What is a Trilobite... your ancestor

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 4167

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: What is a Trilobite... your ancestor

Look at these things..
So, I was medicated last night and couldn't stop seeing these things evolving over time

bundle of nerves and armored appendages

https://www.fossilera.com/pages/about-trilobites

Particularly the Terataspis grandis
In the middle of the chart on this page

https://www.trilobites.info/lgTergra.jpg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Oct 2007
Posts: 11089
Location: Irvine, CA

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

Roughly 90% of Earth's history happened before Trilobites appear in the fossil record. (521 million years vs 4.54 billion years)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 4167

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

Dude, the Earth is flat and all that nonsense before Trilobites is conspiracy talk

Still, even if, the Earth is so much older.. these things look like something that could morph into a skull and ribcage/lungs and then legs arms etc..

I just wish Humans would've spent more of our evolution getting to know the Planet we live on and the other species that inhabit it and how we can all co-exist.. not chase dollars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 1949

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Don't they say a trilobite is like a horseshoe crab? I don't think its my ancestor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 43134
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

DELETED DOUBLE POST jodeke
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.


Last edited by jodeke on Mon May 07, 2018 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 43134
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: What is a Trilobite... your ancestor

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Look at these things..
So, I was medicated last night and couldn't stop seeing these things evolving over time

bundle of nerves and armored appendages

https://www.fossilera.com/pages/about-trilobites

Particularly the Terataspis grandis
In the middle of the chart on this page

https://www.trilobites.info/lgTergra.jpg

MAYBE IT'S TIME TO CHANGE YOUR MEDICATION LINK
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.


Last edited by jodeke on Mon May 07, 2018 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Oct 2007
Posts: 11089
Location: Irvine, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What is a Trilobite... your ancestor

jodeke wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Look at these things..
So, I was medicated last night and couldn't stop seeing these things evolving over time

bundle of nerves and armored appendages

https://www.fossilera.com/pages/about-trilobites

Particularly the Terataspis grandis
In the middle of the chart on this page

https://www.trilobites.info/lgTergra.jpg

MAYBE IT'S TIME TO CHANGE YOUR MEDICATION LINK


Please regale us with some stories of your childhood pet trilobite.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 43134
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What is a Trilobite... your ancestor

Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Look at these things..
So, I was medicated last night and couldn't stop seeing these things evolving over time

bundle of nerves and armored appendages

https://www.fossilera.com/pages/about-trilobites

Particularly the Terataspis grandis
In the middle of the chart on this page

https://www.trilobites.info/lgTergra.jpg

MAYBE IT'S TIME TO CHANGE YOUR MEDICATION LINK


Please regale us with some stories of your childhood pet trilobite.


She was there to help me choose my pet. Ask her.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 3280
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:04 am    Post subject:

trey you've got me dying over here bruv

who gets so high that they change their avatar to a damned trilobyte? lmao
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
gumby
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2285
Location: Anaheim

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

OP, are you from Pennsylvania and my former geology professor at CSFullerton?

Cause hes the only person that cared about trilobites as much as you do.

He had an unusual liking for the animal.

Bye.
_________________
"This trophy removes the most odious sentence in the English Language. It can never be said again that 'the Lakers have never beaten the Celtics.'" -Dr. Jerry Buss (1985) R.I.P., 33 x M.V.O.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 8398
Location: The (real) short corner

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Nope. It was an arthropod.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecdysozoa#Phylogeny

We evolved from the bottom tree (picture of fish).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB