every bit of logic I can cobble together at this point leads to a strong likelihood PG signs with the Lakers. Still, when it comes to free agency, unpredictability is the norm and logic is hit or miss, particularly when we don't have all the information first hand and can't climb inside these player's heads.


You're right, because traditionally FA's sign where the most MONEY is and Agents advise their clients to do so, as they are typically getting a percentage of that money and mo-money is better than lo-money...!


I compare PG13ís FA to Hayward and Horfordís FA. They both left more money to join a non championship Celtics team.
_________________
Plan A: PG13/LBJ/re-sign Jules/Brook (room ex.)
Plan B: PG13/re-sign Jules/punt rest of cap to 2019
Plan C: re-sign Jules/do not extend mediocre players to long term deals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 20736

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I still have a hard time putting it beyond 50/50 until the contract is signed.

Every bit of logic I can cobble together at this point leads to a strong likelihood PG signs with the Lakers. Still, when it comes to free agency, unpredictability is the norm and logic is hit or miss, particularly when we don't have all the information first hand and can't climb inside these player's heads.


You're right, because traditionally FA's sign where the most MONEY is and Agents advise their clients to do so, as they are typically getting a percentage of that money and mo-money is better than lo-money...!


Itís not like the alternative is low money tho
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 55562

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

A lot of players the last several years have walked away from the 5th year and take less money to play where they want.

Howard
Bosh
Lebron (twice)
Durant
Hayward
Horford
Aldridge
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 2872

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

hes coming to LA

ive never been so sure in my life
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 4660
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

But, But Paintball with Westbrook?!?!?


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 2441

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

Totally confident.
_________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/a9010ad1ba1a2e2f28f8bd071fbadda1/tumblr_mgik2rkq8U1rk0uv7o1_r2_250.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 31479
Location: Torrance

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

If he's the guy Lebron wants then I'm very confident.
_________________
Smash-mouth basketball - Officially Dead (2014-2017)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Mar 2002
Posts: 7208
Location: Sovngarde

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
If he's the guy Lebron wants then I'm very confident.


I want Pg number one. My fear is Lebron will choose La with the condition we trade our youngsters for Kl. And we do not get Pg and we lose say Bi or Lonzo.
_________________
The great Laker Center Tradition continues.....Mikan, Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Gasol....Lopez!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YSong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Sep 2016
Posts: 165

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

PG has been looking forward to being a Laker for the past 2 yrs... itís 100% certain heís coming here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 2234

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
If he's the guy Lebron wants then I'm very confident.


I want Pg number one. My fear is Lebron will choose La with the condition we trade our youngsters for Kl. And we do not get Pg and we lose say Bi or Lonzo.

I donít see that scenario playing out at all. It seems to assume that LeBron would sign before George, which is unlikely. Itís much more likely that George signs up first. I think the Lakers recognize that George is the key to getting LeBron. Who knows where the Lakers rank on LeBronís list (CLE, LAL, HOU, PHI) at this point, but if theyíre not first already, signing George would likely be the move that causes them to jump a team or two. Thatís the game-changing move as far as a LeBron pursuit is concerned.
_________________
"We shall never be clothed with the righteousness of Christ except we first know assuredly that we have no righteousness of our own."

- John Calvin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JPaulK0n
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Feb 2018
Posts: 577

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I'm 100% sure, it's no accident that the rumors of PG wanting to be a Lakers began right when Maginka got hired in the front office. PG & his agent tanked PG's trade value by going to the media of him only wanting to go to the Lakers and that whoever trades for him is getting a rental. Lakers took a $500K fine for tampering with PG last summer. PG has let it be known that he wants to return home. I doubt PG and his camp would go through this whole process and at the last minute not follow through with it, this has been a year long process and wait for a reason, and it's going to happen IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 3910
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

So is July 1st the day Magic can call and text Paul and get him to join the Lakers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 21564
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
So is July 1st the day Magic can call and text Paul and get him to join the Lakers?


9PM (Pacific Time) on June 30th is when the Lakers can contact players. Can not officially sign until a week later....(July 7th @ 8 or 9 AM Eastern Time where league office is located)
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ÄH£M£$TR•
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 939

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Heís comin home. Kawhi too. And IT. And BroLo. #homecoming
_________________
🌮 WE 🌮 WANT 🌮 TACOS 🌮
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 8898
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
So is July 1st the day Magic can call and text Paul and get him to join the Lakers?


9PM (Pacific Time) on June 30th is when the Lakers can contact players. Can not officially sign until a week later....(July 7th @ 8 or 9 AM Eastern Time where league office is located)


Whoa, slow down cowboy, you are talking about Free Agents, as of right now, PG is under contract, which he can/may/will opt out of...

Does anybody know when Players can opt out of their contracts?

Is it before Free Agency contact begins?
_________________
BRING ON THE DANCING HORSES...!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2016
Posts: 1520

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

I think our chance to sign George is higher than our chance to sign LMA or Droz or Love or any of the pipe dream FAĒs weíve been chasing over the past 3-5 years. At least we have some talent now, we have a vision and we appear to be headed towards .500 next season.

Also Mitch and Jim were not respected around the league as guys with savvy and the LMA meeting was a complete embarrassment, they actually sealed their fate with that. I feel that Rob specifically is extremely impressive, even if Magic and Luke arenít so much. I have faith in him.

The actual chance of PG coming here isnít geeat IMO...maybe 25%. Unless he has some overwhelming desire to play in LA, waiting for our youngsters to develop in a brutal conference probably isnít where he wants to spend his prime. Iím pretty certain itís not where Lebron wants his career to finish either. Maybe 10% on Lebron coming.

So there is a chance, because under Mitch and Jim I believe we had a 0% chance to land an impact FAís. Iím expecting us to Reup Julius, maybe sign Alex Len or Noel or both, maybe we keep KCP...and we punt a max spot until next offseason. Maybe the stars will align, but Iím not getting my hopes up. If Iím PG and LBJ and I want to team up, I probably go to philly and the weak east.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 2234

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
I think our chance to sign George is higher than our chance to sign LMA or Droz or Love or any of the pipe dream FAĒs weíve been chasing over the past 3-5 years. At least we have some talent now, we have a vision and we appear to be headed towards .500 next season.

Also Mitch and Jim were not respected around the league as guys with savvy and the LMA meeting was a complete embarrassment, they actually sealed their fate with that. I feel that Rob specifically is extremely impressive, even if Magic and Luke arenít so much. I have faith in him.

The actual chance of PG coming here isnít geeat IMO...maybe 25%. Unless he has some overwhelming desire to play in LA, waiting for our youngsters to develop in a brutal conference probably isnít where he wants to spend his prime. Iím pretty certain itís not where Lebron wants his career to finish either. Maybe 10% on Lebron coming.

So there is a chance, because under Mitch and Jim I believe we had a 0% chance to land an impact FAís. Iím expecting us to Reup Julius, maybe sign Alex Len or Noel or both, maybe we keep KCP...and we punt a max spot until next offseason. Maybe the stars will align, but Iím not getting my hopes up. If Iím PG and LBJ and I want to team up, I probably go to philly and the weak east.

Umm...so why did Indiana trade him again?
_________________
"We shall never be clothed with the righteousness of Christ except we first know assuredly that we have no righteousness of our own."

- John Calvin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 3162

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
So is July 1st the day Magic can call and text Paul and get him to join the Lakers?


9PM (Pacific Time) on June 30th is when the Lakers can contact players. Can not officially sign until a week later....(July 7th @ 8 or 9 AM Eastern Time where league office is located)


Great post. PG is coming. I also think he will give a verbal and work with the FO (in terms of taking less money) if they accomplish certain parameters he may want or is interested in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 15000

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
I think our chance to sign George is higher than our chance to sign LMA or Droz or Love or any of the pipe dream FAĒs weíve been chasing over the past 3-5 years. At least we have some talent now, we have a vision and we appear to be headed towards .500 next season.

Also Mitch and Jim were not respected around the league as guys with savvy and the LMA meeting was a complete embarrassment, they actually sealed their fate with that. I feel that Rob specifically is extremely impressive, even if Magic and Luke arenít so much. I have faith in him.

The actual chance of PG coming here isnít geeat IMO...maybe 25%. Unless he has some overwhelming desire to play in LA, waiting for our youngsters to develop in a brutal conference probably isnít where he wants to spend his prime. Iím pretty certain itís not where Lebron wants his career to finish either. Maybe 10% on Lebron coming.

So there is a chance, because under Mitch and Jim I believe we had a 0% chance to land an impact FAís. Iím expecting us to Reup Julius, maybe sign Alex Len or Noel or both, maybe we keep KCP...and we punt a max spot until next offseason. Maybe the stars will align, but Iím not getting my hopes up. If Iím PG and LBJ and I want to team up, I probably go to philly and the weak east.

Umm...so why did Indiana trade him again?


Because they could get the same production and less drama out of Victor Oladipo and they nailed down a solid prospect in Sabonis.

Also they traded him because he wasn't going to come back to Indiana as a free agent. Not because it was to the Lakers, but because he could go anywhere and they'd lose him for nothing. They made a smart decision.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 3664

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
The Dagger wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
If he's the guy Lebron wants then I'm very confident.


I want Pg number one. My fear is Lebron will choose La with the condition we trade our youngsters for Kl. And we do not get Pg and we lose say Bi or Lonzo.

I donít see that scenario playing out at all. It seems to assume that LeBron would sign before George, which is unlikely. Itís much more likely that George signs up first. I think the Lakers recognize that George is the key to getting LeBron. Who knows where the Lakers rank on LeBronís list (CLE, LAL, HOU, PHI) at this point, but if theyíre not first already, signing George would likely be the move that causes them to jump a team or two. Thatís the game-changing move as far as a LeBron pursuit is concerned.


Why are you assuming one "needs" to sign before the other. JMO but I would think any of the free agents interested in signing with the Lakers will be talking beforehand.

In this case James and George would have a discussion well before the signing of either. Kind of a "are we doing this thing" moment. Do they want to play together? Does George want to be the "Man" or another sidekick that will get intense criticism if something goes wrong? Signing James will satisfy the front office with an over-hyped "Decision" reveal. George can go along for the ride.

I prefer the primary focus to be George. He fits what they have in place and project to be over the next couple seasons.

If they choose to sign James or trade for Leonard who knows where that path takes them. Those decisions change the dynamics of team building in dramatic fashion. Who the hell knows where that path leads?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB